Aspirin As An Antifungal Drug, Even Against Candida

Interactome

I like the Syntol.
I don't know about the "permanently alter" aspect.
It may be true that Candida causes an alkaline environment--not sure.
What I've read is that it likes and alkaline environment,
so yes, it makes sense that anything one does to make the gut more alkaline might cause problems
in terms of yeast/fungi.
The visible veins thing...
I'd had that--still do somewhat, especially on the back of my hands.
I've read here on the forum somewhere in the past
that Peat sees this as...what?...I think he sees it as too much estrogen/serotonin.

I also got the Prescript Assist which I've started taking. I'm gonna order a few extra uBiome kits and see if anything changes after I take the Prescript Assist and the Syntol.

I wonder how much biofilms are confused with antibiotic resistance ..

I also have some Serrapeptase and Nattokinase. But it probably doesn't help if I break up some biofilm, kill of a bunch of stuff, and then feed the rest and they multiply again. Then we're in the same place.

And I get very strange symptoms from MB and Aspirin (and Niacinamide), so I dare not touch them again right now.

I've also bought some Cypro that I wanna start experimenting with. Maybe that can help with some of the Serotonin?

Interactome

I thought the main mechanism is chronically high cortisol, thinning the skin.

In my case it's not thinning of the skin. The veins got larger during a period of increased thirst over the course of a few months. Some sort of systemic irritation which I'm beginning to think as a sort of candida or other fungal overgrowth releasing massive amounts of vein irritating or blood flow disruptors. I don't know what crazy stuff Candida can do. But I don't know if it's Candida yet.

zooma

In my case it's not thinning of the skin. The veins got larger during a period of increased thirst over the course of a few months. Some sort of systemic irritation which I'm beginning to think as a sort of candida or other fungal overgrowth releasing massive amounts of vein irritating or blood flow disruptors. I don't know what crazy stuff Candida can do. But I don't know if it's Candida yet.

Ah, okay. RP has said that nitric oxide enlarges veins and makes them pop out. Bodybuilders know this and look to increase it for that reason. I have no idea if this is the only mechanism though.

Giraffe

Lysine enhances the effect of amphotericin B against Candida albicans in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI

"In the present study, we demonstrated that lysine, an essential amino acid, could enhance the effect of AmB against Candida albicans in vitro, although lysine itself did not exert a fungicidal effect. In addition, the combination of AmB with lysine could provide an enhanced action against Candida parapsilosis and Cryptococcus neoformans compared with AmB alone. Lysine could also enhance the antifungal effect of caspofungin or nystatin. An enhanced effect of the combination of lysine with AmB was observed for the prevention of biofilm and hypha formation. Furthermore, our results demonstrated that lysine-mediated oxidative damage, such as the generation of endogenous reactive oxygen species, may be the mechanism underlying the enhancing effect of lysine on AmB."

I wonder if lysine would also enhance the effect of niacinamide or aspirin. So could you get the result with a lower dose?

There is a product on the market that combines ibuprofen and lysine to be used as a pain killer. According to the manufacturer this combo acts faster and for some people the effect lasts longer than ibuprofen alone.

Do you get a higher concentration if you combine the active substance with lysine?

tomisonbottom

Is there any way to really know this?
This is the thing that drives me crazy about Candida:
there doesn't really seem to be a test that is generally accepted which can prove you "have Candida."
By "have Candida" what I mean is
that one has widespread symptoms (backache, bad poops, bad libido, tongue coating, etc) beyond just the gut,
although the gut seems to be the center/cause.

There are several pretty expensive tests one can get,
but seems to me the bottom line is
if I brought them back here, say, and posted the results and they were positive...
still wouldn't prove I "have Candida."

I just decided diagnosis by treatment would be cheaper and more credible as "proof."
thebigpeatowski repeatedly knocked out her symptoms with Nystatin.
I've used the candida killing yeast S. boulardii with strong positive results.
Same with a brief dosing of Nystatin.
Hard for me to see this as not pointing to a fungal problem.

Did you try the aspirin at 3grams for a few days? If so, did it get rid of "candida"?

tomisonbottom

I did this aspirin experiment for 6 days to clean candida off. I can only held it for 6 days and the last time I took aspirin it hurts the abdominal so bad so I quit.

Basically it was 3g aspirin + 1.5g glycine + lots of vitamin K, split into 3 times daily.

Are you saying the aspirin helped, but hurt your stomach? Or didn't help at all?

Potential Antifungal Targets against a Candida Biofilm Based on an Enzyme in the Arachidonic Acid Cascade-A Review.

Candida is an important opportunistic fungal pathogen, especially in biofilm associated infections. The formation of a Candida biofilm can decrease Candida sensitivity to antifungal drugs and cause drug resistance. Although many effective antifungal drugs are available, their applications are limited due to their high toxicity and cost. Seeking new antifungal agents that are effective against biofilm-associated infection is an urgent need. Many research efforts are underway, and some progress has been made in this field. It has been shown that the arachidonic acid cascade plays an important role in fungal morphogenesis and pathogenicity. Notably, prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) can promote the formation of a Candida biofilm. Recently, the inhibition of PGE2 has received much attention. Studies have shown that cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and indomethacin, combined with fluconazole can significantly reduce Candida adhesion and biofilm development and increase fluconazole susceptibility; the MIC of fluconazole can be decrease from 64 to 2 μg/ml when used incombination with ibuprofen. In addition, in vivo studies have also confirmed the antifungal activities of these inhibitors. In this article, we mainly review the relationship between PGE2 and Candida biofilm, summarize the antifungal activities of COX inhibitors and analyze the possible antifungal activity of microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 (MPGES-1) inhibitors; additionally, other factors that influence PGE2production are also discussed. Hopefully this review can disclose potential antifungal targets based on the arachidonic acid cascade and provide a prevailing strategy to alleviate Candida albicans biofilm formation.
Potential Antifungal Targets against a Candida Biofilm Based on an Enzyme in the Arachidonic Acid Cascade-A Review. - PubMed - NCBI

CLASH

Cinnamon oil + oregano oil in a coconut oil base for pretty much everything microbe related. I have used this myself.

To deal with candida in the gut I used the above in an enema and took coconut oil, some vinegar, carrots and nystatin with my meals. Bromelain destroys candida as well. If theres a bacterial issue in the small intestine, which I had, i used rifaximin with the combination orally.

If that doesnt clear you out; ostomy ;)

Mauritio

Is the one single dose or does this has to be taken longer to maintain results ?
Also should it be taken on an empty stomach ?

Sam321

If someone has a Candida infection in their colon then there have to be fecal biomarkers that are reliable. I have also heard about a urine test for tartaric acid, which apparently is 100% specific for Candida. If the antifungal helps then I am surprised the doctor is not interested in doing some follow up. Having fungal overgrowth in the intestines is not a fun matter so most doctors take it seriously if there is an indication of overgrowth.
Genova Diagnostics has a stool test for candida and a urine test the tests for candida sp via D-arabinitol and then d-lactate for acidophilus. P cool.

metamorph

How about for other fungal infections that exacerbate dermatitis. Would asprin, niacinamide, and MB be a good remedy for all things antifungal?

frannybananny

Is there any way to really know this?
This is the thing that drives me crazy about Candida:
there doesn't really seem to be a test that is generally accepted which can prove you "have Candida."
By "have Candida" what I mean is
that one has widespread symptoms (backache, bad poops, bad libido, tongue coating, etc) beyond just the gut,
although the gut seems to be the center/cause.

There are several pretty expensive tests one can get,
but seems to me the bottom line is
if I brought them back here, say, and posted the results and they were positive...
still wouldn't prove I "have Candida."

I just decided diagnosis by treatment would be cheaper and more credible as "proof."
thebigpeatowski repeatedly knocked out her symptoms with Nystatin.
I've used the candida killing yeast S. boulardii with strong positive results.
Same with a brief dosing of Nystatin.
Hard for me to see this as not pointing to a fungal problem.
If you were a woman with a vagina you would definitely know when you have an overgrowth of candida!!! (And Dr. Peat also would realize that candida is not a hoax. ;) I have recently read that Nigella Sativa oil is a natural anti-fungal so I will be adding that to my protocol and use aspirin instead of ibuprofen. Thanks for the info!