Excess water intake?

fever257

Hey everyone,

Being that over-hydration can be a serious issue that leads to prolactin secretion, I've been trying to make sure I avoid excess water in my diet.

Yesterday i ran into an issue where my DUTCH test stipulated that i don’t exceed 40 oz of fluid per sample collecting days - i guess so urine isn’t diluted - and i was completely incapable of doing it. I had 60+ oz and still felt dehydrated. i realized that i must consume 150-200 oz+ of liquids per day, and i’m wondering if there’s an area of intake where you max out.

For context, my urine is frequently clear or slightly green, and only dark colors when I rise in the morning. I urinate pretty frequently but haven't yet kept track of the exact numbers.

Additionally, while I only ever drink water when I workout, but I am concerned that my diet contains way too much water to be healthy.

For example, this is a days eats:

Breakfast:
3 eggs w/ 1/3 cup cheese
32 oz OJ.
12 oz coffee w/ 16-20 oz milk, 18g collagen & 50g sugar.

Lunch:
300g red grapes
300g blueberries
300g papaya
1 -2 oz cheese
2 cup bone broth

Dinner:
200g ground beef w/ 1/2 cup cheese
12 oz cream soda w/ cane sugar
16 oz sweet tea/POM juice

1/2 pint ice cream & bone broth before bed.

This obviously varies day-to-day, but this is the general framework of my diet. Also, if you're wondering why I eat so much collagen, it's because I struggle to get 25% of my calories as protein and that makes it easy to keep it up.

But yeah, I'm mostly just concerned that I'm getting too much water in my diet, and I want to make sure I avoid this issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

-fever

Hey everyone,

Being that over-hydration can be a serious issue that leads to prolactin secretion, I've been trying to make sure I avoid excess water in my diet.

Yesterday i ran into an issue where my DUTCH test stipulated that i don’t exceed 40 oz of fluid per sample collecting days - i guess so urine isn’t diluted - and i was completely incapable of doing it. I had 60+ oz and still felt dehydrated. i realized that i must consume 150-200 oz+ of liquids per day, and i’m wondering if there’s an area of intake where you max out.

For context, my urine is frequently clear or slightly green, and only dark colors when I rise in the morning. I urinate pretty frequently but haven't yet kept track of the exact numbers.

Additionally, while I only ever drink water when I workout, but I am concerned that my diet contains way too much water to be healthy.

For example, this is a days eats:

Breakfast:
3 eggs w/ 1/3 cup cheese
32 oz OJ.

Lunch:
300g red grapes
300g blueberries
300g papaya
1 -2 oz cheese
2 cup bone broth

Dinner:
200g ground beef w/ 1/2 cup cheese
12 oz cream soda w/ cane sugar
16 oz sweet tea/POM juice

1/2 pint ice cream & bone broth before bed.

This obviously varies day-to-day, but this is the general framework of my diet. Also, if you're wondering why I eat so much collagen, it's because I struggle to get 25% of my calories as protein and that makes it easy to keep it up.

But yeah, I'm mostly just concerned that I'm getting too much water in my diet, and I want to make sure I avoid this issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

-fever
I do much better without water. I could never drink the amount of liquids others do being real "Peaty". You drink way more liquids than I do. Ray Peat says we are the only creatures that force ourselves to drink water. I might have a couple sips in the night, but I do better with foods instead of liquids, much better digestion for it. When I drank more liquids aka oj, gelatin and milk i had more dehydration, probably because it was flushing out all my nutrients too quickly, drinking less now feels like I am more hydrated with everything staying in me longer. Are you feeling full or bloated with the liquids you drink?

dervmai

progress
I do much better without water. I could never drink the amount of liquids others do being real "Peaty". You drink way more liquids than I do. Ray Peat says we are the only creatures that force ourselves to drink water. I might have a couple sips in the night, but I do better with foods instead of liquids, much better digestion for it. When I drank more liquids aka oj, gelatin and milk i had more dehydration, probably because it was flushing out all my nutrients too quickly, drinking less now feels like I am more hydrated with everything staying in me longer. Are you feeling full or bloated with the liquids you drink?
How much liquids do you drink a day now? Could you try to estimate it?

How much liquids do you drink a day now? Could you try to estimate it?
Water only occasionally in the middle of the night, but overall maybe 8 cups a day, with milk, coffee and water diluted juices, which I add addition sugar and salt to. Once in a while I will have a cup of tea at night ir sun tea in the day, and now about 3 days a week, I will have juice diluted wine, a sangria, with my 99 year old ex mother-in-law. I really retain my nutrients now, not going to the bathroom all the time, maybe 3 times a day, and never in the night.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals