Caprylic acid and Thymol very effective against Candida albicans

Mauritio

This study shows that caprylic acid combined with thymol and or carvacrol is very effective against Candida albicans .

In isolation there was a reduction in candida cells 0,6 log CFU/ml ,but combined the reduction was at least 6,8log CFU/ml.

The MoA is a 2 step process. First caprylic acid destroys the cell membrane and then the anti-fungal (thymol,carvacrol ,etc.) destroys the pathogen .

Given this MoA it should work with every other anti-fungal as well .
Now I don't know if they used thymol or carvacrol or both together ,but they have similar properties, so I dont think it matters too much .

I looked online to find thymol and I only found thymol or thyme oil (of which a third is thymol) as an essential oil .
Now I am not sure if it's safe to consume essential oils. I have found conflicting information on it .
Has anybody any info on that ?
Normally its just thyme oil as the only ingredient in those essential oils, but its very, very concentrated ,so I think that makes it unsafe as you can easily ingest too much or burn your throat if ingested . But if that's the only downside, I'd be willing to try it.

"Whereas the maximum reduction by individual treatments was 0.6 log CFU/ml, CA + CAR/THM (all 1.5 mM) eliminated all pathogens (> 6.8 log reduction) after 1 min at 37°C and after 10 min at 22°C. The flow cytometry results showed that exposure to CA damaged the membranes in 15.7-36.5% of cells and inhibited efflux pumps in 15.4-31.3% of cells. Treatments with CAR/THM slightly affected cell membranes (in 1.8-6.9% of cells) but damaged efflux pumps in 14.4-29.6% of cells. However, the combined treatments clearly disrupted membranes (> 83.1% of cells) and pumps (> 95.0% of cells). The mechanism of this synergism may involve membrane damage by CA, which facilitates the entry of antifungals into the cytoplasm, and the inhibition of efflux pumps by CA, CAR or THM, causing their accumulation within cells and, leading to cell death."

I know you can get a Candida Complex containing Caprylic Acid and Oregano Leaf

Mauritio

I know you can get a Candida Complex containing Caprylic Acid and Oregano Leaf
Yeah I also thought about combining caprylic acid with oil of oregano capsules ,but I think I'll use the thymol .
I'll try the caprylic acid on its own for a few days ,because theres quite a few reviews online that caprylic acid helped people a lot with getting rid of candida .

Yeah I also thought about combining caprylic acid with oil of oregano capsules ,but I think I'll use the thymol .
I'll try the caprylic acid on its own for a few days ,because theres quite a few reviews online that caprylic acid helped people a lot with getting rid of candida .
A lot of people use Caprylic Acid in Coffee, Keto diet if you will. It's definitely anti-viral as it has an astringent feel in the throat. C8 MCT oil :):

Mauritio

A lot of people use Caprylic Acid in Coffee, Keto diet if you will. It's definitely anti-viral as it has an astringent feel in the throat. C8 MCT oil :):
Did you try caprylic acid? If so , how did it feel?

Did you try caprylic acid? If so , how did it feel?
Yeah I did, feels like a clean energy buzz first thing in the Morning, sometimes in Coffee when I was trying out low carb, mistake I know. Those were the days I was doing a lot of Cardio as well. Caprylic acid IIRC doesn't need to go through the liver, instant use and energy therefore. MCT C8 looks exactly like water, and is nearly as thin.
This one >Premium Pure C8 MCT Oil | Boosts Ketones 3X More Than Other MCTs | Highest 99.8% Purity | Vegan & Keto Friendly | Gluten & Dariy Free | BPA-Free 1000ml Plastic Bottle | Caprylic Acid | Ketosource®: Maxedbuy.co.uk

Mauritio

Yeah I did, feels like a clean energy buzz first thing in the Morning, sometimes in Coffee when I was trying out low carb, mistake I know. Those were the days I was doing a lot of Cardio as well. Caprylic acid IIRC doesn't need to go through the liver, instant use and energy therefore. MCT C8 looks exactly like water, and is nearly as thin.
This one >Premium Pure C8 MCT Oil | Boosts Ketones 3X More Than Other MCTs | Highest 99.8% Purity | Vegan & Keto Friendly | Gluten & Dariy Free | BPA-Free 1000ml Plastic Bottle | Caprylic Acid | Ketosource®: Maxedbuy.co.uk
Thanks, but I'll try the normal capsules first . Have heard a lot of good things about them.

Thanks, but I'll try the normal capsules first . Have heard a lot of good things about them.
Excellent study! Thanks so much for sharing!
As far as the corn oil - here is something I posted about it years ago.
PUFA Are Carcinogenic, Dietary Glycine Blocks Their Effect

Isn't it amazing how the authors of that study kept openly calling corn oil "tumor pormoter" (as if it is a widely known fact) yet most doctors will literally order you to replace your butter "addiction" with Mazola Oil??
I think the MCT in coconut oil have the strongest antibacterial effect and as such are probably the most hepatoprotective. The studies on reversing cirrhosis with butter and MCT showed the MCT to be more effective. In fact, the MCT oil not only reversed the cirrhosis but prevents any future development despite the rats being raging alcoholics and continuing to drink alcohol in amounts similar to their normal daily water intake. I think we have a thread on that topic somewhere on the forum but I can't find it using my phone right now.
Might be of interest.