supernature

B2 is one of the only vitamin consistently correlated with prostate cancer. I find it interesting that it's a coenzyme for Mao-a since I already posted a study showing mao-a to promote prostate cancer growth, but I didn't know about the link with B2.

One-carbon metabolism and prostate cancer risk: prospective investigation of seven circulating B vitamins and metabolites. - PubMed - NCBI
Choline and B2 are significantly associated with prostate cancer

Not sure what is supposed to be concluded from that study regarding choline, B2 and cancer risk, but as far as i can read from the paper it seems that those nutrients are building up little bit in case of increased need for them with rising health complications.

"In addition to its role in one-carbon metabolism, choline is a precursor for cell membrane phospholipids and is thus required in increased amounts in proliferating cells, including cancer cells. A high dietary choline intake has also been related to reduction in markers of inflammation.

Vitamin B2, acting as a cofactor in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase reaction, also contributes to methyl group availability, but prospective studies of vitamin B2 in cancer have produced equivocal results. The increased risk for subjects with higher vitamin B2 concentrations in the present study is in line with the results for choline and betaine and supports a role for methyl availability in prostate cancer development."

Tarmander

Not sure what is supposed to be concluded from that study regarding choline, B2 and cancer risk, but as far as i can read from the paper it seems that those nutrients are building up little bit in case of increased need for them with rising health complications.

"In addition to its role in one-carbon metabolism, choline is a precursor for cell membrane phospholipids and is thus required in increased amounts in proliferating cells, including cancer cells. A high dietary choline intake has also been related to reduction in markers of inflammation.

Vitamin B2, acting as a cofactor in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase reaction, also contributes to methyl group availability, but prospective studies of vitamin B2 in cancer have produced equivocal results. The increased risk for subjects with higher vitamin B2 concentrations in the present study is in line with the results for choline and betaine and supports a role for methyl availability in prostate cancer development."

I found those studies kind of worthless...the logic is like...more sugar is found in the blood streams of type 2 diabetics, therefore sugar causes type 2 diabetes. Makes about as much sense as saying there are increased amounts of b2 in cancer cases so b2 is causative or something.

supernature

I found those studies kind of worthless...the logic is like...more sugar is found in the blood streams of type 2 diabetics, therefore sugar causes type 2 diabetes. Makes about as much sense as saying there are increased amounts of b2 in cancer cases so b2 is causative or something.

I got same impression of logic, even so they mention what those nutrients are good for as well, with my interpretation reading it backwards so the body demand for those nutrients rises as the burden increases.
Hopefully some in charge dont use those kind of logic from such studies and decide to lower the RDA even more for particular nutrients or decide to take them down in general. Not something that we havent seen already, but yes its easy to be confused of such kind of papers, esp taking into account only the abstracts.

milk_lover

it seems that adding the amino acid valine greatly enhances the effectiveness of R5P and allows for lower doses to be used to achieve the same effects

So would you think adding BCAA with B2 would enhance the effectiveness of B2 against endotoxin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So would you think adding BCAA with B2 would enhance the effectiveness of B2 against endotoxin?

B2 is a cofactor for MAO-A so it may help lower serotonin. BCAA may help do the same, so in a sense both together may help lower the serotonin which endotoxin promotes.

X3CyO

"About 40 years ago I've found that i was having migraine headaches every time i took certains vitamins, especially vit B2, ascorbic acid, and rutin were the most intense for me. And i found that essentially all of the people i talked to with serious allergy problems were taking vitamin supplements. And that when they stopped the supplements, they recovered from their chronic allergy symptoms. So, I'm convinced that, unless it’s a very special situation, it’s better to avoid the supplements, and to chose foods for their high nutrient content."

"Vit B2 is one that I've seen lot of serious deficiencies; people with red noses, rosacea, nose bleeds, some mood problems for memory and such. You can’t use oxygen if you’re deficient in Vit B2. But besides the fact that the synthetics are so allergenic for a lot of people, if you take up a very large amount (some of the pills have 50 or 100mg in each tablet), it can reach the level in your skin and your eyes where it sensitizes you to the sunlight. Even blue light will react with riboflavin in your eyes and skin, causing free radical change."

KMUD 2015, Nitrites transcript
-RP

Just a heads up for people who're experimenting with supps.

Lucenzo01

B vitamins are so important...maybe our weekly dose of liver is not enough. Has anyone tried liver everyday with aspirin to lower iron?

Waynish

"About 40 years ago I've found that i was having migraine headaches every time i took certains vitamins, especially vit B2, ascorbic acid, and rutin were the most intense for me. And i found that essentially all of the people i talked to with serious allergy problems were taking vitamin supplements. And that when they stopped the supplements, they recovered from their chronic allergy symptoms. So, I'm convinced that, unless it’s a very special situation, it’s better to avoid the supplements, and to chose foods for their high nutrient content."

"Vit B2 is one that I've seen lot of serious deficiencies; people with red noses, rosacea, nose bleeds, some mood problems for memory and such. You can’t use oxygen if you’re deficient in Vit B2. But besides the fact that the synthetics are so allergenic for a lot of people, if you take up a very large amount (some of the pills have 50 or 100mg in each tablet), it can reach the level in your skin and your eyes where it sensitizes you to the sunlight. Even blue light will react with riboflavin in your eyes and skin, causing free radical change."

KMUD 2015, Nitrites transcript
-RP

Just a heads up for people who're experimenting with supps.

How do we know energin is free from these issues haidut? Not that I'll stop using it, but it is a good discussion points for optimal supplement design, right?

beta pandemic

last night my nose was very stuffy (very cold in aus right now ) i took 100 mg both thiamine and riboflavin within 10 minutes my nose cleared 90%. pretty cool.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How do we know energin is free from these issues haidut? Not that I'll stop using it, but it is a good discussion points for optimal supplement design, right?

When I gave it to the lab for testing it did not find any leechables or toxic excipients. Not sure what the detection limit is but the fact that there have been almost no reports on allergic reactions to Energin is pretty telling IMO.

gbolduev

B2 is a part of the enzyme xantine oxidase. this enzyme puts iron into blood. When you have cancer with bacterial infection. taking b2 will spread it like you read about. I had it I know. After taking b2 , my tumors trippled. Body inhibits xantine oxidase in case of bacterial infection and cancer, and this lowers MAO, since body goes into met acidosis to fight against bacterial infection, and this requires more adrenaline to compensate this metabolic acidosis, thus MAO is inhibited.

Unfortunately when you have the bacterial infection, body lowers conversion of the b2 into the active form, and this also effects the enzyme AO which breaks down aldehydes( the endotoxins everyone is talking about) And the whole pressure is put on ALDH enzyme to break down aldehydes which is NAD dependant. This is why nicotinamide helps people with bacterial infections.

Do these people make their studies up or something. OR they are trying to kill people on purpose.

Last edited:

gbolduev

Cancer is the state of the body where it managed to get 2 infections. One viral, and one bacterial, thus it cant go one way or another to adjust the PH and this leads for both to grow.

Thus the excellent therapy for cancer would be extremes therapy. Where you put yourself into alkaline and acidic state , many times.

GAF

B2 is a part of the enzyme xantine oxidase. this enzyme puts iron into blood.

Is there any evidence that B2 adds iron into blood indiscriminately or just adds iron to the extent necessary for optimal functioning, in a cancer free context?

gbolduev

Is there any evidence that B2 adds iron into blood indiscriminately or just adds iron to the extent necessary for optimal functioning, in a cancer free context?

If you are infection or cancer free, than adding B2 and increasing xantine oxidase won't do you any harm, ex

If you just eat b2, it will not effect it much , since body wont convert b2 into the active form excessively unless you take huge amounts. But if you do take b2 in an active form. then you bypass the regulation. And it is very popular these days to do it.

L

lollipop

If you are infection or cancer free, than adding B2 and increasing xantine oxidase won't do you any harm, ex

If you just eat b2, it will not effect it much , since body wont convert b2 into the active form excessively unless you take huge amounts. But if you do take b2 in an active form. then you bypass the regulation. And it is very popular these days to do it.
Nice to see you here @gbolduev

L

lollipop

Cancer is the state of the body where it managed to get 2 infections. One viral, and one bacterial, thus it cant go one way or another to adjust the PH and this leads for both to grow.

Thus the excellent therapy for cancer would be extremes therapy. Where you put yourself into alkaline and acidic state , many times.
Interesting @gbolduev. My friend's Mother was cured from cancer by a doctor who believed cancer was a virus and used extremely high doses of antibiotics to kill it. He had a high cure rate. Unfortunately he passed away and those after him could not reproduce his results. Maybe if it was both virus and bacteria, the antibiotics would work on both. If cancer is both, could a viable treatment be a substance that affects both like Artemisinin?

Interesting @gbolduev. My friend's Mother was cured from cancer by a doctor who believed cancer was a virus and used extremely high doses of antibiotics to kill it. He had a high cure rate. Unfortunately he passed away and those after him could not reproduce his results. Maybe if it was both virus and bacteria, the antibiotics would work on both. If cancer is both, could a viable treatment be a substance that affects both like Artemisinin?

Amazing

@haidut there was a case of a girl with medically induced TMAU, an odor condition caused by a malfunctioning liver enzyme, being cured by the application of riboflavin over a year. Ill try and find it. Very interesting.

what active form are you taking about and what is a good brand if one wants to megadose?

GAF

I have been experimenting with huge amounts and the impact has been amazing. I was diagnosed long ago with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and I have a new theory that EDS (hypermobile type) is really just a problem with cellular uptake of B2. If one looks at the "benefits" of B2, one can see the problems in EDS upside down. If this theory has any merit, it could save a whole lot a people a whole lot of pain for a whole lot of years. I sent an email on Friday to the Medical Director of the Ehlers Danlos Society and she emailed back today, "This is truly intriguing and I will definitely do some additional reading."