Strongest supplements to fall asleep fast?

OP
P

Peater503

You’re welcome. :) Out of curiosity, is your NDT standardized and/or have you seen a rise in your temp and pulse rate since you began supplementing it? I ask because people often use the term NDT for both standardized thyroid extract and over the counter glandulars that aren’t standardized so with the latter, the T4 and T3 content can vary greatly from batch to batch, which is why if we contact the companies making OTC glandular supplements, they can’t tell us how many micrograms of T4 and T3 are in their products. I’m an outlier where I was chronically hypothyroid but struggled to keep weight on and after I finally convinced my doctor to prescribe me standardized NDT, I no longer needed an extreme amount of calories for my size and activity level to maintain my weight, similar to Ray’s experience when he started supplementing thyroid, and since making some dietary changes, I was able to come off thyroid.
Mine is an OTC glandular, specifically this one: Metavive I Porcine Thyroid Complex 40mg 180 capsules by Procepts Nutrition

Have not kept up with my temp and pulse checks as much as I should have lately lol, but I am actually in the exact same situation that you described and that Ray went through when he was younger, where hypothyroid resulted in weight loss due to the inability of cells to retain magnesium and therefore burning abnormal amounts of calories to produce ATP.

I have definitely noticed my weight being more stable and decreasing less extremely after taking 80mg every day for almost a month now. Would love to try a standardized but here in France I've tried at least 4 different doctors, none of them were willing to prescribe me anything unless my TSH was above 5 lol, so that's why I resorted to buying OTC products.

OP
P

Peater503

I don’t think taking a supplement on a regular basis is healthy strategy in the long run, just sayin….

“...While the sugar-and-insulin angle has shown promise, more of the research has focused on dietary protein—or, specifically, individual amino acids that make up that protein. Studies have shown that the restriction of the amino acids serine and glycine can modulate cancer outcomes.”
Thank you for linking this. I'm a little confused, so there are studies suggesting glycine restriction can reduce likelihood of getting cancer?

I see Haidut says in this thread "...glycine is actually useful as cancer treatment as it also opposes arginine and arginine restriction is also a viable approach as metabolic cancer therapy"

Btw, I totally agree with you; I think supplements should be a short-term solution, never healthy for the long run

OP
P

Peater503

A regimen I've been experimenting with since 12/26/2023 is using 5 drops StressNon, 5 drops Pansterone, and 5 drops Calcirol at bedtime. The results have been significantly positive. Besides a more restful sleep, I've experienced more vivid dreams.
Does it also help you to fall asleep significantly faster? That's the main benefit I am looking for atm, (thankfully) the duration and quality of my sleep are more or less in order, but falling asleep takes me an hour minimum, sometimes even 2-3....

Gawdawg

Does it also help you to fall asleep significantly faster? That's the main benefit I am looking for atm, (thankfully) the duration and quality of my sleep are more or less in order, but falling asleep takes me an hour minimum, sometimes even 2-3....
I fall asleep easily without any help. I've noticed my sleep more restful and less disturbed by any of the stress hormones.

Thank you for linking this. I'm a little confused, so there are studies suggesting glycine restriction can reduce likelihood of getting cancer?

I see Haidut says in this thread "...glycine is actually useful as cancer treatment as it also opposes arginine and arginine restriction is also a viable approach as metabolic cancer therapy"

Btw, I totally agree with you; I think supplements should be a short-term solution, never healthy for the long run
I have a thread titled “Collagen Confusion” because I am unsure myself with so much conflicting “evidence”. So far it seems the type of collagen makes a difference, and would differentiate a study’s outcome. The study’s agenda is always something to consider. I know Ray Peat said gelatin is a better choice for cancer than meat for a protein, but that is because of it’s lack of fat, not it’s amino acid content. I have heard RP not favoring amino acids, and probably taking so maybe taking them out of balance, from their food form makes a difference and creates more confusion. When thinking about gelatin I find it’s ranking important, just like Ray Peat ranks sugar sources. He says fruit is best, then honey then sugar. It is not to say sugar is bad, it just serves as a function, to balance a protein and has a “better-than-nothing” ranking. I see gelatin the same way. Bone broth is the best option, eating the skins of a animals would be second, manufactured powders would be third and isolated amino acids would be fourth. If one is eating white sugar and supplements the outcome is going to be much different than a person who is eating fruit and bone broth. I only put so much faith in studies, as we know how money and power peddle them, and a person can even change their opinion, which is a good indication that their ego isn’t in the processes. Just like RP said slcancer feeds on sugar and PUFA’s overfeeding cancer on sugar or PUFA’s can kill cancer so maybe the dose makes the difference. There is so much to consider.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Everybody is different, some people say they feel a difference, but I did not, and it did not help my sleep. I would just try all the various programs, you ight find one you like. I almost did not buy it, because when a company has a hyperbole of claims, etc., it sends up a red flag for me. But, I gambled it, and of course, this was years ago before PEMF was really much known about.

I have the Earth Pulse device......shelved, it did nothing for the quality of my sleep. Tried every program, every which way, and sleep quality was no better. A lot of hyperbolic claims on their website, none that I experienced. I have a EMF canopy and a grounding mat that seems to work good for me, along with many of the supplements talked about in the previous posts. This was just my experience with the Earth Pulse, maybe other people's were more positive.
Did you place the EarthPulse electromagnet below the grounding mat or grounding sheet? It may block the magnetic pulses.

Dave Clark

Did you place the EarthPulse electromagnet below the grounding mat or grounding sheet? It may block the magnetic pulses.
I used the EP before I had purchased a grounding mat, so the mat wasn't in the mix. But yeah,, a grounding mat or EMF protective layer between the EP and your body could possibly block the pulses, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals