Vitamin B2 very effective against Candida strains in vitro and in vivo

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Looks great about B2, but is anyone concerned about higher doses and photosensitivity? I know Ray mentioned it a few times.
In the summer I only take it in the morning and evening, so I have a few hours away from peak UV light.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Capsaicin is also antifungal. It might be synergistic with HDAC inhibitors since it targets ergosterol and also with MCT's since it has been shown in this study that it is snyergistic with fluconazole and MCTs act in a similar way as I have written about above.

It inhibits ergosterol synthesis, which is needed for cell wall integrity of the fungus and thus weakens its defense.
Capsaicin inhibited biofilm by up to 89% and it was synergistic with fluoconazole ,enabliling a 2 to 4 times lower dose of it to be effective.

- Anticandidal Activity of Capsaicin and Its Effect on Ergosterol Biosynthesis and Membrane Integrity of Candida albicans - PubMed

A.R

I gradually increased my dosage of B2 to 200mg with only positive effects as far as I can tell. Energy is definetly up, gut seems more quiet and calm just as my mind , which is able to focus longer. I also feel more calm and social generally. It seems to have an anti-endotoxin effect as well, when I eat something bad and I swallow a tablet of B2 I can feel the whole stress response calming down 30 minutes later, something that only magnesium glycinate was able to give me until now.
The dry lips are gone ,but I still have a little bit of red eyes so I want to see when that disappears.
Have you used r5p? If so, are the effects different from plain riboflavin?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Have you used r5p? If so, are the effects different from plain riboflavin?
It doesnt really work for me. Makes me feel weird. It might be a manufacturing issue though, I had normal riboflavin that was absolutely useless (swanson brand) .

frannybananny

It doesnt really work for me. Makes me feel weird. It might be a manufacturing issue though, I had normal riboflavin that was absolutely useless (swanson brand) .
Do you have any experience with the Nutricost brand of B2? I just got some but got the lowest amount, 100mg, so I can build up if I want to.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Do you have any experience with the Nutricost brand of B2? I just got some but got the lowest amount, 100mg, so I can build up if I want to.
No, I havent. I would just go by improvement of symptoms. I use a brand called fairvital and a sublingual b2 from source naturals and they both definetely work.
Although I still have some red in my eyes. Since I started my anti-fungal crusade I need even more B vitamins , I think they also kill some of the B vitamin producing bacteria.
Does anybody know typical deficidncy symptoms for B3 and B1 ?

Have a friend with a pretty severe case of candida that required him to have his tonsils removed cause of it. I'll put him on to this and see how it pans out

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Have a friend with a pretty severe case of candida that required him to have his tonsils removed cause of it. I'll put him on to this and see how it pans out
He should also try the thymol + caprylic acid combo that I posted about , it is a lot more potent in my experience.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

BTW if you are interested in B2 i really recommend this thread on another forum. Its about B2 and it covers a lot of things I havent read before. Like the importance of manganese when supplementing B2 . Or the question: does too much B2 "wash out" other B vits, etc.
You dont have to read the whole thread, because obsviously its massive, but I recommend to read at least the posts by a member of the name "dog person" she has some interesting insights.
I read this thread 5 years ago and now I came full circle back to it...and I still like it.

Peatress

BTW if you are interested in B2 i really recommend this thread on another forum. Its about B2 and it covers a lot of things I havent read before. Like the importance of manganese when supplementing B2 . Or the question: does too much B2 "wash out" other B vits, etc.
You dont have to read the whole thread, because obsviously its massive, but I recommend to read at least the posts by a member of the name "dog person" she has some interesting insights.
I read this thread 5 years ago and now I came full circle back to it...and I still like it.

I remember that thread from back in the day - dog person was awesome. I learnt a lot about b2 from there. Thanks for posting.

frannybananny

No, I havent. I would just go by improvement of symptoms. I use a brand called fairvital and a sublingual b2 from source naturals and they both definetely work.
Although I still have some red in my eyes. Since I started my anti-fungal crusade I need even more B vitamins , I think they also kill some of the B vitamin producing bacteria.
Does anybody know typical deficidncy symptoms for B3 and B1 ?
Hmmmm, a sublingual might be a good way to go. Is it still making you relaxed and helping with sleep? There a tons of deficiency symptoms for B1, you can look them up, I don't know about B3...that's niacin right? I wish you the best of luck with your anti-fungal crusade and full steam ahead!

User "Fred" is also truly a wealth of experience and knowledge regarding body chemistry (methylation) and what he has been able to do, look up his B12 and folate protocol. If you come from Peat it will not be at all easy to understand certain mechanisms but above all you can understand how this Forum (I don't think I'm offending anyone) is really still very superficial on many aspects.

frannybananny

Thanks for the link to that thread...You're right, it IS massive and I have started reading it but am a little confused about dosage. This Dog Person says to only take very small amounts at a time, like like 12.5 mg 3-4x a day titrating up to 25mg 3x a day. She said that any more than that is wasted or could cause problems with your liver. You said that you take up to 200 mg at a time? That is encouraging to me since I only have 100 mg caps and I really don't want to have to start breaking them open and dividing them. Do you notice any problems with this amount? Are you reading this thread again on that other forum? I assume she is a veterinarian.

frannybananny

Hmmmm, a sublingual might be a good way to go. Is it still making you relaxed and helping with sleep? There a tons of deficiency symptoms for B1, you can look them up, I don't know about B3...that's niacin right? I wish you the best of luck with your anti-fungal crusade and full steam ahead!
@Mauritio I found this in the thread you mentioned.

It goes on to say about B1 "What events can indicate a need for more foods high in vitamin B1?

Loss of appetite
"Pins and needles" sensations
Feeling of numbness, especially in the legs
Muscle tenderness, particularly in the calf muscles

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Thanks for the link to that thread...You're right, it IS massive and I have started reading it but am a little confused about dosage. This Dog Person says to only take very small amounts at a time, like like 12.5 mg 3-4x a day titrating up to 25mg 3x a day. She said that any more than that is wasted or could cause problems with your liver. You said that you take up to 200 mg at a time? That is encouraging to me since I only have 100 mg caps and I really don't want to have to start breaking them open and dividing them. Do you notice any problems with this amount? Are you reading this thread again on that other forum? I assume she is a veterinarian.
Yes I think that is specific to ME/CFS people they are very sensitive. Im not sure if more is wasted because only 15 percent is absorbed (but i have also read higher numbers) so from a 20mg dose that's only 3mg . I take 100mg twice a day and a fourth of the sublingual tabs.
I noticed that I need more of the other b vitamins but other than that only positives and the increased need for b vits might be related to my anti fungal regimen.
Yes I read until page 14 or so but i think she got banned on the forum and some things she said are not based on science or got "debunked" on other threads but it still seemed to help many.
@Mauritio I found this in the thread you mentioned.

It goes on to say about B1 "What events can indicate a need for more foods high in vitamin B1?

Loss of appetite
"Pins and needles" sensations
Feeling of numbness, especially in the legs
Muscle tenderness, particularly in the calf muscles
Thanks, theres is always a very specific symptom for a deficiency for each vitamin for me ,I just havent figured out what it is for B1 for me. For B2 for example its dry lips and red eyes. B6 is red itchy skin patches.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals