Fulvic Acid (FA) more potent than conventional antifungals against planktonic Candida Albicans

Candeias

Carbohydrate Derived Fulvic Acid: An in vitro Investigation of a Novel Membrane Active Antiseptic Agent Against Candida albicans Biofilms

"All planktonic C. albicans isolates tested were susceptible to all four antifungal drugs, with MIC90 for CHD-FA, VRZ, AMB, and CSP of 0.125% and 0.125 mg/l, respectively (Table (Table1).1). MIC50 and MIC90 refer to the MICs of ≥50/90% of isolates inhibited by each antifungal, respectively. When the sessile activity of each compound was compared to planktonic cells in terms of MIC90 fold change, CHD-FA was the most effective (2×), followed by caspofungin (4×), amphotericin B (64×) and voriconazole (>2048×). Both planktonic and sessile cells showed comparable MIC’s for all 50 strains tested.

The biofilm rate of kill of CHD-FA was assessed, where dose and time dependent killing was observed. Greater killing was observed after 1, 2, and 4 h at 4 × SMIC50 in comparison to 1 and 2 × SMIC50 where a decrease in viability of 65 and 89% was observed. After 24 h treatment no differences were observed between each concentration, with an approximate final 92% kill. When each antifungal was compared at 4 × SMIC50 then CHD-FA displayed the quickest killing compared in ascending order to AMB, VRZ and CSP, which after 2 h was 89, 61, 18, and −2%, respectively"

I read many positive anecdotal reports on forums on Fulvic Acid, is anyone an expert on this?

Last edited:

Inaut

Carbohydrate Derived Fulvic Acid: An in vitro Investigation of a Novel Membrane Active Antiseptic Agent Against Candida albicans Biofilms

"All planktonic C. albicans isolates tested were susceptible to all four antifungal drugs, with MIC90 for CHD-FA, VRZ, AMB, and CSP of 0.125% and 0.125 mg/l, respectively (Table (Table1).1). MIC50 and MIC90 refer to the MICs of ≥50/90% of isolates inhibited by each antifungal, respectively. When the sessile activity of each compound was compared to planktonic cells in terms of MIC90 fold change, CHD-FA was the most effective (2×), followed by caspofungin (4×), amphotericin B (64×) and voriconazole (>2048×). Both planktonic and sessile cells showed comparable MIC’s for all 50 strains tested.

The biofilm rate of kill of CHD-FA was assessed, where dose and time dependent killing was observed. Greater killing was observed after 1, 2, and 4 h at 4 × SMIC50 in comparison to 1 and 2 × SMIC50 where a decrease in viability of 65 and 89% was observed. After 24 h treatment no differences were observed between each concentration, with an approximate final 92% kill. When each antifungal was compared at 4 × SMIC50 then CHD-FA displayed the quickest killing compared in ascending order to AMB, VRZ and CSP, which after 2 h was 89, 61, 18, and −2%, respectively"

I read many positive anecdotal reports on forums on Fulvic Acid, is anyone an expert on this here?
Far from an expert but I've always like shilajit because of the fulvic acid content.

OP
Candeias

Candeias

Far from an expert but I've always like shilajit because of the fulvic acid content.

Judging by the number of years registered here and the number of messages I would say yes :cool:

OP
Candeias

Candeias

Fulvic acid in combination with fluconazole or amphotericin b for the treatment of fungal infections

"SUMMARY
° CHD-FA is equally effective as an antifungal agent in vitro whether examined at it's native pH of 2.1 or buffered to pH7.0.
• CHD-FA inhibits the growth of Candida albicans, Candida tropicalis, Candida parapsilosis and Candida /cruse/ when used as a 0.5% in vitro.
' CHD-FA inhibits the growth of Candida glabrata when used as a 1% solution.
• The combination of 1 % CHD-FA with fluconazole (0.25-128mg/l) inhibits the growth of all Candida isolates tested.
• CHD-FA is highly effective against strains of C. krusei that are intrinsically resistant to fluconazole."

Shilajit gives me low T symptoms and ED. I've tried everything from the Himalayan stuff, to the PrimaVie extract and similar Shilajit extracts and i got the same result every time, so i am always confused when i see people recommend it for higher free T. It doesn't feel at all androgenic to me the way Sodium Tetraborate does for instance. I've also tried Fulvic Acid in the past from other sources and haven't noticed it do much of anything

TheSir

Fulvic acid & shilajit are quite high in heavy metals. Potentially risky to toy around with them.

Ras

Fulvic acid & shilajit are quite high in heavy metals. Potentially risky to toy around with them.
They can be, but are they all contaminated, necessarily? PrimaVie is certified safe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom