Troubleshooting Foamy Urine

Spondive

That's awesome! How did you think of trying that?
Reading here someone trying cysteine for hangovers and some other benefits. So I decided to try it to see if there were any benefits for me and I noticed that my urine wasn’t as foamy

yerrag

Reading here someone trying cysteine for hangovers and some other benefits. So I decided to try it to see if there were any benefits for me and I noticed that my urine wasn’t as foamy
I've taken NAC, after reading that it may recycle albumin back from being oxidized towards being reduced, in the same way that oxidized glutathione is recycled back into reduces glutathione.

It is oxidized albumin that is excreted in urine that is one cause of foaming in urine. If the albumin is reduced, it won't be excreted in urine.

But NAC does nothing in foam reduction.

But l-cysteine I should try. Never thought there is an l-cysteine supplement, and have never considered it given it has a bad rap in our circle.

Thanks for making me reconaider.

And keep us updated on whether the foam is gone for good in the coming days!

yerrag

@Spondive

Thanks to you I dug into my collection cum garage of files I downloaded for reading bit never got to.

And I read it. Talks about cysteine and NAC and on the regeneration of oxidized albumin. I'm glad I did. It's somewhat technical so I had to gloss over some sections without losing out on the summation of each section.

So I'm gonna start taking some NAC to see if I have a better outcome this time regarding reducing foaming in urine. This time, the result may be different as my pH levels have improved.

Attachments

• NAC recycles oxidized albumin.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 6

Vinny

I've taken NAC, after reading that it may recycle albumin back from being oxidized towards being reduced, in the same way that oxidized glutathione is recycled back into reduces glutathione.

It is oxidized albumin that is excreted in urine that is one cause of foaming in urine. If the albumin is reduced, it won't be excreted in urine.

But NAC does nothing in foam reduction.

But l-cysteine I should try. Never thought there is an l-cysteine supplement, and have never considered it given it has a bad rap in our circle.

Thanks for making me reconaider.

And keep us updated on whether the foam is gone for good in the coming days!
Yerrag, if supposedly the reason for foamy urine, in our cases, is from excreted oxidized albumin, why it gets oxidized at 1st place, and is it necessarily a bad thing? And what it will give if it gets recycled back?
Thanks

yerrag

Yerrag, if supposedly the reason for foamy urine, in our cases, is from excreted oxidized albumin, why it gets oxidized at 1st place, and is it necessarily a bad thing? And what it will give if it gets recycled back?
Thanks
Albumin is the primary extracellular antioxidant accounting for as high as 70% of the antioxidant action. So it's not a bad thing it's being used. The alternative would be tissue destruction and eventual organ damage leading to death.

If it can be recycled back into its reduced form, it won't get excreted and there won't be foaming.

It gets oxidized in the process, and gets past the kidney's electrical charge-sensitive filter and gets excreted in urine.

yerrag

So last night I took 800mg NAC. Slept and woke up to urinate the 1st time. Voila! My urine did not foam at all. But I woke up two more times to urinate, and both times my urine foamed again. So the success was short-lived.

I have a mind to take NAC again after I urinate the first time, as maybe that will cause the 2nd urination to not foam. But I'm hesistant after I looked at some stats this morning, using an app called Heart Rate Analyzer running on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which has a heart rate and spO2 sensor:

- heart rate went down
- spO2 down as well
-perfusion index took a dive

On my personal ECG device, my QTc, a measure of thyroid, did not change, but the QRS, which is a measure of the speed by which the heart pumps out into the body, slowed down. This is also a concern.

I may do it tonight, as I'm hoping this is just a blip or coincidence, but if it gets worse, I'm stopping use of NAC even if it eliminates all the foaming.

NAC may be recycling spent albumin, but it is also increasing reductive stress.

Vinny

So last night I took 800mg NAC. Slept and woke up to urinate the 1st time. Voila! My urine did not foam at all. But I woke up two more times to urinate, and both times my urine foamed again. So the success was short-lived.

I have a mind to take NAC again after I urinate the first time, as maybe that will cause the 2nd urination to not foam. But I'm hesistant after I looked at some stats this morning, using an app called Heart Rate Analyzer running on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which has a heart rate and spO2 sensor:

- heart rate went down
- spO2 down as well
-perfusion index took a dive

On my personal ECG device, my QTc, a measure of thyroid, did not change, but the QRS, which is a measure of the speed by which the heart pumps out into the body, slowed down. This is also a concern.

I may do it tonight, as I'm hoping this is just a blip or coincidence, but if it gets worse, I'm stopping use of NAC even if it eliminates all the foaming.

NAC may be recycling spent albumin, but it is also increasing reductive stress.
Thank you!
How did you came up with the dose of 800mg?

yerrag

Thank you!
How did you came up with the dose of 800mg?
I used to take 2x 600mg NAC daily as prescribed by a naturopath for months years back.

I took a scoop which weighed 800mg but I didnt bother to lower it to 600mg since I wasn't taking it for a long term.

Btw, I decided to stop taking NAC as I felt the change in the markers were convincing enough. Just not worth seeing urine foam disappear and bp go down if the tradeoff is increased reductive stress.

I'm continuing to work on reducing the source of oxidative stress rather than neutralizing it with the tradeoff of increased reductive stress.

More and more I see oxidative stress as the highway to heaven and reductive stress as going through the local roads on the slow but still certain way to heaven.

stoic

I had foamy urine for a few months after starting a peat-inspired diet.

At some point, the foaminess stopped and I have never had the problem again.

I changed a lot of things during the last few years, so maybe it was my body adapting, or maybe it was something else entirely...

ironfist

Smelly5

Did you take antibiotics at all?
I had foamy urine for a few months after starting a peat-inspired diet.

At some point, the foaminess stopped and I have never had the problem again.

I changed a lot of things during the last few years, so maybe it was my body adapting, or maybe it was something else entirely...

Vinny

Vinny

yerrag

No. Our cases here have nothing to do with protein or the kidneys, we already covered and mentioned that.
Ray Peat sees urine foam from a hormonal standpoint, having to do with high estrogen..But that does not apply to me.

And pretty much all conventional doctors, aligned with the Talmudist Google search engine, will tell you it is a kidney problem. All the time. No ifs and buts.

And it will be about the kidney dysfunctional based on its inability to keep protein, especially albumin, from being excreted.

So they pretend to verify this by measuring your eGFR. GFR means the glomerular filtration rate, which is quite simply the same as kidney filtration rate. Using a nebulous formula (of course it's based on 'science') involving serum creatinine, age, sex, and race. Based on this, you will know if your kidneys are okay or not. With you unaware that you are healthy, you maybe stricken thinking you have chronic kidney disease, from a scale of 1 to 5, the higher the worse your kidney is.

All because you're serum creatinine is high, and it is high because you excrete albumin.

And not because something is wrong with your kidneys. But because as a result of high albumin excretion, your blood volume is low, and because of that, your serum creatinine is high.

And blood volume is low because your blood has low albumin. And low albumin holds on to less salt, and less salt attracts less water into plasma, leading to low plasma volume and low blood volume.

Albumin is excreted by perfectly healthy kidneys, only because the albumin excreted is oxidized albumin. Albumin is oxidized because albumin is the main antioxidant outside our cells, and albumin protects us from oxidative stresses going on to keep our tissues from being destroyed by oxidative stress.

So watch out! Knowing this keeps voodoo doctors from destroying your kidneys through their voodoo drugs.

yerrag

On another note, I have started to make mybown suppositories using cocoa butter and essential oils (not the PUFAs of course). Initial impressions are that foam has markedly subsided. But it will take more time to see the salutary effects inbthe form of lower creatinine, lower BP, lower wbc, better ECG, better acid base balance, less joint pains, more hair, more libido yada yada.

Vinny

Ray Peat sees urine foam from a hormonal standpoint, having to do with high estrogen..But that does not apply to me.

And pretty much all conventional doctors, aligned with the Talmudist Google search engine, will tell you it is a kidney problem. All the time. No ifs and buts.

And it will be about the kidney dysfunctional based on its inability to keep protein, especially albumin, from being excreted.

So they pretend to verify this by measuring your eGFR. GFR means the glomerular filtration rate, which is quite simply the same as kidney filtration rate. Using a nebulous formula (of course it's based on 'science') involving serum creatinine, age, sex, and race. Based on this, you will know if your kidneys are okay or not. With you unaware that you are healthy, you maybe stricken thinking you have chronic kidney disease, from a scale of 1 to 5, the higher the worse your kidney is.

All because you're serum creatinine is high, and it is high because you excrete albumin.

And not because something is wrong with your kidneys. But because as a result of high albumin excretion, your blood volume is low, and because of that, your serum creatinine is high.

And blood volume is low because your blood has low albumin. And low albumin holds on to less salt, and less salt attracts less water into plasma, leading to low plasma volume and low blood volume.

Albumin is excreted by perfectly healthy kidneys, only because the albumin excreted is oxidized albumin. Albumin is oxidized because albumin is the main antioxidant outside our cells, and albumin protects us from oxidative stresses going on to keep our tissues from being destroyed by oxidative stress.

So watch out! Knowing this keeps voodoo doctors from destroying your kidneys through their voodoo drugs.
Thank you very much for explaining this, yerrag!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals