Lidocaine Is Anti-bacterial And Anti-fungal, Synergistic With Aspirin And Anti-biotics

Mauritio

This study tests the anti-bacterial effect of Lidocaine and Aspirin . They had good antibiotic effects against all 10 tested bacteria ( in the first study)
Here is a list of pathogens that lidocaine is effective against ( from the last study):
C. albicans, E. coli,E. faecalis,H. influenzae, MRSA ,P. aeruginosa ,S. aureus,S. epidermidis ,C.pneumoniae, Bacillus spp., B. subtilis, B. catarrhalis, B. cepacia, Candida spp., Corynebacterium spp., Enterobacter spp., K. pneumoniae, Micrococcus spp., M. osloensis

Since the first days of taking lidocaine I experienced a strong anti-bacterial effect ,comparable to @haidut s camphosal ,but stronger.
Interestingly this study tested both substances and found that they have a synergistic effect in killing bacteria ,since they have a slightly different mechanism of action .
"It should be stressed that although both LH and AcSAL depolarized membrane potential, the manner of depolarization appeared to be different. The generation of membrane potential in inverted membrane vesicles was not affected by the pretreatment of vesicles with LH. In contrast, pretreatment of vesicles with AcSAL completely abolished the NADH-induced membrane potential."

This calls for an experiement of combingin lidocaine and camphosal,maybe even with an antibiotic... they write that these anesthetics (lidcocaine,procaine,...) are synergistic with common anti-bacteria and make it more easy for the antibiotics to kill them:
"...these anesthetics make the outer membrane of E. coli permeable to antibiotics (13)."

"However, they facilitated the entry of the antibiotics novobiocin and erythromycin, which otherwise penetrate intact E. coil cells very poorly through the OmpF porin (13). Contrary to previous observations, the present study showed that LH and AcSAL at sub-MIC concentrations permeabilized the hydrophobic antibiotics novobiocin and nalidixic acid and sensitized bacteria to these drugs."

They also write that aspirin causes resistanace to antibiotics like tetracycline at low doses . I havent heard about that before:
"At low concentrations ( < 1/20 MIC), salicylate, AcSAL, and other membrane-permeable weak acids have been shown to induce phenotypic resistance of E. coli to various antibiotics, such as nalidixic acid, tetracycline, and several cephalosporins (20)."
Error - Cookies Turned Off

Another study about lidocains anti-bacterial properties:

"The authors characterized the in vitro antibacterial properties of clinical doses of lidocaine on isolates of a variety of bacterial pathogens commonly encountered in the setting of nosocomial wound infection (Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Staphylococcus aureus) as well as a number of resistant strains of methicillin-resistant S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant enterococci. Time-kill studies were carried out on bacteria exposed to various clinical concentrations of lidocaine (0%, 1%, 2%, and 4%) with and without epinephrine (1:100,000). Minimum inhibitory concentrations and minimum bactericidal concentrations were determined for some strains using a broth macrodilution method recommended by the National Committee of Clinical Laboratory Standards. Lidocaine demonstrated a dose-dependent inhibition of growth for all strains of bacteria tested. The greatest sensitivity to lidocaine was shown by gram-negative organisms; the least sensitive was S. aureus. The addition of epinephrine to the local anesthetic had no effect on the susceptibility of the bacteria to lidocaine. These observations suggest that the surgical benefit of local anesthesia may extend beyond its analgesic properties and may have a role in the prophylaxis and, in the case of methicillin- and vancomycin-resistant bacteria, the treatment of surgical wound infection, mandating a wider application of this modality.
Antimicrobial activity of lidocaine against bacteria associated with nosocomial wound infection. - PubMed - NCBI

Another study showing that lidocaine does not also have anti-bacterial , but also anti-fungal action. And is one of the most effective anesthetics in its antagonism:
"Evidence suggests that local anesthetics as a class possess inherent antimicrobial properties against a wide spectrum of human pathogens. Multiple local anesthetics at concentrations typically used in the clinical setting (e.g., bupivacaine 0.125%–0.75%; lidocaine 1%–3%) inhibit the growth of numerous bacteria and fungi under various conditions. Different local anesthetics showed various degrees of antimicrobial capacity; bupivacaine and lidocaine, for example, inhibit growth to a significantly greater extent than does ropivacaine. Greater concentrations, longer exposure, and higher temperature each correlate with a proportional increase in microbial growth inhibition. Addition of other agents to the anesthetic solutions, such as preservatives, opioids, or intravenous anesthetics such as propofol, modify the antimicrobial activity via either synergistic or antagonistic action. Limited studies attribute the mechanism of action of antimicrobial activity of local anesthetics to a disruption of microbial cell membrane permeability, leading to leakage of cellular components and subsequent cell lysis."

"Pina-Vaz et al. [20] evaluated the antifungal activity of benzydamine, lidocaine, and bupivacaine against 20 Candida strains, including C. albicans. The activity of the three drugs was analyzed by viability counts under epifluorescence microscopy. The antifungal activity progressed from fungistatic at lower concentrations, secondary to yeast metabolic impairment, to fungicidal at higher concentrations, secondary to cytoplasmic membrane damage, as evidenced by staining"

http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/phd-iai...hetics_as_antimicrobial_agents__a_review..pdf

@Adrenaline @Peater
@milkboi

Last edited:

Vinny

This study tests the anti-bacterial effect of Lidocaine and Aspirin . They had good antibiotic effects against all 10 tested bacteria ( in the first study)
Here is a list of pathogens that lidocaine is effective against ( from the last study):
C. albicans, E. coli,E. faecalis,H. influenzae, MRSA ,P. aeruginosa ,S. aureus,S. epidermidis ,C.pneumoniae, Bacillus spp., B. subtilis, B. catarrhalis, B. cepacia, Candida spp., Corynebacterium spp., Enterobacter spp., K. pneumoniae, Micrococcus spp., M. osloensis

Since the first days of taking lidocaine I experienced a strong anti-bacterial effect ,comparable to @haidut s camphosal ,but stronger.
Interestingly this study tested both substances and found that they have a synergistic effect in killing bacteria ,since they have a slightly different mechanism of action .
"It should be stressed that although both LH and AcSAL depolarized membrane potential, the manner of depolarization appeared to be different. The generation of membrane potential in inverted membrane vesicles was not affected by the pretreatment of vesicles with LH. In contrast, pretreatment of vesicles with AcSAL completely abolished the NADH-induced membrane potential."

This calls for an experiement of combingin lidocaine and camphosal,maybe even with an antibiotic... they write that these anesthetics (lidcocaine,procaine,...) are synergistic with common anti-bacteria and make it more easy for the antibiotics to kill them:
"...these anesthetics make the outer membrane of E. coli permeable to antibiotics (13)."

"However, they facilitated the entry of the antibiotics novobiocin and erythromycin, which otherwise penetrate intact E. coil cells very poorly through the OmpF porin (13). Contrary to previous observations, the present study showed that LH and AcSAL at sub-MIC concentrations permeabilized the hydrophobic antibiotics novobiocin and nalidixic acid and sensitized bacteria to these drugs."

They also write that aspirin causes resistanace to antibiotics like tetracycline at low doses . I havent heard about that before:
"At low concentrations ( < 1/20 MIC), salicylate, AcSAL, and other membrane-permeable weak acids have been shown to induce phenotypic resistance of E. coli to various antibiotics, such as nalidixic acid, tetracycline, and several cephalosporins (20)."
Error - Cookies Turned Off

Another study about lidocains anti-bacterial properties:

"The authors characterized the in vitro antibacterial properties of clinical doses of lidocaine on isolates of a variety of bacterial pathogens commonly encountered in the setting of nosocomial wound infection (Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Staphylococcus aureus) as well as a number of resistant strains of methicillin-resistant S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant enterococci. Time-kill studies were carried out on bacteria exposed to various clinical concentrations of lidocaine (0%, 1%, 2%, and 4%) with and without epinephrine (1:100,000). Minimum inhibitory concentrations and minimum bactericidal concentrations were determined for some strains using a broth macrodilution method recommended by the National Committee of Clinical Laboratory Standards. Lidocaine demonstrated a dose-dependent inhibition of growth for all strains of bacteria tested. The greatest sensitivity to lidocaine was shown by gram-negative organisms; the least sensitive was S. aureus. The addition of epinephrine to the local anesthetic had no effect on the susceptibility of the bacteria to lidocaine. These observations suggest that the surgical benefit of local anesthesia may extend beyond its analgesic properties and may have a role in the prophylaxis and, in the case of methicillin- and vancomycin-resistant bacteria, the treatment of surgical wound infection, mandating a wider application of this modality.
Antimicrobial activity of lidocaine against bacteria associated with nosocomial wound infection. - PubMed - NCBI

Another study showing that lidocaine does not also have anti-bacterial , but also anti-fungal action. And is one of the most effective anesthetics in its antagonism:
"Evidence suggests that local anesthetics as a class possess inherent antimicrobial properties against a wide spectrum of human pathogens. Multiple local anesthetics at concentrations typically used in the clinical setting (e.g., bupivacaine 0.125%–0.75%; lidocaine 1%–3%) inhibit the growth of numerous bacteria and fungi under various conditions. Different local anesthetics showed various degrees of antimicrobial capacity; bupivacaine and lidocaine, for example, inhibit growth to a significantly greater extent than does ropivacaine. Greater concentrations, longer exposure, and higher temperature each correlate with a proportional increase in microbial growth inhibition. Addition of other agents to the anesthetic solutions, such as preservatives, opioids, or intravenous anesthetics such as propofol, modify the antimicrobial activity via either synergistic or antagonistic action. Limited studies attribute the mechanism of action of antimicrobial activity of local anesthetics to a disruption of microbial cell membrane permeability, leading to leakage of cellular components and subsequent cell lysis."

"Pina-Vaz et al. [20] evaluated the antifungal activity of benzydamine, lidocaine, and bupivacaine against 20 Candida strains, including C. albicans. The activity of the three drugs was analyzed by viability counts under epifluorescence microscopy. The antifungal activity progressed from fungistatic at lower concentrations, secondary to yeast metabolic impairment, to fungicidal at higher concentrations, secondary to cytoplasmic membrane damage, as evidenced by staining"

http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/phd-iai...hetics_as_antimicrobial_agents__a_review..pdf
Cool.
How do we take the stuff and at what dosage? What,s the cheapest and safest way?
Thanks

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I can tell you how I do it. I buy ampules that are ment for injection and are otc in Germany. And I fill a bit of the ampule in a gelatin capsule and swallow it . There's also creams that are effective but mostly contain more fillers.
Peat recommends dosages of 50 to 100mg . I only take a few mgs.

Vinny

I can tell you how I do it. I buy ampules that are ment for injection and are otc in Germany. And I fill a bit of the ampule in a gelatin capsule and swallow it . There's also creams that are effective but mostly contain more fillers.
If it,s OTC there, must probably be the same here. Knock on wood. Thank you.

Peater

I've just boshed the contents of 2x 20mg ampules in a shot glass before bed.

So there's that approach also :D

Inaut

Buy lidocaine hcl and scale it out. Probably the cheapest, easiest way to do it if you have a milligram scale. I’m expecting 25g this week.

I can attest to the benefits of benzocaine atleast topically. My dyshidrotic eczema got so bad recently I was concerned of it getting infected..... 3 days later the sores have healed. I suspect my DE is related to some sort of fungal/histamine issue

Buy lidocaine hcl and scale it out. Probably the cheapest, easiest way to do it if you have a milligram scale. I’m expecting 25g this week.

I can attest to the benefits of benzocaine atleast topically. My dyshidrotic eczema got so bad recently I was concerned of it getting infected..... 3 days later the sores have healed. I suspect my DE is related to some sort of fungal/histamine issue

I just googled dishydrodic eczema and wow, thats what I have and have been dealing with on and off for a few years now. I didn't know what it was but the pictures look almost exactly like what I have. Im interested in lidocaine as well and hoping to try it out one day. For my eczema, Progesterone seems to help. I seem to have histamine issues as well, so I think you might be onto something.

Vinny

Went to the pharmacy yesterday. They had only cream, which was loaded with a lot of stuff except the main ingredient, like propylen glycol for ex., so I thought better not ingest so much shitt orally.
Not sure what to do next... Saw on ebay some sellers offer lidocaine cream or sprays for tatoo/piercing. Should it be ok, providing it doesn,t contain anything else?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Went to the pharmacy yesterday. They had only cream, which was loaded with a lot of stuff except the main ingredient, like propylen glycol for ex., so I thought better not ingest so much shitt orally.
Not sure what to do next... Saw on ebay some sellers offer lidocaine cream or sprays for tatoo/piercing. Should it be ok, providing it doesn,t contain anything else?
I guess it's fine, if it only contains lidocaine hcl and water .

Inaut

Ray told me topical application of lidocaine could lead to systemic benefits. I'd focus there if you can't get a good clean source for oral use.

Inaut

https://www.researchgate.net/public...n_Electrostatic_Properties_of_a_Lipid_Bilayer

The influence of the local anesthetic lidocaine on electrostatic properties of a lipid membrane bilayer was studied by molecular dynamics simulations. The electrostatic dipole potential, charge densities, and orientations of the headgroup angle have been examined in the presence of different amounts of charged or uncharged forms of lidocaine. Important changes in the membrane properties caused by the presence of both forms of lidocaine are presented and discussed. Our simulations have shown that both charged and uncharged lidocaine cause almost the same increase in the electrostatic potential in the middle of the membrane, although for different reasons. The increase, approximately 90 mV for 9 mol % of lidocaine and 220 mV for 28 mol % of lidocaine, is of a size that may affect the functioning of voltage-gated ion channels.

Vinny

Ray told me topical application of lidocaine could lead to systemic benefits. I'd focus there if you can't get a good clean source for oral use.
Interesting! That would make things much easier!

Vinny

https://www.researchgate.net/public...n_Electrostatic_Properties_of_a_Lipid_Bilayer

The influence of the local anesthetic lidocaine on electrostatic properties of a lipid membrane bilayer was studied by molecular dynamics simulations. The electrostatic dipole potential, charge densities, and orientations of the headgroup angle have been examined in the presence of different amounts of charged or uncharged forms of lidocaine. Important changes in the membrane properties caused by the presence of both forms of lidocaine are presented and discussed. Our simulations have shown that both charged and uncharged lidocaine cause almost the same increase in the electrostatic potential in the middle of the membrane, although for different reasons. The increase, approximately 90 mV for 9 mol % of lidocaine and 220 mV for 28 mol % of lidocaine, is of a size that may affect the functioning of voltage-gated ion channels.
This is probably very cool, especially if I knew how to translate it in human language!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

This is probably very cool, especially if I knew how to translate it in human language!
Better electron flow ?

Somebody knows if topical lidocaine hcl in water would absorb or better in ethanol ?

Inaut

It’s soluble in either. Absorption wise though, ethanol is probably better but I don’t know how much of a difference it would make. I really wish Peat would discuss it more... or even @haidut on one of his interviews. I asked DR about it but he didn’t respond

Vinny

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

It’s soluble in either. Absorption wise though, ethanol is probably better but I don’t know how much of a difference it would make. I really wish Peat would discuss it more... or even @haidut on one of his interviews. I asked DR about it but he didn’t respond
That's sad. It's such an underappreciated substance ,dont know why it's not talked about more.
But I seem to build a tolerance to it :/

Inaut

Maybe the tolerance thing is just that you are getting better over time and the effects are more subtle?? Or no??

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Maybe the tolerance thing is just that you are getting better over time and the effects are more subtle?? Or no??
Dont think so as I have lost weight in the first week and seem to gain it back in the second week. It still has an effect but just less in the same dosage maybe I'm saturated with lido in some way ...?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals