Excess iodine exposure acutely increases salivary iodide and antimicrobial hypoiodous acid concentrations in humans

cs3000

Iodine is not iodide, just as chlorine is not chloride.
yeh, iodide is healthier than iodine, as the nutritional form , iodine (e.g found in lugols) isn't good to ingest by the looks of it

Gastric Mucosal Changes Caused by Lugol's Iodine Solution Spray: Endoscopic Features of 64 Cases on Screening Esophagogastroduodenoscopy
51 / 64 people got negative effects on gastric mucosa (fold thickening happens in inflammation / cancer)
1685813324211.png

Sixty-four consecutive patients who underwent EGD for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma screening were included in this study. The records for these patients included gastric mucosa findings before and after Lugol's iodine solution was sprayed
Mucosal changes occurred after Lugol's solution spray totally in 51 patients (80%). Fold thickening was observed in all 51 patients (80%), and a reticular pattern of white lines was found on the surface of the thickened gastric folds found in 28 of the patients (44%).
The gastric mucosa could be affected by Lugol's iodine; the most frequent endoscopic finding of this effect is gastric fold thickening, which should not be misdiagnosed as a severe gastric disease

Free iodine can cause mucosal irritation leading to retrosternal pain and discomfort and can even result in erosions or ulcers in the esophagus and/or the stomach

, but those parts i mentioned before were also about iodide, the oxidative stress study says iodine but they used potassium iodide

all about the balance right , at a certain point with anything it tips overboard & can turn to reverse effects
but short term use of high amount might be worth it to cure something e.g limb ulceration

The last part about coastal populations with very high intake stood out as relevant to me,
when u consider iodide accumulates in gastric region also
1685810538929.png

Last edited:

Makrosky

There's this but it would rely on me being able to accurately weigh and make up a solution.
You don't need to. Take a dropper bottle, fill it with distilled water about 70%. Now keep adding crystals and disolving them until they don't disolve anymore. Keep adding crystals/water depending on if there are undisolved iodide or not. And there you go. Won't be 100% precise but you don't need it to start using it.

Jam

You don't need to. Take a dropper bottle, fill it with distilled water about 70%. Now keep adding crystals and disolving them until they don't disolve anymore. Keep adding crystals/water depending on if there are undisolved iodide or not. And there you go. Won't be 100% precise but you don't need it to start using it.
But this won't be close to being SSKI (super-saturated). To fully saturate distilled water with KI the water needs to be heated close to boiling first, and then KI powder added gradually with vigorous shaking in between. The water may need to be reheated partway through, as the hydration of KI will quickly drop the temperature of the water (it can become quite cold as if it had been refrigerated). Using this procedure, the distilled water needs to be less than 50% of the bottle's volume to avoid overflowing. The lower the T of the water, the less KI it can hold. As Mak mentioned, once it reaches saturation no more KI will dissolve. The reason to heat the water is that it will hold more KI even after it returns to room temperature than if it had not been heated.

Anything less than 1g KI per ml water is not SSKI. Just sayin' :)

Last edited:

Jam

Just to add, SSKI (super-satured) has additional properties vs. KI+water beyond just the higher KI concentration, IMO. Don't ask me to elaborate though, as it is subjective and nothing I can prove, although IIRC there may be something in the literature, I'd have to look.

Makrosky

But this won't be close to being SSKI (super-saturated). To fully saturate distilled water with KI the water needs to be heated close to boiling first, and then KI powder added gradually with vigorous shaking in between. The water may need to be reheated partway through, as the hydration of KI will quickly drop the temperature of the water (it can become quite cold as if it had been refrigerated). Using this procedure, the distilled water needs to be less than 50% of the bottle's volume to avoid overflowing. The lower the T of the water, the less KI it can hold. As Mak mentioned, once it reaches saturation no more KI will dissolve. The reason to heat the water is that it will hold more KI even after it returns to room temperature than if it had not been heated.

Anything less than 1g KI per ml water is not SSKI. Just sayin' :)
Oh. Thank you. I was completely unaware of this.

Just to add, SSKI (super-satured) has additional properties vs. KI+water beyond just the higher KI concentration, IMO. Don't ask me to elaborate though, as it is subjective and nothing I can prove, although IIRC there may be something in the literature, I'd have to look.
Oh, it can be. Maybe the temperature or the higher concentration changes something in the chemical structure or energy field or whatever. You probably know about using magnets on the iodine, it changes its properties also. So I believe it.

rzero

Iodine is not iodide, just as chlorine is not chloride.
Would you recommend against using something like Lugol's?

What are everyone's thoughts on iodine vs. potassium iodide?

S.Holmes

I'm experimenting with very large (nearly a gram) doses of Lugols (long covid). Iodine doctors have said people with cancer may need several grams daily so not sure about this study. No time to read the study, but could be that the small amount of iodine being applied, not ingested, is causing bromide and fluoride to be excreted from the mucus membranes, which might be causing some damage.

Iodine experimenters on Curezone say you have to get to the therapeutic doses, 200 mg and up into grams to get good results.

I'm doing some uncomfortable retracing, but so far so good!

Ras

I believe the two will affect different people in various ways, so experimentation is necessary. My body prefers potassium iodide.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom