What would you get checked if you suffered from this mysterious condition?

qminati

I understand that most people will doubt many things in this story, which is part of the reason it's hard to get help. Most doctors simply don't believe me, I'm convinced most people who hear this won't believe it. So please humor me and just pretend this is all true and accept that maybe freak occurrences like this do happen, and if you were in this situation, what would you do?

Ill try to write a quick version of this. In April of 2020 it all started with a powerful sudden case of restless leg syndrome in my right leg which was also felt in my right arm and sometimes my whole body. It was a horrible month until i found i was vitamin d deficient and upon taking prescribed 50,000iu of vitamin d I felt incredible relief. I continued taking 50,000iu for about a week and also took k2 and magnesium but was also taking loratadine for allergies and supplements with 5ht for sleeping problems. One night at 9pm i had a full on attack of some sort that lasted for 4 hours and fits the description of serotonin syndrome, yet i really have no confidence to say what it actually was. (super cold inside, body shaking, nausea, diarrhea, distorted vision, tinnitus on 1000 super loud and tense muscles all over, and the feeling that electricity was running through my brain and my heart about to bust open through my chest). I thought i was living the last minutes of my life the whole time, but after taking an ungodly amount of my sleeping supplement, eventually i fell asleep. The next night, after being reassured vitamin d couldn't hurt me, i took another 50,000iu pill and that night at the same time i had the same attack, this time i went to the ER. (I'm not blaming the vitamin d, i have no clue why it happened) They connected me to machines that monitor my brain and heart and showed me that the machine said absolutely nothing was wrong with either. they gave me a number to a psychiatrist and some xanax seemed to help a little but the damage was done. Now every single day i would get a slighly less intense version of this attack. i stopped taking vitamin d and after about a month i started to feel normal again. This was the beginning of my decline. Having no clue about anything health-related i started looking for answers online. Nothing i did gave me relief, i had no clue that what i put in my body could be causing it and thought only something i could put in my body would be able to fix it.

I lived this way for 9 months, having intense reactions randomly on a daily basis clueless as to why. Fighting suicidal thoughts daily. Went to south america and decided the sun could heal me. Thats when i realized the sun was one of the things that was causing these powerful reactions. I found this interesting because it was high vitamin d that i took initially when this all started. My 3rd attack happened 9 months later when i went under that powerful sun and had a delayed reaction. After about an hour under the sun, it wasn't until 10 pm when i was awakened from my sleep with the same exact attack i had on day 1. There is no question that the same thing just happened from the sun, that happened the day i took all that vitamin d and loratadine. I finally found Ray Peat forums after 9 months of looking for answers, came across the FPS course and it was the first time I had an idea of what was going on. Learning how to eat metabolically and avoid stress responses was a life-saving experience. I still have no clue what was wrong with me, but by paying attention to how things affected me, i quickly found that most proteins gave me a horrible reaction. I say reaction because these are not normal stress responses, the reactions are smaller versions of the full-fledged attack I had on day one.

So after a lot of trial n error, i found that most of what i was eating was causing these reactions. Even many supplements give me a powerful reaction. Calcium carbonate messes me up pretty bad. Most protein will give me a week-long reaction. I can only eat great lakes gelatin and only with a high amount of fresh OJ to avoid a stress response and Parmigiano Reggiano is my main source of fat except for when i have the carrot salad with coconut oil which does not cause reactions so i eat it daily. I finally reached the point where i can avoid reactions and now the only things i can eat are fresh squeezed OJ, cheese, and gelatin and coffee with honey. The only supplements i can use without a stress response is Solban from idea labs rubbed all over my gut since i gained 60 pounds being that the only thing that can calm my stress responses are massive amounts of OJ, but the solban does a great job of heating me up. It seems like anything i put in my stomach will cause a powerful reaction. Last time i tried even 400iu of vitamin d oil i had a weeklong reaction. Even vegetable broth of spinach and kale that i tried gave me a reaction. I believe tryptophan and calcium are causing reactions. The good news is my brain is working again and im able to work but my energy is still super limited, i can't be on my feet for more than a couple of hours without a stress response if I don't have enough OJ. I can get away with activity, but only with a bottle of OJ with me constantly feeding me sugar.

My brain is doing better today because i can go longer without a reaction to let my mind heal. But the bad news is that it feels like a window is closing on me. it feels like as time goes by, i become more reactive to more things. I used to be able to drink milk, supplement DHEA, have bone broth, and all the stuff i needed to heal, over time my body started reacting badly to those too. This is the part that scares me the most. By avoiding reactions my mind does heal, but my body seems to slowly change for the worse, not better.

oh and here is an interesting fact, when i get these reactions strong enough, they operate completely independent of my blood sugar and metabolism. The FPS course did a great job of teaching me how to support my thyroid function and balance blood sugar and avoid harmful substances, but when i get a powerful reaction, it doesn't matter how good my temperature is, the serotonin-like feelings just continue, even if my pulse and temp are perfect. I know it isn't adrenaline because of what i am consuming, the science says that my thyroid is functioning well.
And there lies the mystery, NOBODY even has a clue as to what could be the issue. my blood work is mostly normal except for high eosiniphilios and lactic acid. most stuff is normal. 17 doctors couldn't help me and 5 sent me to a psychiatrist. They bring up stuff like anxiety and fear of the sun, no, I do not suffer from any social fear, I love people, I love the sun *and enjoyed it on a tropical vacation only months before this happened., I am not seeking attention. Something happened to me and it may be a one-in-a-million case. Its been 2 and a half years and thanks to my high temps im able to maintain i can keep a positive mind and not really get depressed.

its been 2 and a half years now. I live indoors during the day and only go out at night and have to bring my OJ and cheese everywhere i go along with progesterone and activated charcoal which seem to be the only things that help me find relief from these strong reactions along with the OJ. I have to avoid sun exposure even through glass windows it can cause reactions. But i am worried that I'm not doing enough, this isn't going to fix itself, and I feel really embarrassed talking about it because most people just think I'm crazy because this doesn't fit anybody's medical expertise, but im done feeling embarrassed, im desperate and i have to find a way, i can't live like this. I just want to be able to walk down the street like normal people without being wrecked for a week with serotonin-like symptoms.

So if you were able to get through all that, i am looking for ideas. What mechanisms can i test that arent your basic bloodwork? What would you look for if this happened to you? Basic bloodwork seems pointless. I wish there were doctors like TV doctors that find a patient and try to find out what is wrong with them. I am willing to give up my life savings to fix this. But i am lost. When every doctor i talk to looks at me sideways. When everything they say will help me only gives me horrible reactions. Are there any organizations i can reach out too? Any special doctors who take on mysterious cases? I feel like im in the twilight zone sometimes. keeping high temps is preventing me from suicidal thoughts and is actually helping me find the energy to keep fighting and looking for solutions. if i can just get a professional to believe this is true, maybe I can get some direction on what to check my body for.

if you read all of this, thank you. ive been previously too embarassed and feeling stupid to ask for help. i think i have been traumatized by the look on doctors faces that i stopped asking around. but i dont have the luxury of not trying anymore, whatever this is, its not showing any signs of naturally being healed, even with the minimal diet of OJ gelatin and cheese and constantly having raised temperatures. im open to any suggestions.

Ben.

You perfectly described what happened to me in around september 2019 symptomwise. Biggest hell i've been in for months and even to this day i struggle with alot of symptoms. If things hadn't improved im sure i'd be dead by now. I cant make a longer post on the phone (phones suck) and i need to honour my bedtime. However...

Do you have chronic inflammations, blood flow being disrupted, pain somehwhere, blood pumping being felt at numerous partsof the body, Vision issues and/or the feeling of your brain/nervous system being completly overwhelmed like its firing nonstop?

OP
Q

qminati

You perfectly described what happened to me in around september 2019 symptomwise. Biggest hell i've been in for months and even to this day i struggle with alot of symptoms. If things hadn't improved im sure i'd be dead by now. I cant make a longer post on the phone (phones suck) and i need to honour my bedtime. However...

Do you have chronic inflammations, blood flow being disrupted, pain somehwhere, blood pumping being felt at numerous partsof the body, Vision issues and/or the feeling of your brain/nervous system being completly overwhelmed like its firing nonstop?
wow, sorry you went through it. My gut seems like it has been inflammed my whole life, i always had a bloated stomach since i was a kid. I havent had any random pain other then headaches. Interesting about the blood pumping in numerous parts of the body because i have been experiencing that since childhood in random places, sometimes i would see a piece of my leg bubbling on my front thigh. My brain/nervous system has been like that since i can remember, i was insomniac for most of my life because of it.
I appreciate you posting. Would love to hear more when you get a chance about your experience and see if i can get some ideas on where to go from here.

OP
Q

qminati

what's your calcium and B vit intake like?

what's your calcium and B vit intake like?
The only calcium my body accepts is from the parmigianno reggiano. im only getting about 1000 mg a day although in my latest bloodwork my calcium levels were in normal range. My lack of calcium does worry me, but vegetable broth and even calcium carbonate give me horrible reactions.
Based on cronometer my b vitamin intake from all the OJ and cheese meets my daily requirements except for vitamin b12 which i only get 35% of my daily requirements

P

Peatness

So sorry you are having such a rough time. Have you ever had an autoimmune disease? I ask this because with certain autoimmune disease such as Sarcoidosis vitamin d can cause problems. High eosiniphilios and lactic acid suggests some sort of bacteria linked to Sarcoidosis.

Your doctors need to investigate this

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Q

qminati

So sorry you are having such a rough time. Have you ever had an autoimmune disease? I ask this because with certain autoimmune disease such as Sarcoidosis vitamin d can cause problems. High eosiniphilios and lactic acid suggests some sort of bacteria linked to Sarcoidosis.

Your doctors need to investigate this
never been diagnosed but im sure ive been hypothyroid my whole life if that counts, but i will definitely look into this i appreciate you posting it.

P

Peatness

never been diagnosed but im sure ive been hypothyroid my whole life if that counts, but i will definitely look into this i appreciate you posting it.
Also look into drug induced sunsensitivity - loratadine can do this

When it comes to your health don't be embarassed. Believe me there are a lot of doctors out there who are not worth the paper their medical degrees are printed on. Just because they can't figure out what is wrong with you it doesn't mean it's in your head.

Peater

The only calcium my body accepts is from the parmigianno reggiano. im only getting about 1000 mg a day although in my latest bloodwork my calcium levels were in normal range. My lack of calcium does worry me, but vegetable broth and even calcium carbonate give me horrible reactions.
Based on cronometer my b vitamin intake from all the OJ and cheese meets my daily requirements except for vitamin b12 which i only get 35% of my daily requirements
Can you tolerate liver?

OP
Q

qminati

Also look into drug induced sunsensitivity - loratadine can do this

When it comes to your health don't be embarassed. Believe me there are a lot of doctors out there who are not worth the paper their medical degrees are printed on. Just because they can't figure out what is wrong with you it doesn't mean it's in your head.
love the information, thank you for your words

Peater

i could about a year ago, now it gives me the same powerful reaction, i even tried saturee liver pills and it messed me up pretty bad
Interesting. I asked as I have seen thiamine and riboflavin deficiency mentioned as part of the 'sun intolerance' you mentioned. Maybe you could try IdeaLabs Energin.

InChristAlone

What were your vitamin D levels after taking so much? Sounds like you got poisoned with it. It is in fact used to poison rats! Albeit at extremely high doses but it says that it isn't without risk in high doses. Look into binding up your bile acids which is where the fat soluble vitamins will be excreted and if you do not consume fiber they just get recirculated. And unfortunately if you start consuming them they can cause bile dumping and thus more reactions. But it's the only way through it, have to get the toxic bile out. You can try to find one that works for you. Some examples are beans, oats and psyllium. Cooked carrots actually bind bile better than raw. Just go slowly with fiber.

If that's not the problem which I suspect it is as sunlight can cause bile dumping the symptoms sound similar to serotonin syndrome and you were in fact taking 5ht which can cause it. If you can get cyproheptadine and take it for a couple weeks you would know pretty quick if it's serotonin or the vitamin D toxicity.

mostlylurking

In April of 2020 it all started
Can you think back and try to remember if anything happened the month or two before this time? Did you have any illnesses? Did you take any antibiotics?
a powerful sudden case of restless leg syndrome in my right leg which was also felt in my right arm and sometimes my whole body.
Sounds like a nerve thing. Restless leg can be related to thiamine deficiency.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJxLymQn0s0

but was also taking loratadine for allergies
Loratadine? Have you researched the side effects of taking this long term? So you have allergies. Do you know if these are the run of the mill kind of thing? Do you have chemical sensitivities? What about food sensitivities? Have you been tested? The Alcat test is considered the "gold standard" for testing chemical and food sensitivities. I've been tested several times. It is very expensive. It told me that I was sensitive to pretty much everything. Well, duh. I already knew that. This points to gut issues. Leaky gut? I had that. Food molecules find their way into the bloodstream and the body becomes hypersensitive to them (=allergic reaction). It points to a thiamine deficiency because this deficiency can cause the gut and the blood/brain barrier to become compromised which makes you ultra sensitive to them.
supplements with 5ht for sleeping problems.
5ht elevates serotonin. Been there, done that. Don't do that; it's really really bad for you. Thiamine lowers serotonin in the brain. If taken before 3:00pm it improves sleep. If taken later than that it will hamper sleep.
attack of some sort that lasted for 4 hours and fits the description of serotonin syndrome,
Probably. If you were taking the precursor 5-ht.
tense muscles all over, and the feeling that electricity was running through my brain and my heart about to bust open through my chest).
The electricity part of this points to a thiamine issue. Deficiency? Functional blockage? Here's an article: How Can Something As Simple As Thiamine Cause So Many Problems?- Hormones Matter
an ungodly amount of my sleeping supplement
Lots and lots of 5-ht!
vitamin d couldn't hurt me, i took another 50,000iu pill and that night at the same time i had the same attack,
That's a lot of d. The effect of hypervitaminosis D and intoxication on haematological parameters - PubMed
How often were you taking this pill? Once or twice a week?
i stopped taking vitamin d and after about a month i started to feel normal again.
Great!!
now the only things i can eat are fresh squeezed OJ, cheese, and gelatin and coffee with honey.
I drink quite a bit of OJ too. But I stopped the coffee because it blocks thiamine function.
i gained 60 pounds being that the only thing that can calm my stress responses are massive amounts of OJ
Sounds like the OJ (sugar) isn't being metabolized and instead is getting stored as fat. Thiamine is required to metabolize sugar. When my thiamine function was blocked (by taking some Bactrim antibiotic), I was living on 1% milk, gelatin, and OJ and I packed on 25 pounds in about 30 days.
It seems like anything i put in my stomach will cause a powerful reaction.
Leaky gut?
i can't be on my feet for more than a couple of hours without a stress response if I don't have enough OJ. I can get away with activity, but only with a bottle of OJ with me constantly feeding me sugar.
also
I used to be able to drink milk, supplement DHEA, have bone broth, and all the stuff i needed to heal, over time my body started reacting badly to those too.
Multiple food sensitivities from leaky gut?
NOBODY even has a clue as to what could be the issue. my blood work is mostly normal except for high eosiniphilios and lactic acid.
High lactic acid points to thiamine deficiency. The end product of oxidative metabolism of glucose is supposed to be carbon dioxide; if thiamine is deficient, the end product is lactic acid.

High eosiniphilios: Eosinophilia: Definition, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
"Eosinophilia happens when your body produces an unusually high number of eosinophils. Eosinophils are one of several white blood cells that support your immune system. Sometimes, certain medical conditions and medications cause high eosinophil levels."
Association with Leaky Gut?
Leaky gut can be caused by a thiamine deficiency and can be healed by correcting that deficiency.

I just want to be able to walk down the street like normal people without being wrecked for a week with serotonin-like symptoms.
So if you were able to get through all that, i am looking for ideas. What mechanisms can i test that arent your basic bloodwork?
About blood tests: Thiamine Deficiency Testing: Understanding the Labs- Hormones Matter
and a video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVXFqiPDwE

and another one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3m3tbEGU0

yerrag

The high eosinophils is a big red flag.

Not surprising your doctors just can't do anything about it.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I understand that most people will doubt many things in this story, which is part of the reason it's hard to get help. Most doctors simply don't believe me, I'm convinced most people who hear this won't believe it. So please humor me and just pretend this is all true and accept that maybe freak occurrences like this do happen, and if you were in this situation, what would you do?

Ill try to write a quick version of this. In April of 2020 it all started with a powerful sudden case of restless leg syndrome in my right leg which was also felt in my right arm and sometimes my whole body. It was a horrible month until i found i was vitamin d deficient and upon taking prescribed 50,000iu of vitamin d I felt incredible relief. I continued taking 50,000iu for about a week and also took k2 and magnesium but was also taking loratadine for allergies and supplements with 5ht for sleeping problems. One night at 9pm i had a full on attack of some sort that lasted for 4 hours and fits the description of serotonin syndrome, yet i really have no confidence to say what it actually was. (super cold inside, body shaking, nausea, diarrhea, distorted vision, tinnitus on 1000 super loud and tense muscles all over, and the feeling that electricity was running through my brain and my heart about to bust open through my chest). I thought i was living the last minutes of my life the whole time, but after taking an ungodly amount of my sleeping supplement, eventually i fell asleep. The next night, after being reassured vitamin d couldn't hurt me, i took another 50,000iu pill and that night at the same time i had the same attack, this time i went to the ER. (I'm not blaming the vitamin d, i have no clue why it happened) They connected me to machines that monitor my brain and heart and showed me that the machine said absolutely nothing was wrong with either. they gave me a number to a psychiatrist and some xanax seemed to help a little but the damage was done. Now every single day i would get a slighly less intense version of this attack. i stopped taking vitamin d and after about a month i started to feel normal again. This was the beginning of my decline. Having no clue about anything health-related i started looking for answers online. Nothing i did gave me relief, i had no clue that what i put in my body could be causing it and thought only something i could put in my body would be able to fix it.

I lived this way for 9 months, having intense reactions randomly on a daily basis clueless as to why. Fighting suicidal thoughts daily. Went to south america and decided the sun could heal me. Thats when i realized the sun was one of the things that was causing these powerful reactions. I found this interesting because it was high vitamin d that i took initially when this all started. My 3rd attack happened 9 months later when i went under that powerful sun and had a delayed reaction. After about an hour under the sun, it wasn't until 10 pm when i was awakened from my sleep with the same exact attack i had on day 1. There is no question that the same thing just happened from the sun, that happened the day i took all that vitamin d and loratadine. I finally found Ray Peat forums after 9 months of looking for answers, came across the FPS course and it was the first time I had an idea of what was going on. Learning how to eat metabolically and avoid stress responses was a life-saving experience. I still have no clue what was wrong with me, but by paying attention to how things affected me, i quickly found that most proteins gave me a horrible reaction. I say reaction because these are not normal stress responses, the reactions are smaller versions of the full-fledged attack I had on day one.

So after a lot of trial n error, i found that most of what i was eating was causing these reactions. Even many supplements give me a powerful reaction. Calcium carbonate messes me up pretty bad. Most protein will give me a week-long reaction. I can only eat great lakes gelatin and only with a high amount of fresh OJ to avoid a stress response and Parmigiano Reggiano is my main source of fat except for when i have the carrot salad with coconut oil which does not cause reactions so i eat it daily. I finally reached the point where i can avoid reactions and now the only things i can eat are fresh squeezed OJ, cheese, and gelatin and coffee with honey. The only supplements i can use without a stress response is Solban from idea labs rubbed all over my gut since i gained 60 pounds being that the only thing that can calm my stress responses are massive amounts of OJ, but the solban does a great job of heating me up. It seems like anything i put in my stomach will cause a powerful reaction. Last time i tried even 400iu of vitamin d oil i had a weeklong reaction. Even vegetable broth of spinach and kale that i tried gave me a reaction. I believe tryptophan and calcium are causing reactions. The good news is my brain is working again and im able to work but my energy is still super limited, i can't be on my feet for more than a couple of hours without a stress response if I don't have enough OJ. I can get away with activity, but only with a bottle of OJ with me constantly feeding me sugar.

My brain is doing better today because i can go longer without a reaction to let my mind heal. But the bad news is that it feels like a window is closing on me. it feels like as time goes by, i become more reactive to more things. I used to be able to drink milk, supplement DHEA, have bone broth, and all the stuff i needed to heal, over time my body started reacting badly to those too. This is the part that scares me the most. By avoiding reactions my mind does heal, but my body seems to slowly change for the worse, not better.

oh and here is an interesting fact, when i get these reactions strong enough, they operate completely independent of my blood sugar and metabolism. The FPS course did a great job of teaching me how to support my thyroid function and balance blood sugar and avoid harmful substances, but when i get a powerful reaction, it doesn't matter how good my temperature is, the serotonin-like feelings just continue, even if my pulse and temp are perfect. I know it isn't adrenaline because of what i am consuming, the science says that my thyroid is functioning well.
And there lies the mystery, NOBODY even has a clue as to what could be the issue. my blood work is mostly normal except for high eosiniphilios and lactic acid. most stuff is normal. 17 doctors couldn't help me and 5 sent me to a psychiatrist. They bring up stuff like anxiety and fear of the sun, no, I do not suffer from any social fear, I love people, I love the sun *and enjoyed it on a tropical vacation only months before this happened., I am not seeking attention. Something happened to me and it may be a one-in-a-million case. Its been 2 and a half years and thanks to my high temps im able to maintain i can keep a positive mind and not really get depressed.

its been 2 and a half years now. I live indoors during the day and only go out at night and have to bring my OJ and cheese everywhere i go along with progesterone and activated charcoal which seem to be the only things that help me find relief from these strong reactions along with the OJ. I have to avoid sun exposure even through glass windows it can cause reactions. But i am worried that I'm not doing enough, this isn't going to fix itself, and I feel really embarrassed talking about it because most people just think I'm crazy because this doesn't fit anybody's medical expertise, but im done feeling embarrassed, im desperate and i have to find a way, i can't live like this. I just want to be able to walk down the street like normal people without being wrecked for a week with serotonin-like symptoms.

So if you were able to get through all that, i am looking for ideas. What mechanisms can i test that arent your basic bloodwork? What would you look for if this happened to you? Basic bloodwork seems pointless. I wish there were doctors like TV doctors that find a patient and try to find out what is wrong with them. I am willing to give up my life savings to fix this. But i am lost. When every doctor i talk to looks at me sideways. When everything they say will help me only gives me horrible reactions. Are there any organizations i can reach out too? Any special doctors who take on mysterious cases? I feel like im in the twilight zone sometimes. keeping high temps is preventing me from suicidal thoughts and is actually helping me find the energy to keep fighting and looking for solutions. if i can just get a professional to believe this is true, maybe I can get some direction on what to check my body for.

if you read all of this, thank you. ive been previously too embarassed and feeling stupid to ask for help. i think i have been traumatized by the look on doctors faces that i stopped asking around. but i dont have the luxury of not trying anymore, whatever this is, its not showing any signs of naturally being healed, even with the minimal diet of OJ gelatin and cheese and constantly having raised temperatures. im open to any suggestions.

You are not alone. For a couple of years, I've been trying to cope with similar symptoms. I just haven't seen a doctor because I know they won't be of any help, being in the medical field myself.

Nighttime seems to be the worst. I wake up sometimes with my whole body shivering or few muscles twitching annoyingly. Muscle twitches happen during the day too but not the whole body low level tremor.

Throughout the years, I kept saying, this is the problem, that is the problem, etc... It has happened so many times that I have become jaded.

I will share with you what has helped cope and relief symptoms.

1) cyproheptadine, 2mg for symptom relief. Can be repeated. It does help.
2) not overdosing D and balancing it with K2 and retinol
3) going outside, sun or not and grounding naturally. Touching trees, metals and concrete
4) minimizing very high emf exposure. Daytime exposure = messed up nights for me
5) caramel candy with cyproheptadine seems to help more. I keep both at bedside
6) making the decision that those symptoms will not prevent me from living my life
7) meditation (though can be difficult)
8) B-complex (idealabs or pure encapsulations)
9) thyroid as needed, don't overdo
10) 10 metoxyharmalan. This is new to me but it seems to be helping with serotonin symptoms.

Please be flexibles and know that things that exacerbated your condition in the past might not bow or in the future. Things that helped in the past might not now or in the future.

What seems to be constant is that those symptoms sound serotonergic and we have ways to mitigate that.

Stay strong and hopeful.

Thalgo

Could it be an infection, like Lyme, the great imitator? Since any improvements in immunity is followed by herxing

HeyThere

Can you think back and try to remember if anything happened the month or two before this time? Did you have any illnesses? Did you take any antibiotics?

Sounds like a nerve thing. Restless leg can be related to thiamine deficiency.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJxLymQn0s0

Loratadine? Have you researched the side effects of taking this long term? So you have allergies. Do you know if these are the run of the mill kind of thing? Do you have chemical sensitivities? What about food sensitivities? Have you been tested? The Alcat test is considered the "gold standard" for testing chemical and food sensitivities. I've been tested several times. It is very expensive. It told me that I was sensitive to pretty much everything. Well, duh. I already knew that. This points to gut issues. Leaky gut? I had that. Food molecules find their way into the bloodstream and the body becomes hypersensitive to them (=allergic reaction). It points to a thiamine deficiency because this deficiency can cause the gut and the blood/brain barrier to become compromised which makes you ultra sensitive to them.

5ht elevates serotonin. Been there, done that. Don't do that; it's really really bad for you. Thiamine lowers serotonin in the brain. If taken before 3:00pm it improves sleep. If taken later than that it will hamper sleep.

Probably. If you were taking the precursor 5-ht.

The electricity part of this points to a thiamine issue. Deficiency? Functional blockage? Here's an article: How Can Something As Simple As Thiamine Cause So Many Problems?- Hormones Matter

Lots and lots of 5-ht!

That's a lot of d. The effect of hypervitaminosis D and intoxication on haematological parameters - PubMed
How often were you taking this pill? Once or twice a week?

Great!!

I drink quite a bit of OJ too. But I stopped the coffee because it blocks thiamine function.

Sounds like the OJ (sugar) isn't being metabolized and instead is getting stored as fat. Thiamine is required to metabolize sugar. When my thiamine function was blocked (by taking some Bactrim antibiotic), I was living on 1% milk, gelatin, and OJ and I packed on 25 pounds in about 30 days.

Leaky gut?

also

Multiple food sensitivities from leaky gut?

High lactic acid points to thiamine deficiency. The end product of oxidative metabolism of glucose is supposed to be carbon dioxide; if thiamine is deficient, the end product is lactic acid.

High eosiniphilios: Eosinophilia: Definition, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
"Eosinophilia happens when your body produces an unusually high number of eosinophils. Eosinophils are one of several white blood cells that support your immune system. Sometimes, certain medical conditions and medications cause high eosinophil levels."
Association with Leaky Gut?
Leaky gut can be caused by a thiamine deficiency and can be healed by correcting that deficiency.

About blood tests: Thiamine Deficiency Testing: Understanding the Labs- Hormones Matter
and a video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVXFqiPDwE

and another one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3m3tbEGU0

I agree with this post, and I think bad reactions were to all those things you were taking.

mostlylurking

Another quick question (or two):
Do you have fillings in your teeth? Are any of them silver amalgam fillings? These have mercury in them and are very toxic. Did you have dental work prior to getting so sick?

Have you had any heavy metal exposure? Lived in any older buildings (built prior to 1970) while they were being renovated? Have you done any welding or been close to the fumes of welding? Stripped any old painted wood with chemical stripper? I'm sure there's other ways to get a load of heavy metal.... Oh, yeah... have you been exposed to dust particles in a work site that included working with pot metal and acid? Heavy metal toxicity, especially lead and mercury will massively increase your need for thiamine because these metals bond to the thiamine molecule and make it unavailable to the body. Heavy metal poisoning symptoms match exactly thiamine deficiency symptoms and high dose thiamine will resolve the symptoms of heavy metal poisoning.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Could it be an infection, like Lyme, the great imitator? Since any improvements in immunity is followed by herxing
Not sure about OP but for me...

I have tested for lyme and it was negative and I have no fillings with no dental work.
Herxing cannot possibly persist for so long, a couple of years in my case.
Also none of that chemical exposure and thiamine did not seem to help - got the expensive one too from Elliot.

Still suspecting EMF to be playing a large part of this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals