Niacinamide Is A Potent Antifungal Effective Against Candida

bruschi11

B3 helps remove Candida cuz it gives histidine which is needed for both zinc and copper to work. Zinc/ cu balance and overall body chemistry is how to stay fungal free.

GenericName86

B3 helps remove Candida cuz it gives histidine which is needed for both zinc and copper to work. Zinc/ cu balance and overall body chemistry is how to stay fungal free.
B3 by itself can increase histidine? Also B3 as in only niacinamide or niacin form as well? I think I've read niacin can lower copper

bruschi11

B3 by itself can increase histidine? Also B3 as in only niacinamide or niacin form as well? I think I've read niacin can lower copper

It can lower copper by using it. By pushing histidine you’re gonna use copper and that’s gonna lower it.

B3 needs help. B2 folate, atp to make histidine.

SamYo123

Are there any precautions someone has to take when taking 3grams of niacinamide besides more sugar?
Does it deplete any other b vitamins or nutrients ?
why consume sugar if you have a fungal problem seems like a contradiction, you wanna use nicinamide to remove yeast but consuming sugar that will feed it?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

How is niacinamide "giving" histidine considering it does not contain it? Also, please look at the study. The anti-fungal mechanism they propose is direct, and not related to other factors such as zinc, copper, etc. It may have those effects as well, but the main mechanism is different and direct.

amd

Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels

Methylation, a methyl group-consuming reaction, plays a key role in the degradation (i.e., inactivation) of monoamine neurotransmitters, including catecholamines, serotonin and histamine. Without labile methyl groups, the methylation-mediated degradation cannot take place. Although high niacin (nicotinic acid and nicotinamide) intake, which is very common nowadays, is known to deplete the body's methyl-group pool, its effect on monoamine-neurotransmitter degradation is not well understood.

The aim of this article was to investigate the effect of excess nicotinamide on the levels of plasma serotonin and histamine in healthy subjects. Urine and venous blood samples were collected from nine healthy male volunteers before and after oral loading with 100 mg nicotinamide. Plasma N(1)-methylnicotinamide, urinary N(1)-methyl-2-pyridone-5-carboxamide (2-Py), and plasma betaine levels were measured by using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Plasma concentrations of choline, serotonin and histamine were measured using commercial kits.

The results showed that the plasma N(1)-methylnicotinamide level and the urinary excretion of 2-Py significantly increased after oral loading with 100 mg nicotinamide, which was accompanied with a decrease in the methyl-group donor betaine. Compared with those before nicotinamide load, five-hour postload plasma serotonin and histamine levels significantly increased.

These results suggest that excess nicotinamide can disturb monoamine-neurotransmitter metabolism. These findings may be of significance in understanding the etiology of monoamine-related mental diseases, such as schizophrenia and autism (a neurodevelopmental disorder).

joaquin

Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels

Methylation, a methyl group-consuming reaction, plays a key role in the degradation (i.e., inactivation) of monoamine neurotransmitters, including catecholamines, serotonin and histamine. Without labile methyl groups, the methylation-mediated degradation cannot take place. Although high niacin (nicotinic acid and nicotinamide) intake, which is very common nowadays, is known to deplete the body's methyl-group pool, its effect on monoamine-neurotransmitter degradation is not well understood.

The aim of this article was to investigate the effect of excess nicotinamide on the levels of plasma serotonin and histamine in healthy subjects. Urine and venous blood samples were collected from nine healthy male volunteers before and after oral loading with 100 mg nicotinamide. Plasma N(1)-methylnicotinamide, urinary N(1)-methyl-2-pyridone-5-carboxamide (2-Py), and plasma betaine levels were measured by using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Plasma concentrations of choline, serotonin and histamine were measured using commercial kits.

The results showed that the plasma N(1)-methylnicotinamide level and the urinary excretion of 2-Py significantly increased after oral loading with 100 mg nicotinamide, which was accompanied with a decrease in the methyl-group donor betaine. Compared with those before nicotinamide load, five-hour postload plasma serotonin and histamine levels significantly increased.

These results suggest that excess nicotinamide can disturb monoamine-neurotransmitter metabolism. These findings may be of significance in understanding the etiology of monoamine-related mental diseases, such as schizophrenia and autism (a neurodevelopmental disorder).
Now I'm on the fence about niacinamide. I was taking it regularly for a while and even losing weight while consuming sugar. But then last week someone on here mentioned how it was causing him an histamine response.. and then that is when it dawned on me that since I had been taking niacinamide regularly I had been having a stuffy nose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals