Caprylic acid and Thymol very effective against Candida albicans

yerrag

Given that caprylic acid can easily be metabolized and render insignificant and neutered by the liver, and that eugenol or thymol or any essential oil orally administered can be glucoronidated as well by the liver, I think that inhalation therapy by cold diffusion of essential oils together with suppository delivery of caprylic acid would work better, as this method bypasses the liver. Dosage has to lessened accordingly.

yerrag

Come to think of it, I could also just mix the essential oil in the MCT oil and make it into a suppository. This would dispense with the need to inhale the EO with a cold diffuser. I may just do this. I'll have to order the molds for making the suppository. I don't know how often I have to stick the suppository, but I read about it being done 4x a day, so that is something I have to get used to.

JacobG

Is your problem is a fungal overgrowth? Then the most important part is clearing the cecum. That is best done by colon implants.

yerrag

Is your problem is a fungal overgrowth? Then the most important part is clearing the cecum. That is best done by colon implants.
It's a biofilm colony composed of synergistic bacteria and possibly fungi. They are tough to deal with as I suspect they are spread out over my blood vessel walls and their effects are systemic. They are a source of chronic inflammation and oxidatve stress. They cause my high blood pressure, but the high blood pressure is actually a good thing because it is the result of my body keeping the chronic oxidative stress from destroying my tissues and organs.

JacobG

@yerrang If they reach your blood vessels your intestinal barrier function is probably compromised. Have you looked at infections in your oral cavity, sinuses, lungs, bladder, etc.? They may contribute quite a bit.

yerrag

@yerrang If they reach your blood vessels your intestinal barrier function is probably compromised. Have you looked at infections in your oral cavity, sinuses, lungs, bladder, etc.? They may contribute quite a bit.
The infection started from my periodontal issues. All the other areas are fine. This is a strain on my system, but my system has adapted to it very well. I don't have maximal metabolism, but it's only because resources that can be used for maximal metabolism, to be used for the development of lush hair, a sagacious brain, and a hyperperforming sex organ, are channeled towards enabling my immune system fight off this systemic infection.

However, I have zero gut issues, zero blood sugar issues, excellent acid-base balance, and inflammatory markers show that I suffer no tissue destruction at all from the oxidative stresses arising from this infection. It is me allowing my body to decide what is best for me, and me giving my body what it needs to keep me in balance.I sleep well enough even though I have to wake up at night to pee twice, but I still get enough deep sleep as I quickly doze off each time I wake up. And for twenty years, I haven't had a fever nor flu, so I have less fear of COVID. And I have no allergies for 5 years already, and that was allergic rhinitis.

I think very much that having a good biological terrain helps a lot, and that good energy production from good sugar metabolism plays a huge role here. Without which I can easily be felled by the little insults we get everyday.

Last edited:

JacobG

Sounds like you are on a good path. Is your oral health now perfect? Otherwise, what helps a lot of people is using a waterpik with small amounts of H2O2 2-3x a day for a couple of weeks.

yerrag

Sounds like you are on a good path. Is your oral health now perfect? Otherwise, what helps a lot of people is using a waterpik with small amounts of H2O2 2-3x a day for a couple of weeks.
H2O2 doesn't work for me as there are plenty of catalase-positive bacteria that makes mince meat of H2O2. Catalase converts H2O2 to benign water and oxygen. I'm using Dr. Manhart's method now. Will see how that goes.

artist

I would not consume thymol as it disrupts the blood brain barrier at 20mg/kg (in rats). In the study the "NOEL" was at 10mg/kg -> ADI around 0.1mg/kg/day. So for a 70kg human that is just 7mg a day which is maybe safe. That is probably not enough to do anything against a fungal infection.

I've seen this study cited around here a few times, so as an oregano oil fan I felt I had to investigate. I'm not an expert on dosage conversions, but my understanding contradicts what you have outlined. Based on the following sources:

the conversion between mouse dosage and human dosage involves dividing the mouse dosage (mg/kg) by 12.3. Converting from 10 mg/kg, this gives a safe thymol dosage (based on your study) of .81 mg/kg in humans. For a 56 kg lady like myself, this would give a safe dosage of 45 mg of thymol.

Oregano oil contains approximately 18.5% thymol (source: Thymol enrichment from oregano essential oil by molecular distillation) and in my OO of choice, each dosage contains 43 mg of OO, and thus 7.9mg of thymol. The most I tend to use even when actively trying to purge something with the OO is a 3x a day dose (and I find this stuff to be very high octane, extremely spicy which is why I use it). This would put me at about 24 mg a day, just over half of the dose considered safe by this study. If someone can point me to a math error I would like to know.

I do think this study is a good one to be aware of, as obviously the dosage I (and likely many others) use is certainly not powers of ten away from dosages that could be considered dangerous, but I do feel comfortable with the buffer that I have in my own usage based on the calculations above. I do hope there will be more research into these herbs. I am generally skeptical of herbal remedies (rather than isolated chemicals) as they are more complex and thus may have more negative externalities that might be hard to predict or control. With that said, I react poorly to very, very many things, but oil of oregano has always reliably made me feel much better in every way.

Last edited:

Inaut

Inaut

Also, apparently thyme or thymol is progestogenic, increases testosterone and binds with estrogen. I'm testing it out now by adding two drops to mct oil and applying to the navel area.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"Thymol and carvacrol from the class of monoterpene phenols are one of the most potent plant essential oil components possessing antimicrobial effects. Known for their wide bioactive spectrum, these positional isomers of isopropyl cresol deplete ergosterol content, compromise membrane permeability, block efflux pumps and restore antifungal susceptibility to fluconazole in resistant Candida strains."
- Effect of two monoterpene phenols on antioxidant defense system in Candida albicans - PubMed

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Now we can add eugenol to this stack to make a little antimicrobial bomb .
Thymol and caprylic acid are synergistic against fungi.
Thymol and eugenol are synergistic against bacteria ,even more so combined with peat approved antibiotics (penicillin , erythromycin, tetracycline)

So an antimicrobial super stack, that would be effective against fungi and bacteria of all sorts would be:
Penicillin / erythromycin/ tetracycline +
caprylic acid + thyme oil/ thymol + clove oil/eugenol
After reading quotes from this post, it seems like I should add eugenol to my anti-fungal stack.
If anything eugenol seems just as strong of an anti-fungal as its an anti-biotic.

"Results of this second investigation showed that carvacrol and eugenol were fungicidal against exponentially growing cells of C. albicans.Eugenol was also proposed as an alternative for the treatment of Candida spp. infections in denture-wearingbpatients, and its in vitro activity was investigated(Marcos-Arias et al., 2011). In 2011, Marcos-Arias and coworkers evaluated the antifungal activity of eugenol against 38 Candida isolates from denturewearers, finding MIC ranges of 0.03–0.25% (v/v) demonstrating that eugenol could potentially be a remedy for denture stomatitis and oral candidiasis. "

"Eugenol EO exhibited the best anti-microbial activity against C. albicans (MIC and MFC:0.1 ll/ml) followed by S. aureus (MIC and MBC: 0.4 ll/ml), and E. coli and E. faecalis (MIC and MBC:1 ll/ml for both)."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Interestingly Eugenol also has combined synergy with anti-fungal drugs like fluconazole or azithromycin.

"Eugenol was highly synergistic with fluconazole (FICI = 0.156) against CAJ-12 single biofilms. However, the combination of eugenol and azithromycin showed maximum synergy (FICI = 0.140) against pre-formed C. albicans and S. mutans mixed biofilms."

ddjd

In a test-tube study, a sage-based essential oil was shown to kill and halt the spread of Candida albicans

How are you suggesting people try the thymol. I 've not read much in to essential oils before, but a quick google doesn't give me the impression they can be ingested when they are concentrated. Oregano oil contains about 22% thymol on average, so would that be enough, or would they need to ingest the thyme essential oil as well a long with the caprylic acid and antifungal/antibiotic ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

How are you suggesting people try the thymol. I 've not read much in to essential oils before, but a quick google doesn't give me the impression they can be ingested when they are concentrated. Oregano oil contains about 22% thymol on average, so would that be enough, or would they need to ingest the thyme essential oil as well a long with the caprylic acid and antifungal/antibiotic ?
I'm using thyme essential oil, from my impression people warn against them because they are really concentrated if they are undilated and can burn your throat. Thats why I dissvole it in Caprylic acid (anti-fungal synergy,too) and put them in a gelatin capsule, so far everything's fine. I have tried it 3 times.
It even says on the bottle of my thyme oil "To spice and aromatize foods and drinks" so I think it should be safe for consumption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom