Damaging Effects Of High Intensity Exercise

Cirion

Epsom salt baths? Red Light? Nacent Iodine? Salt? Coffee ?

Didn't know all those reduced iron levels, maybe have to try some of them. I do intake lots of salt, and started bringing caffeine back into my diet as well.

D

danishispsychic

Epsom Salt reduces cortisol . Salt Water flushes in the am get rid of gunk and lower cortisol . Coffee - follow the Danny Roddy way of brewing and drinking - IMO.

Cirion

Epsom Salt reduces cortisol . Salt Water flushes in the am get rid of gunk and lower cortisol . Coffee - follow the Danny Roddy way of brewing and drinking - IMO.

@danishispsychic I will have to look that up about coffee. I just ordered some really high quality coffee, and definitely will have a question or two on how to brew it effectively that Danny should hopefully answer for me.

What's your opinion about floating pods (loaded with up to 1000 lb of epsom salts)? I'm thinking about trying it out. It's a little on the pricey side ($39 per visit) but sounds intriguing to me, and possibly very effective as compared to just putting a couple lb in a regular bath. I may just take the plunge and try it out once and see for myself.

D

danishispsychic

I have not done a pod that used Epsom salt- could be interesting if you are not claustro like me. SF Salt Co does a great Epsom Salt that is concentrated and Mag Flakes work great for adding to foot baths. You would be surprised how much mag you absorb with just like 3 cups or so in a bath. I add Baking Soda too . Amazon has huge bags of it . Coffee - just read all the Dr Peat says about it - get organic. I like organic Sumatra, I drink a mix of organic decaf and Turkish Coffee which I like. Always with cream and sugar / maple syrup/honey . I add 2 or 3 drops of Lugols Iodine to my coffee. Body temps go right up.

stevrd

Lol at people talking about intense weight training being terrible for your health. Peat has said many times before that weight training is good for you. The problem is most people are doing it wrong, turning weight lifting into cardio sessions, and building up an excessive amount of lactic acid. Weight training is just like anything else that's good for you. It's like a bell curve, some is great for you, but you can do so much that you reach a point where it's excessive, ineffective and at a certain point detrimental for your health.

There is no good evidence to make the claim that weight training is inherently bad for you. It's ability to improve muscle mass, bone mineral density, testosterone to estrogen ratio, insulin sensitivity, stave off chronic diseases and prevent cognitive decline cannot be overstated.

The problem comes with improper programming, people chasing after the wrong goals, and not being realistic with themselves. Of course people are going to run into problems running gear. What do they think will happen? Sure some people are genetically able to handle the drugs but there are many people that are very sensitive to it and a mere 500mg test a week is going to send their blood pressure through the roof and cause estrogen sides. But associating weight lifting/ building muscle naturally with people who use AAS to reach unrealistic and unsustainable physiques doesn't do anybody any good.

The right way to weight train that also closely resemble what Peat recommends, is avoiding lactate build up, not taking sets to failure, not getting out of breath, taking ample rest between sets. Think of the way Bulgarians trained historically, or powerlifters/olympic lifters train. Notice how the bulk of their training is in submaximal ranges (i.e. 70-90% of 1rm range). Don't even consider doing HIT or HIIT workouts, or follow what those douches Arthur Jones/Mike Mentzer preached. It has been proven that failure is not needed and is even detrimental to long term gains. I've made the best gains of my life avoiding failure and excess fatigue during training and now I feel great every day and don't feel like I can't walk up a flight of stairs because my legs are cramping up, or can't get an erection because of stress-induced insomnia from HIT/failure training. My testosterone levels have increased since I've been training this way because I'm not constantly putting my body in a stressed state.

Lejeboca

Is There an Exercise-Intensity Threshold Capable of Avoiding the Leaky Gut?

Abstract

Endurance-sport athletes have a high incidence of gastrointestinal disorders, compromising performance and impacting overall health status. An increase in several proinflammatory cytokines and proteins (LPS, I-FABP, IL-6, IL-1β, TNF-α, IFN-γ, C-reactive protein) has been observed in ultramarathoners and triathlon athletes. One of the most common effects of this type of physical activity is the increase in intestinal permeability, known as leaky gut. The intestinal mucosa's degradation can be identified and analyzed by a series of molecular biomarkers, including the lactulose/rhamnose ratio, occludin and claudin (tight junctions), lipopolysaccharides, and I-FABP. Identifying the molecular mechanisms involved in the induction of leaky gut by physical exercise can assist in the determination of safe exercise thresholds for the preservation of the gastrointestinal tract. It was recently shown that 60 min of vigorous endurance training at 70% of the maximum work capacity led to the characteristic responses of leaky gut. It is believed that other factors may contribute to this effect, such as altitude, environmental temperature, fluid restriction, age and trainability. On the other hand, moderate physical training and dietary interventions such as probiotics and prebiotics can improve intestinal health and gut microbiota composition. This review seeks to discuss the molecular mechanisms involved in the intestinal mucosa's adaptation and response to exercise and discuss the role of the intestinal microbiota in mitigating these effects.