Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

Daft

Did you investigate a subclinical UTI? Try cranberry or bulk D-Mannose powder(faster eradication of UTI)?

OP
C

Callmestar

Did you investigate a subclinical UTI? Try cranberry or bulk D-Mannose powder(faster eradication of UTI)?

I didn't but i've tried courses of antibiotics for other reasons and I also don't think a UTI would cause dehydration. I mean it may cause frequent urination of small amounts but wouldn't cause the body to be unable to retain fluid, dump out water and be unable to maintain fluid homeostasis.

Daft

I didn't but i've tried courses of antibiotics for other reasons and I also don't think a UTI would cause dehydration. I mean it may cause frequent urination of small amounts but wouldn't cause the body to be unable to retain fluid, dump out water and be unable to maintain fluid homeostasis.
Well it's conceivable it could cause that if it caused frequent urination of large amounts, no? Theoretically it would be hogging all the water to use to flush out the UTI, chronically. Worth trying out I'd say, mannose being specific to the urinary tract unlike antibiotics less specific to the area.

OP
C

Callmestar

Well it's conceivable it could cause that if it caused frequent urination of large amounts, no? Theoretically it would be hogging all the water to use to flush out the UTI, chronically. Worth trying out I'd say, mannose being specific to the urinary tract unlike antibiotics less specific to the area.

Thanks I'm trying D-Mannose.

OP
C

Callmestar

I just had a TSH result back of 8.6. So that's obviously got a lot worse. Although I felt no better then I was on thyroid meds and had my TSH down at 1.0.

I haven't had T3 or T4 tested on this occasion so I don't know where they are at.

Is that level of TSH recoverable to healthy levels or should I just forgot it and start taking thyroid again?

OP
C

Callmestar

After having a TSH result of 8.6 about a month ago I decided to go back onto Cynoplus, quarter tablet each morning. These are my blood results after 4 weeks on that dose. Still feel like absolute crap but bloods going in the right direction. I will increase the dose.

I felt improvement for the first 2 days on Cynoplus and then back to feeling awful. This seems to be the common theme every time I start thyroid.

My doctor has prescribed me Levothyroxine. Debating taking that instead as I can get that ongoing on a free prescription but then I'd be on T4 only. Any advice appreciated.

I'm unsure if my symptoms are purely down to thyroid issues as I've had the problems long before my thyroid bloods were this bad but there certainly is a metabolism temperature component to it and i'm determined to get that sorted and see where it takes me.

2022-06-27 (3).png

LLight

Not sure if you are still on this board but I would advise you to try supplementing with colloidal silver and colloidal gold.

There is a possibility that these elements increase the potency of vasopressin.

OP
C

Callmestar

Not sure if you are still on this board but I would advise you to try supplementing with colloidal silver and colloidal gold.

There is a possibility that these elements increase the potency of vasopressin.

Hey, thanks. I haven't been on in quite a while but just came back on today as a consulatant I saw yesterday seems to think I have 'Renal Tubular Acidosis' which he believes is causing my symptoms. Not sure if he's correct or not, I'll need testing. I'll make a post about it.

After having a TSH result of 8.6 about a month ago I decided to go back onto Cynoplus, quarter tablet each morning. These are my blood results after 4 weeks on that dose. Still feel like absolute crap but bloods going in the right direction. I will increase the dose.

I felt improvement for the first 2 days on Cynoplus and then back to feeling awful. This seems to be the common theme every time I start thyroid.
It is normal for you to need more thyroid medication after your body adjusts to it. I don't have a thyroid anymore so I had to start pretty high and it takes about 1.5-2 months to feel like crap. So I go up in dose, then 2 months later, can't make it though the day...this went on for almost a year and I think I am finally on a high enough dose. Your body initially does well because you are still compensating with your stress hormones, and maybe they finally chilled out after 2-3 days, and boom, you feel the need for more thyroid hormone because now you are ready for it. That sounds like a good reaction to me.

youngsinatra

Classic case of hypothyroidism. I would try the levothyroxine as your doctor recommended. Your free T4 is bottomed. Some individuals also have trouble tolerating T3 and get a more stable and consistent metabolic boost from T4-monotherapy.

A good diet supplies the cofactors for T4-T3 conversion.

OP
C

Callmestar

Classic case of hypothyroidism. I would try the levothyroxine as your doctor recommended. Your free T4 is bottomed. Some individuals also have trouble tolerating T3 and get a more stable and consistent metabolic boost from T4-monotherapy.

A good diet supplies the cofactors for T4-T3 conversion.

Literally nothing to do with hypothyroidism, but yes I am hypothyroid. My Symptoms developed long before any sign of hypothyroidism, when my thyroid numbers were perfect. Hypothyroidism has been another downstream issue to whatever has caused the dehydration issue. I've tried almost every from of thyroid including T4 with absolutely no improvement.

youngsinatra

Literally nothing to do with hypothyroidism, but yes I am hypothyroid. My Symptoms developed long before any sign of hypothyroidism, when my thyroid numbers were perfect. Hypothyroidism has been another downstream issue to whatever has caused the dehydration issue. I've tried almost every from of thyroid including T4 with absolutely no improvement.
Thyroid function can also be disrupted by adrenal insufficiency/exhaustion. I think that thyroid medication worsen symptoms when there is adrenal insufficiency. (I think it’s even a official contraindication for thyroid hormone therapy)

OP
C

Callmestar

Thyroid function can also be disrupted by adrenal insufficiency/exhaustion. I think that thyroid medication worsen symptoms when there is adrenal insufficiency. (I think it’s even a official contraindication for thyroid hormone therapy)

I don't have adrenal insufficiency. Many on this forum has an obsession that everything is thyroid related. I've long gone down that route with no success and need to explore other things.

Momma

Why keep coming to the Ray Peat forum (who’s foundation is metabolic health), and then combat the accurate lens which is seen with the data you present? This is a really long thread, where users have suggested the same thing as above, which is supported by your symptoms and lab results; and it’s met with resistance. You may do better with a one on one practitioner.

OP
C

Callmestar

Why keep coming to the Ray Peat forum (who’s foundation is metabolic health), and then combat the accurate lens which is seen with the data you present? This is a really long thread, where users have suggested the same thing as above, which is supported by your symptoms and lab results; and it’s met with resistance. You may do better with a one on one practitioner.

At what point do you expect me to draw the conclusion that thyroid isn't the issue? Never? I can't keep doing the same thing with no progress. I have tried every form of thyroid, every different dosage, every metabolic eating idea here with no improvement at all. So you think I should simply carry on doing the same thing? That's the definition of insanity.

I don't doubt there are some metabolic issues going on, and i'm trying to correct those and have taken on much of the advice here. But they don't appear to be the cause of my main underpinning symptom which led me into this mess. So I have to seek other solutions.

I come to this forum because I believe there's some intelligent people here and some good advice. BUT NOT EVERYTHING IS BLOODY THYROID RELATED. It's like a cult here. If you try and say it's not thyroid causing your symptoms, despite having tried thyroid and metabolic eating, with no improvement then apparently you are still wrong. Maybe, you are right, I should post somewhere else for a more balanced idea on what might be causing my issues. P.S. I do work with a one on one practitioner.

Momma

At what point do you expect me to draw the conclusion that thyroid isn't the issue? Never? I can't keep doing the same thing with no progress. I have tried every form of thyroid, every different dosage, every metabolic eating idea here with no improvement at all. So you think I should simply carry on doing the same thing? That's the definition of insanity.

I don't doubt there are some metabolic issues going on, and i'm trying to correct those and have taken on much of the advice here. But they don't appear to be the cause of my main underpinning symptom which led me into this mess. So I have to seek other solutions.

I come to this forum because I believe there's some intelligent people here and some good advice. BUT NOT EVERYTHING IS BLOODY THYROID RELATED. It's like a cult here. If you try and say it's not thyroid causing your symptoms, despite having tried thyroid and metabolic eating, with no improvement then apparently you are still wrong. Maybe, you are right, I should post somewhere else for a more balanced idea on what might be causing my issues. P.S. I do work with a one on one practitioner.
Mitochondrial respiration is paramount. This is Peat’s life work in a way, as well as Barnes and Seyle - to an extent. Stress has a cascade effect. Again, not only your signs, but your symptoms line up as well. Glad you are partnering up with an advocate for yourself.

MikeyFitz

I stumbled across this forum when searching for possible answers to my health problems, then realized I had an account from a couple of years ago. There seems to be much wisdom on this forum so I'm reaching out on the hope of finding some answers.

I am male, early 30s, normal/healthy weight. I've had problems with my health for some years now, one specific issue with dehydration is the most problematic. It sarted around 4 years ago. I feel dehydrated, depleted and my mouth is dry almost constantly, I urinate very frequently (more so in the mornings) and the urine is nearly always clear. This accompanied by fatigue, weakness, and generally feeling unwell. Along with the eventual toll this all takes on general physical and mental wellbeing.

It was initially suspected I may have Central Diabetes Insipidus after a water deprivation test showed I was concentrating urine less than normally. Further, more recent testing indicates this is not Diabetes Insipidus but there is definitely a problem with hydration, an inability to concentrate urine optimally and dry mouth/thirst. My urine is nearly always clear, even if I drink very little.

No amount of fluid intake hydrates me. Water actually feels as though it washes me out and worsens the dehydration. Juice / smoothie are better than water but still do not hydrate. Any fluid I put in is urinated out quickly. It's as if my water hemostasis level has somehow been lowered to a permanent state of dehydration.

After getting nowhere through the NHS I've begun paying for private more comprehensive blood tests. Most of the blood markers are in normal parameters but DHEA is very high, Progesterone is very low and testosterone is borderline low. My cholesterol and triglycerides are high but that has always been the case even before the health problems and with me being a healthy weight. I'm assuming it's genetic.

Does anything have any ideas what might be going on? The constant feeling of dryness and dehydration is destroying my life and I cannot find any answers thus far.
Very sorry to hear that you are going through this.

I can't help but lean towards Diabetes, even though you say it has been ruled out.

Have you had a glucose tolerance test? That is the only way I know of to definitively rule out diabetes.

I also believe that you may be hypothyroid.

Have you checked your temperature throughout the day as well as your resting heart rate?

Low androgens and high cholesterol along with low body temperature and low heartrate are classic symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I am not a doctor and I am certainly not YOUR doctor but I will be happy to assist if you can post the answers to these questions.

Results of glucose tolerance test -

Cholesterol levels - HDL LDL

Progesterone level -

Testosterone level -

Avg Body temp for a day -

Avg resting heart rate for a day -

Cold Feet? Y or N

Cold Hands? Y or N

MikeyFitz

Great point to consider. Drinking a lot of fluids will definitely flush out minerals and other co-factors for creation of T4 and conversion to T3. A liver issue will also prevent the conversion of T4 to T3. I would not be surprised if you have an infection.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals