Niacinamide Is A Potent Antifungal Effective Against Candida

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've used the 35mg/1kg two times so far. I've had terrible die off symptoms for the 3 days following the Niacin dose. My question is, if Niacin kills fungus (candida), does it kill off any good bacteria or fungi? My symptoms completely go away after the large dose, but they come back a few days later. How can I stop this viscous cycle? For the next dose, I am making lactobacillus reuteri yogurt and using VSL-3 for probiotics in the trillions range. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST - it has changed my life and given me more hope

Niacin liberates histamine and serotonin, so it could be causing these symptoms. I would use niacinamide and see if it has the same effects.

RobertJM

After doing a carrot salad yesterday I feel a lot better today after having a good soapy bowel movement. The carrot salad I did yesterday had two tablespoons of coconut oil, salt and a splash of ACV.

Interestingly the bowel movement seemed to have a burning sensation as I expelled it (sorry to be graphic). And now, a few hours later, I feel a lot better and even my libido is back high today (which I haven’t had in a long long time, believe me).

This is the first carrot salad I have done in maybe ten months. And thinking back (the best I can), I would say I’ve only had perhaps 2 or 3 carrot salads in the last 12-15 months.

Has anyone ever put niacinamide and/or methylene blue into a carrot salad? Because of what I’ve experienced today with the carrot/coconut oil combination, it’s made me wonder what effects I can get from chronic use of the carrot salad accompanied by niacinamide and/or MB. Or any other anti-fungal compounds. Or would this be a Peat ‘no’, do people think? I appreciate it would make for an even funkier tasting carrot salad.

Last edited:

Fitbitz

I'm not sure I understand what the correct dose of Niacinamide accordng to this study is. I see 35mg, but that's a very low dose. I see one person took 1.5 g and and another 3.5 g. What is the correct dose?

@Fitbitz according to the original post "The human equivalent dose was 35mg/kg and it was administered only once.". So 35mg multiplied by the person's weight (for example for someone weighing 85kg it'd be just under 3000mg).

Mauritio

Mauritio

Bump

J

jb116

Effect of Nicotinamide Against Candida albicans

Can some find out the concentration HED for this one ?
Especially the mouse part . My calculations result in a HED of 30-40 g ?! I hope I made mistake somewhere...
Because the study used mmol, we need some conversion first before calculating HED.
So I'll use the 3.28 mmol calculating for an average adult male ~80 kg.
3.28 mmol/kg: 3.28 x 159.69 = 523.7832
Continue with HED: 523.7832 x .0162 = 84.8528784
84.8528784/2 = 42.4264392
42.4264392 x 80kg = 3,394.115136 mg or ~3,400 mg HED

Mauritio

Because the study used mmol, we need some conversion first before calculating HED.
So I'll use the 3.28 mmol calculating for an average adult male ~80 kg.
3.28 mmol/kg: 3.28 x 159.69 = 523.7832
Continue with HED: 523.7832 x .0162 = 84.8528784
84.8528784/2 = 42.4264392
42.4264392 x 80kg = 3,394.115136 mg or ~3,400 mg HED
Wow thanks!
Comes down to almost the same hed as haiduts study for niacinamide as an antifungal .

Mauritio

Are there any precautions someone has to take when taking 3grams of niacinamide besides more sugar?
Does it deplete any other b vitamins or nutrients ?

Mauritio

I have taken 3000mg niacinamide 45 minutes ago
I do feel a little hypoglycemia but considering the dose nothing drastic at all.
I do feel calm and just a little more happy and positive.
Considering that it acts as an anti fungal similar to nystatin I was hoping for some of the gut /metabolism/weight benefits of nystatin,minus the anxiety, but so far I have seen nothing on that front . But it's still early so I will see.
Positive is that I didn't have a bad reaction and crash horribly or feel lethargic or depressed.
Also no detox symptoms or gut rumbling.

Sam321

I misdosed with @haidut Energin. I did 50 drops topically 2 days in a row. Second night I had a horrible reaction that was consistent with Candida die off (I tested positive for C. Albicans in stool test). 2 days later I dropped a larger chunk of biofilms than I have in all 3-4 months of dealing with candida.

After reading through the Energin comments on this forum, I noticed a statement from Georgi saying plasma concentrations topically were likely to be 15-20 times higher than if the same dose was taken orally. I think that would imply I took the equivalent of 1.5-2g of niacinamide "orally". I'm 200lbs so I would need about 3.2g of niacinamide to meet the studies requirements.

Not sure what the deal is but seems likely it killed off some candida.

Explorer

A guy who had 3-4 days of post-orgasmic illness syndrome symptoms of brain fog, weak voice, anxiety, fatigue, depression, gut issues, face bloat, jaw pain, and food/weather sensitivities now has it cured and only feels a bit of fatigue for 10 minutes and can maintain strong erections even after ejaculating many times a day

He started with 3g Niacinamide on empty stomach and then continued 500-1000mg daily combined with prebiotics/Betaine/Potassium to avoid undermethylation + specific diet to not let the candida grow again

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/v85994/i_cured_my_pois/

Explorer

I do feel a little hypoglycemia but considering the dose nothing drastic at all.
Considering that it acts as an anti fungal similar to nystatin I was hoping for some of the gut /metabolism/weight benefits of nystatin,minus the anxiety, but so far I have seen nothing on that front . But it's still early so I will see.
Positive is that I didn't have a bad reaction and crash horribly or feel lethargic or depressed.
A guy cured POIS with 3000mg on empty stomach in the first day and then 500-1000mg continued daily
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/v85994/i_cured_my_pois/

tokimaturi

I forgot to mention this, but years ago I had a fungal infection, probably candida. A mole on my stomach got red and itchy. I went to a dermatologist and made an appointment for a biopsy. But then it started spreading, several small red itchy spots appearing in a line one by one. Then I read a post where @charlie said he tried zero fat diet and had a candida problem but didn't think the two were related. Well, some time before my symptoms started I actually started a short term zero fat diet as well inspired by this post by @haidut PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days! not a good idea at the time with my impaired thyroid function.

Anyway, I took one dose of 2.5g of nicotinamide and 2g of aspirin (Aspirin As An Antifungal Drug, Even Against Candida) (bodyweight about 68kg). Next morning no itchiness. When I had a bowel movement I noticed I had excreted a small piece of white fungus cellulose kind of substance. Cancelled the biopsy. Switched from zero fat to low fat diet. If I remember correctly the redness started to subside visibly in about a week and was completely gone in a month or two. No further symptoms and no repeated dose.

Chad_Catholic

which brand do you use?

Osukhan

Is there any benefits to doing this in the morning or night?? any other things to avoid while on this protocol? thanks in advance

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals