Caprylic acid and Thymol very effective against Candida albicans

Sunrise

Has anybody has good candido da erradicating results from MCT c8 oil? At how Many spoons per day? How many days

I am in mexico where caprilic pills Sometimes are harder to get

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Has anybody has good candido da erradicating results from MCT c8 oil? At how Many spoons per day? How many days

I am in mexico where caprilic pills Sometimes are harder to get
I think @shine had great results with MCT oil IIRC ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Now we can add eugenol to this stack to make a little antimicrobial bomb .
Thymol and caprylic acid are synergistic against fungi.
Thymol and eugenol are synergistic against bacteria ,even more so combined with peat approved antibiotics (penicillin , erythromycin, tetracycline)

So an antimicrobial super stack, that would be effective against fungi and bacteria of all sorts would be:
Penicillin / erythromycin/ tetracycline +
caprylic acid + thyme oil/ thymol + clove oil/eugenol

"Eugenol and thymol are
believed to work synergistically, with thymol disrupting and disintegrating the outer membrane of gram-negative species and allowing eugenol to access the cyto-
plasm and destroy enzymes.
The interaction of eugenol and thymol has been studied by several authors against both gram-negative and gram-positive pathogens."
--> my toothpaste for the win :)

"In studying combinations of eugenol and antibiotics against gram-negative strains,
Hemaiswarya & Doble (2009), demonstrated that some conventional antibiotics (ampicillin, penicillin, oxacillin, erythromycin, norfloxacin, chloramphenicol, polymyxin
B, tetracycline, vancomycin, rifampin) can be active atconcentrations 5–1000 times lower in combination with eugenol than when used alone, indicating that these combinations are synergistic in nature. Indeed, eugenol
interacts with the bacterial cytoplasmic membrane and is thus able to enhance the antibiotic activity of ampicillin, penicillin, oxacillin, erythromycin, norfloxacin, tetra-
cycline, chloramphenicol, polymyxin B, rifampicin, and vancomycin among others."
(https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1040841X.2017.1295225?scroll=top&needAccess=true)

rei

very interesting result, i would have thought the oil in oregano extracts did the same. Or was this caprylic acid and isolated chemicals ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

very interesting result, i would have thought the oil in oregano extracts did the same. Or was this caprylic acid and isolated chemicals ?
The same as what? The whole stack or eugenol?

rei

Oregano oil containing short chained fatty acids that dissolved the membrane same as caprylic acid. I have only skimmed through the fulltext and the metods are not clear to me yet.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Oregano oil containing short chained fatty acids that dissolved the membrane same as caprylic acid. I have only skimmed through the fulltext and the metods are not clear to me yet.
I'm not sure about oregano oil ,other than it also has anti-microbial effects .

Btw since starting this thread I've been taking caprylic acid everyday . And it's one if the few things that gives me reliably better gut health and has no side effects. It's not super strong so I might combine it with clove oil and/or thyme oil next .

Makrosky

Rotating these antimicrobial/fungal compounds would be good to prevent resistance.

Like one week Caprylic acid + Oregano oil
Another week Raw garlic + Clove oil
Another week Antibiotic + Nystatin
Repeat

Or some sorts of combination like this.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Rotating these antimicrobial/fungal compounds would be good to prevent resistance.

Like one week Caprylic acid + Oregano oil
Another week Raw garlic + Clove oil
Another week Antibiotic + Nystatin
Repeat

Or some sorts of combination like this.
I dont know if organism cam become resistant to biofilm/membrane disruption...
There is such a thing is antifungal resistance, but it I only read about it for drugs like fluconazole, which have a totally differen MoA ,namely inhibition of ergosterol of the fungus .
This study shows that essential oils are still effective against fungi when they're resistant to common anti-fungals.

Plus if you'd divide them like this you loose some of the synergistic effects . As CA+ thyme oil + clove oil should be quite a bit better than only CA+ thyme oil /clove oil , as thyme oil+CA share a synergism AND thyme oil + clove oil .

Makrosky

I dont know if organism cam become resistant to biofilm/membrane disruption...
There is such a thing is antifungal resistance, but it I only read about it for drugs like fluconazole, which have a totally differen MoA ,namely inhibition of ergosterol of the fungus .
This study shows that essential oils are still effective against fungi when they're resistant to common anti-fungals.

Plus if you'd divide them like this you loose some of the synergistic effects . As CA+ thyme oil + clove oil should be quite a bit better than only CA+ thyme oil /clove oil , as thyme oil+CA share a synergism AND thyme oil + clove oil .
I see. Very good points. I have been checking products on amazon.de and they don't list the ammount of eugenol x drop that is a bummer considering the concerns about too much eugenol being bad for testicles.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I see. Very good points. I have been checking products on amazon.de and they don't list the ammount of eugenol x drop that is a bummer considering the concerns about too much eugenol being bad for testicles.
Why don't you just assume maximum eugenol content and then go from there? If one drop is 50mg and it contains 90% ethanol, which is the maximum concentration, then you get at most 45mg per drop, which is still in line with the recommendation.
Do you know if in that study they applied it topically or orally ?

I quoted a study showing that rats tolerated an HED of 400-500mg just fine, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Makrosky

Why don't you just assume maximum eugenol content and then go from there? If one drop is 50mg and it contains 90% ethanol, which is the maximum concentration, then you get at most 45mg per drop, which is still in line with the recommendation.
Do you know if in that study they applied it topically or orally ?

I quoted a study showing that rats tolerated an HED of 400-500mg just fine, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Very good points. Thanks man. I am going to try it soon. Gotta finish testing properly black cumin seeds which they seem to work very well.

yerrag

Nice.

A gotcha with eugenol is to not take mb or other MAO Inhibitors together with it. I made that mistake recently. My sense of balance was reduced, an eye got red, and I had a swollen left ankle, which thinking about it must be an extended effect. of the eugenol, which also acts like an anesthetic (as used by dentists). I also had a momentary paralysed feeling on the left side of my body, where I was. dragging my feet as I walked.

The eugenol was delivered by inhalation therapy using a cold diffuser that allows me to inhale aerosols of clove oil at night as I slept.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Nice.

A gotcha with eugenol is to not take mb or other MAO Inhibitors together with it. I made that mistake recently. My sense of balance was reduced, an eye got red, and I had a swollen left ankle, which thinking about it must be an extended effect. of the eugenol, which also acts like an anesthetic (as used by dentists). I also had a momentary paralysed feeling on the left side of my body, where I was. dragging my feet as I walked.

The eugenol was delivered by inhalation therapy using a cold diffuser that allows me to inhale aerosols of clove oil at night as I slept.
That would imply that eugenol is serotonergic or ar least also an MAO inhibitor ?

I haven't read that about it. But it seems to have opposite in low vs. high dosages.

yerrag

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Hopewell Essential Oil - Clove Essential Oil | Joints, Mouth Sores, Oral Health, Lymph System, Warts :

Tisserand notes that "since eugenol significantly inhibits human MAO-A (Tao et al 2005), oral doses of eugenol-rich essential oils may interact with pethidine, indirect sympathomimetics, MAOIs or SSRIs."

Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK 2nd Edition 2014, pages 62, 117, 254-256.
Thanks for this . That's the first thing I read about eugenol that's really a downside, as Mao- a mostly breaks down serotonin .

yerrag

Thanks for this . That's the first thing I read about eugenol that's really a downside, as Mao- a mostly breaks down serotonin .
You're welcome. I learned the hard way. Good thing I was just using the EOs of clove and cinnamon bark sporadically. When I began to drag my left foot, I thought I had suffered a stroke. Glad it was just the eugenol and its numbing effect at work.

Last edited:

Pdohlen

1624259816743.png
Chevre thyme sourdough baguette

JacobG

I would not consume thymol as it disrupts the blood brain barrier at 20mg/kg (in rats). In the study the "NOEL" was at 10mg/kg -> ADI around 0.1mg/kg/day. So for a 70kg human that is just 7mg a day which is maybe safe. That is probably not enough to do anything against a fungal infection.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom