Foamy urine but eGFR good and no proteinuria

ironfist

Ever since stopping huge doses of Wobenzym (simultaneously around the time I got the vaccine), I have been having foamy urine.

Checking this online makes it sound like terrible concerns, kidney disease, etc. Now, foamy urine is usually caused by protein in the urine when the kidneys don't filter it correctly.

I have done numerous urine tests, all of which were not positive for proteinuria. Thus, no protein in the urine.

My eGFR ranges from 88-102 depending on the test. Hence, my kidneys appear to be fine.

According to a urologist I visited, if you have kidney disease you have protein in the urine all the time -- a test will show this.

I only have foamy urine when I eat, and specifically when I eat meat. Especially chicken.

If I go 12-18 hours without eating, I will pee normally.

I ate a fried chicken the other day and basically peed bubbles for 12 hours after.

I am trying to confirm I understand the difference between foamy urine and bubbles in the urine.

Foam is a lot of small bubbles that rarely pop. If you have foam, and you leave the room and come back in 10 minutes, the foam is still there. That is what I read online.

Bubbles are bubbles that pop.

I cannot figure out what is causing this. It's possible it's always been the case but I never noticed it before, but I'm pretty sure I realized one day "HEY, MY PEE IS FOAMY" and traveled to my computer to look up the problem.

This began around July of 2021. I have not used Wobenzym since then. I had other weird stuff appear when I stopped taking it as well so unsure if that's connected. Got the vaccine a month or so before it started.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Try a lower protein diet just for experimentation and see if it helps the issue.

Another thing to try is to have calcium with every meal, consider 500mg calc carb with every meal also for experimentation.

Also try if baking soda, twice a day between meals makes a difference.

Finally, talk to your doctor about obtaining a cystatin c lab test. It'll tell more about your kidney health than anything.

FYI many people are reporting strange symptoms after the jab.

OP
I

ironfist

I've had two cystatin-c tests, both normal. GFR calculated from it was exceptional.

JoeT

I remember Ray being asked about this on a couple of occasions. I remember him saying it is/can be due to free fatty acids causing the urine to lather, similarly to how soap does. Most mornings I have it and also at other times usually due to some kind of stress or hypoglycaemia.

Similar to JoeT's comment, I've also found that things that reduce free fatty acid circulation, such as Vitamin D or Niacinamide, basically reduced/eliminated the foamy urine.

Vinny

I am trying to confirm I understand the difference between foamy urine and bubbles in the urine.

Foam is a lot of small bubbles that rarely pop. If you have foam, and you leave the room and come back in 10 minutes, the foam is still there. That is what I read online.

Correct.

As much as I can remember, never had any issues with foamy urine before I tried ketogenic diet. I almost died from it. (This is not supposed to steer away someone from trying keto. It could have just been my reaction. I always try to reach immediate results.) What exactly went wrong after the keto attempt I still investigate.
And, yes, according to my tests as well, it has little or nothing to do with the kidneys.

kozakl

Ever since stopping huge doses of Wobenzym (simultaneously around the time I got the vaccine), I have been having foamy urine.

Checking this online makes it sound like terrible concerns, kidney disease, etc. Now, foamy urine is usually caused by protein in the urine when the kidneys don't filter it correctly.

I have done numerous urine tests, all of which were not positive for proteinuria. Thus, no protein in the urine.

My eGFR ranges from 88-102 depending on the test. Hence, my kidneys appear to be fine.

According to a urologist I visited, if you have kidney disease you have protein in the urine all the time -- a test will show this.

I only have foamy urine when I eat, and specifically when I eat meat. Especially chicken.

If I go 12-18 hours without eating, I will pee normally.

I ate a fried chicken the other day and basically peed bubbles for 12 hours after.

I cannot figure out what is causing this. It's possible it's always been the case but I never noticed it before, but I'm pretty sure I realized one day "HEY, MY PEE IS FOAMY" and traveled to my computer to look up the problem.

This began around July of 2021. I have not used Wobenzym since then. I had other weird stuff appear when I stopped taking it as well so unsure if that's connected. Got the vaccine a month or so before it started.

hello, I'm sorry to ask but you solve how to reduce / gone foamy in urine permanent?