ADVICE! Low urine output Cat

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

@yerrag Helpful info, thank you. I'm sorry for your loss, it's a real terrible feeling to watch them suffer and contemplate what the right move is.

Some questions:

I have both Progest E and DHEA (in alcohol)

How do you administer the supps and how much do you use? When I rub on ears the other cat usually licks it off. The male cat is 10 lbs.

Also I found this site while researching I thought it was a pretty thorough overview of holistic treatments. Homeopathics are mentioned, Urinary Tract Infection (dogs & cats) – Pet Info Alley

Fred

I haven't read every response, but my cats both had a blockage ... probably from dry food. It's a serious condition that can escalate quickly. I haven't fed them dry food in a year, and so far, so good. I recommend reading this article. The vet sounds very "peatish" in her analysis and skepticism of current veterinary dietary "science":

Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition​

Lisa A. Pierson, DVM​

Z

Zsazsa

I know many people who use cranberry for their cats and dogs in my understanding it also has salicylates. Maybe the dose is very low comparatively?

D-Mannose is a powerful alkalizing agent

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

D-Mannose is a powerful alkalizing agent
Do you mean to say that that offsets the acidity of the salicylates? In my understanding cranberries are a very acid fruit and mannose is somewhat neutral in pH. What am I missing?

Z

Zsazsa

Do you mean to say that that offsets the acidity of the salicylates? In my understanding cranberries are a very acid fruit and mannose is somewhat neutral in pH. What am I missing?
I think it might be related with the microbiome, but it's been several years since I read about it and am not sure about the mechanism anymore

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Update:

kitty seems to be doing a lot better, thank God. Less frequent trips to litter and playful mood with the usual cat shenanigans resuming.

I stepped up my game and bought a infrared audible motion alarm to inform me when he is on his way to the litter box so that I get an audible cue of the frequency and keep an eye on his production. Sounds extreme but when it has to do with the health of myself or animals I think more mitigation strategies and failsafes are required.

The only things I've done are; eliminate all dry kibble, feed wet canned organic food with freeze dried meat hydrated with water, supplement the food with CranActin half capsule per 10lbs a day, coconut oil on coat every so often (to lick) and a spray or two of 10ppm colloidal silver in his food per day. The first day I also cleaned his penis with a damp cloth and colloidal silver (my pet book told me to do it immediately in case of blockage) but it's wasn't easy and the cat isnt even that fussy, definitely need 2 to 3 people for the task, plus some gloves.

yerrag

How do you administer the supps and how much do you use? When I rub on ears the other cat usually licks it off. The male cat is 10 lbs.
I used 2x1 drops per day of Progestene on my 7lb cat. 12 drops is 20mg of progesterone.

I have no guide on dosage to work with, so I'm working blind but glad the dosage is sufficient.

The Pansterone was at 2x1 drops/day. 4 drops has 5mg each of DHEA and pregnenolone.

Progestene has DMSO and ethanol, Pansterone has SFA esters and ethanol.

I applied on ears and the cat doesn't like it although there were no visible reactions on the skin. No cat would dare like her ears though as she is a bossy queen.

When she was able to evade application on her ears, I'd apply around her genital area, not directly as the ethanol may sting her vagina.

The homeopathic remedies are effective. I would rather have a set of remedies to choose from. This was made by Helios Homeopathy Ltd www.helios.co.uk I bought the kit from Amazon..It is expired but can still be used. It comes with 24 glass vials each containing 1.4g of sucrose pillules. A 10ml SOeSSence Flower Formula.

I find it much easier to dissolve 1 pillule in 1 ml of distilled water plus 4 drops of the flower formula and I would sneakily squeeze the solution from a disposable polypropylene pipette into her mouth at the side with mouth slightly open. I haven't mastered doing it as she's very shifty.

yerrag

Update:

kitty seems to be doing a lot better, thank God. Less frequent trips to litter and playful mood with the usual cat shenanigans resuming.

I stepped up my game and bought a infrared audible motion alarm to inform me when he is on his way to the litter box so that I get an audible cue of the frequency and keep an eye on his production. Sounds extreme but when it has to do with the health of myself or animals I think more mitigation strategies and failsafes are required.

The only things I've done are; eliminate all dry kibble, feed wet canned organic food with freeze dried meat hydrated with water, supplement the food with CranActin half capsule per 10lbs a day, coconut oil on coat every so often (to lick) and a spray or two of 10ppm colloidal silver in his food per day. The first day I also cleaned his penis with a damp cloth and colloidal silver (my pet book told me to do it immediately in case of blockage) but it's wasn't easy and the cat isnt even that fussy, definitely need 2 to 3 people for the task, plus some gloves.

The d-mannose from Cranberry attracts bacteria which clings to the d-mannose as it's being excreted with urine. D-mannose cannot be metabolized so it will just be excreted in urine. It is useful when there is bacteria involved and when urine can be excreted.

The July 2021 newsletter talks more about the role of progesterone as it relates to hepcidin and iron and bacteria and that is the reason I focused on progesterone as the main treatment option.

I can understand why you had to put on all stops as that is natural when you meet a crisis such as this for the first time, but I think with more experience you would be able to opt for less as you gain more familiarity.

I like to point out my sisters' preference for reading Dr. Axe over Ray Peat, as Dr. Axe makes everything sound so easy and reading him is a breeze. But when he ends with a long list of supplements for the reader to choose from, it is when I am glad I don't read Dr. Axe as much as I read Ray Peat.

Phosphor

Not having read replies, someone has probably said this, but a male cat can die within 24 hours from a blocked urethra. I can't imagine a vet who won't take in a cat that is not vaccinated; I've never heard of such a thing around here. I think the covid "vaccination" (not) thing could be interfering with your thinking.
I'm sure others have offered things that may work, but keep track of whether his bladder feels full to you -- if you can feel it full and he is not peeing, he is literally hours from an extremely unpleasant death. I hope he is not eating kibble, which is VERY far from their natural diet and robs them of the moisture they would get from their natural prey. I don't have the wherewithal to make my own cat food, but I've compromised on the best quality canned I can get, so they get the moisture. One of mine (both female) cannot eat kibble because she has an enlarged colon (FROM eating kibble her first three months at the humane society) and she simply stops pooping if she does not have wet food.
Best of luck.

Neeters 27

neutered male cats are prone to crystals in their urinary tract. only way to fix is to get them on antibiotics as there is likely an infection, and his diet MUST change to be more acidic to prevent further crystals from happening. its an emergency pls take to vet right away! kidney damage and a lot of pain you cant let kitty suffer!

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

neutered male cats are prone to crystals in their urinary tract. only way to fix is to get them on antibiotics as there is likely an infection, and his diet MUST change to be more acidic to prevent further crystals from happening. its an emergency pls take to vet right away! kidney damage and a lot of pain you cant let kitty suffer!
He is healed and doing well thanks for your concern, I wrote how we fixed the issue a few replies up.

What's the prevailing theory as to why neutering causes this? I'm not pro neutering but they wouldn't let me have him at the humane society without first doing it to him, I said I'd "take him in" (nope) but they said no. They also wouldn't let me vaccinate him myself (which I also wouldn't do) they essentially said they can't release the animal until these things are done.

yerrag

The July 2021 newsletter talks more about the role of progesterone as it relates to hepcidin and iron and bacteria and that is the reason I focused on progesterone as the main treatment option.
1652886035882.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom