GenericName86

"Vit B2 is one that I've seen lot of serious deficiencies; people with red noses, rosacea, nose bleeds, some mood problems for memory and such. You can’t use oxygen if you’re deficient in Vit B2. But besides the fact that the synthetics are so allergenic for a lot of people, if you take up a very large amount (some of the pills have 50 or 100mg in each tablet), it can reach the level in your skin and your eyes where it sensitizes you to the sunlight. Even blue light will react with riboflavin in your eyes and skin, causing free radical change."

KMUD 2015, Nitrites transcript
-RP

So supplementing with b2 is not a good idea?

Peatogenic

The EDS research folks are so invested in genetic causes, they are not able to contemplate something like a basic vitamin deficiency.

So, I hear nothing. I let them know. That's all I can do.

As someone taking massive amounts, have you determined any possible negative consequences? Like the tumor thing?

GAF

I took this for super long time nearly daily https://www.amazon.com/BioTech-Phar...d_r=WXDJ4DPQRZM8PZ9XT4GH&psc=1&qid=1584059254

Last few months, I have been doing this most days. Skip a day or two here and there for no particular reason. https://www.amazon.com/Swanson-R-5-..._1_1?keywords=r5p&qid=1584059336&s=hpc&sr=1-1

No Tumor that I know of. My eyes are okay and sunlight sensitivity has not changed. I cannot tell a difference in the two types of B2. The effects seem the same. No negative consequences in my body that I know of.

My theory is that yellow B2 is the sunshine vitamin and combining B2 and lots of sunshine on my body is one of nature's ways of cleansing one's blood of junk particles. My attempts to fully test this theory have been frustrated by an inability to make time to lounge around scantily clad in pleasant sunny surroundings day after day after day. I am determined to make the time for this starting after 4/15/2020. The problem with this test is that I don't think it is a one or two day thing. Probably, more like a 2 or 3 month thing. And, if it works, there will probably be some really bad days from the internal purging. All that is hard to fit into my life.

I have been gagging up mucus in 2020 in copious quantities, and with this virus calamity locking down the USA, I desperately need to find a way to make it stop before I am arrested by marshmallow men wearing masks. I plan to start wearing emf blocking clothing daily just in case 5G is a contributor. In Dallas, 5G is everywhere you look.

Mito

Nice post. I actually was just thinking about this, we must be on the same wavelength. I have had some issues with restless leg, which I attributed to endotoxin. My basic protocol, from reading your previous posts, was 1mg MB, 400mg Riboflavin, and a "crap ton" of coconut oil. Works FANTASTICALLY.
This is a pretty old post but do you still use the MB/Riboflavin/coconut oil protocol?

Goat-e

...frustrated by an inability to make time to lounge around scantily clad in pleasant sunny surroundings day after day after day

Story of my life mate.

NewACC

Peat said in one of his interviews that vitamin B2, together with vitamin B1, selenium, vitamin K and CoQ10 are the most important substances for optimal mitochondrial function. I have been researching vitamin B2 and continue to be amazed at how underestimated this nutrient is both in mainstream medicine and in the blogosphere. As many people on the forum know, endotoxin is one of the most important factors involved in suppressing oxidative metabolism and suppressing its production or effects has a host of beneficial effects on overall health and even maximum lifespan. While drugs like methylene blue, mianserin, cyproheptadine, emodin, etc all have their place in the treatment of endotoxemia, vitamin B2 is unique among this group of substances due to its lack of any known side effects. In fact, its safety has earned it a status of food coloring agent that can be used in pretty much any dose the food vendor desires.
These studies below show that vitamin B2, and especially its activated form riboflavin '5 phosphate (R5P), is remarkably effective in inhibiting the systemic effects of endotoxin, including the development of sepsis, as well as other bacterial infections with gram-negative and gram-positive pathogens EVEN after sepsis had already started. In addition, R5P was highly effective in lowering excessive NO production triggered by endotoxin and it seems that adding the amino acid valine greatly enhances the effectiveness of R5P and allows for lower doses to be used to achieve the same effects. Given that riboflavin is a cofactor of the enzyme MAO-A, and that enzyme is inhibited by methylene bue, it looks like the combination of riboflavin and methylene blue can be highly synergistic for issues related to endotoxin and excessive NO synthesis. While the studies did not look into the effects of R5P on serotonin, the role of R5P on MAO-A functionality suggests that some of its beneficial effects on endotoxemia, sepsis and bacterial infections can be at least partly due to its effects of increasing serotonin degradation.
The human equivalent doses were high and given via the IV route. However, oral R5P is very well absorbed and has 90%+ bioavailability, so oral route is also possible. The minimum effective human equivalent oral doses for the combination of R5P and valine were approximately 0.2mg/kg and 25mg/kg respectively. This assumes bioavailability of 90% and 70% for R5P and valine.

Enhancement of resistance to bacterial infection in mice by vitamin B2. - PubMed - NCBI
"...We found that the intramuscular injection of vitamin B2 enhanced host resistance to E. coli infection in a dose-dependent manner (6.25 mg/kg-100 mg/kg). Furthermore, VB2 exhibited the protective activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus, and Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae. The mechanism of action of VB2 for enhancing resistance in mice may be, at least in part, its ability to stimulate the multiplication of neutrophils and monocytes, and to activate macrophages."

Potentiation by amino acid of the therapeutic effect of highly purified vitamin B2 in mice with lipopolysaccharide-induced shock. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Although aminolevane solution showed no improvement in the lipopolysaccharide-induced mortality, the therapeutic effect of vitamin B2 on endotoxin-induced shock was significantly enhanced by this amino acid supplement. Among the amino acid constituents of aminolevane solution, valine was the most effective in combination therapy of vitamin B2. Vitamin B2 diminished the elevations of interleukin-6 and lactic acid, and ameliorated the increased glucose consumption in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated mouse peritoneal macrophages. The rate of glucose utilization in peritoneal macrophages has been used as an index of lipopolysaccharide-induced activation (Ryan et al., 1979). We speculated that vitamin B2 could play a role in normalizing the energy production of macrophages. Lactic acidosis was reported to increase TNF-a production by rat peritoneal macrophages (Jensen et al., 1990). Further, TNF-a-induced excessive interleukin-6 production is well-known to occur, so lactic acidosis might have induced the excessive produc- tion of interleukin-6 observed in our experiment. The survivors had significantly lower initial lactate levels than nonsurvivors, and were able to significantly decrease their lactate levels over the course of their treatment (Morgan and Machiedo, 2002)."

Highly purified vitamin B2 presents a promising therapeutic strategy for sepsis and septic shock. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Vitamin B2 was administered with a bolus injection 6 h after LPS injection. The survival rate of the control group was 10% (2 of 20). At doses of vitamin B2 of 2.5, 5, 10, and 20 mg/kg of body weight, survival levels were 35% (7 of 20), 65% (13 of 20 [P < 0.05]), 90% (18 of 20 [P < 0.05]), and 95% (19 of 20 [P < 0.05]), respectively (Fig. (Fig.1A).1A). Moreover, treatment with vitamin B2 at 20 mg/kg 6 h after LPS injection not only lowered levels of excessive plasma proinflammatory cytokines, including tumor necrosis factor alpha (Fig. (Fig.2A),2A), interleukin-1 beta (IL-1β) (Fig. (Fig.2B),2B), IL-6 (Fig. (Fig.2C),2C), gamma interferon (Fig. (Fig.2D),2D), monocyte chemotactic protein 1 (Fig. (Fig.2E),2E), and macrophage inflammatory protein 2 (Fig. (Fig.2F),2F), but also decreased NO levels (Fig. (Fig.2G2G)"

"...At 6 h after injection of SEB-d-galactosamine, vitamin B2 was administered with a bolus injection. The survival rate of the control group was 0% (0 of 30). The survival rates of the groups treated with vitamin B2 at 2.5, 5, 10, and 20 mg/kg were 3% (1 of 30), 10% (3 of 30), 27% (8 of 30 [P < 0.05]), and 43% (13 of 30 [P < 0.05]), respectively (Fig. (Fig.1B1B). Vitamin B2 was given 24 h before E. coli inoculation (2.07 × 108 CFU). The survival rate of the control group was 8% (2 of 25). The survival rates of the groups treated with vitamin B2 at 2.5, 5, 10, and 20 mg/kg were 20% (5 of 25), 60% (15 of 25 [P < 0.05]), 76% (19 of 25 [P < 0.05]), and 88% (22 of 25 [P < 0.05]), respectively (Fig. (Fig.1C).1C). In addition, vitamin B2 administered at 20 mg/kg 24 h before E. coli inoculation significantly reduced levels of the bacteria in the blood (Fig. (Fig.33)"

"...Vitamin B2 was given with a bolus injection immediately and 1 and 2 days after S. aureus inoculation (1.69 × 108 CFU). The survival rate of the control group was 0% (0 of 30). The survival rates of the groups treated with vitamin B2 at 2.5, 5, 10, and 20 mg/kg were 0% (0 of 29), 30% (9 of 30 [P < 0.05]), 53% (16 of 30 [P < 0.05]), and 50% (15 of 30 [P < 0.05]), respectively (Fig. (Fig.1D1D). Furthermore, we investigated the therapeutic effect of vitamin B2 in long-term intravenous treatment by infusion using an infusion pump (Natsume, Tokyo, Japan). Infusion of vitamin B2 for 6 h (E. coli infection) or 12 h (S. aureus infection) was begun 1 h after inoculation with bacteria. In the E. coli infection experiments, the survival rate of the control group was 0% (0 of 30). Survival rates of the groups treated with vitamin B2 at 5, 10, 20, and 40 mg/kg/6 h were 20% (2 of 10), 30% (3 of 10 [P < 0.05]), 55% (11 of 20 [P < 0.05]), and 70% (7 of 10 [P < 0.05]), respectively (Fig. (Fig.4A).4A). In the S. aureus infection experiments, the survival rate of the control group was 0% (0 of 10) and the survival rates of the groups treated with vitamin B2 at 20, 40, and 80 mg/kg/12 h were 20% (2 of 10), 50% (5 of 10 [P < 0.05]), and 70% (7 of 10 [P < 0.05]), respectively (Fig. (Fig.4B4B)."

"...Infusion of vitamin B2 with or without APC for 6 h was commenced 6 h after LPS or SEB injection. The survival rate of the control group was 0% (0 of 10) for LPS-treated mice. The survival rates of the groups treated with vitamin B2 (10 mg/kg/6 h), APC (75 units/kg/6 h), and vitamin B2 plus APC were 50% (5 of 10 [P < 0.05]), 30% (3 of 10), and 90% (9 of 10 [P < 0.05]), respectively (Fig. (Fig.4C).4C). In SEB-treated mice, the survival rates of the control group and the groups treated with vitamin B2 (20 mg/kg/6 h), APC (300 units/kg/6 h), and vitamin B2 plus APC were 0% (0 of 10), 60% (6 of 10 [P < 0.05]), 40% (4 of 10), and 90% (9 of 10 [P < 0.05]), respectively (Fig. (Fig.4D4D)."

"...Treatment with vitamin B2 lowered the levels of cytokines (4, 10, 11) and NO (12) that are implicated in the pathogenesis of sepsis and likely enhanced the eradication of bacteria. Thus, vitamin B2 may provide an approach for immunotherapy in the treatment of many inflammatory diseases (including systemic inflammatory response syndrome, cachexia, chronic rheumatism, and nephritis) without excessive suppression of the host defense system. Simultaneous administration of vitamin B2 with APC reduced the mortality of endotoxin- and exotoxin-induced shock, suggesting that therapy with vitamin B2 combined with agents having other properties could be an effective approach to treat sepsis. In conclusion, treatment with highly purified vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5′-sodium phosphate; purity > 97%) reduced levels of mortality in mice with septic shock and may be useful for the treatment of patients with sepsis."
Good afternoon @haidut, I don't see any point in your suggestions to increase the activity of MAO A. Although serotonin is broken down mainly by MAO A, it causes very significant oxidative stress and is the main, along with MAO B, dopamine splitter and the main cause of dopamine neurotoxicity in dopamine neurons.

Candeias

Boa tarde @haidut, não vejo sentido em suas sugestões para aumentar a atividade da MAO A. Embora a serotonina seja degradada principalmente pela MAO A, ela causa um estresse oxidativo muito significativo e é o principal, junto com a MAO B, divisor de dopamina e a principal causa de neurotoxicidade da dopamina nos neurônios dopaminérgicos.

sources?

NewACC

This is one of many, and my message was based on generally accepted data - consider it the fact and you can find just the countless other references to the topic of the role of MAO A

exile

Has anyone injected riboflavin or any b vitamins for that matter?

A.R

Has anyone injected riboflavin or any b vitamins for that matter?
I have had bad experiences injecting B vitamins.

Unless you are extremely ill, you should refrain from injecting any sort of B Vitamins, as it is very easy to overdose through this method. B vitamins are usually absorbed fairly easy through oral routes, and it is very easy to control the dose.