Strongest supplements to fall asleep fast?

OP
P

Peater503

Be very careful with that recommendation...Mg glycinate as well as GABA keep some people awake all night long...
Interesting, I have not heard of such testimonies for Mg / GABA before :hushed:

Like the different kinds of Mg I took did not help much, but they (thankfully) didn't have an opposite effect either for me personally.

No meat because the long digestion reduces sleep quality, right?

The thing with me is, I need to keep eating high calorie dinners at the moment to prevent overnight weight loss. Could I just indulge in anything low protein/fat + high carb for dinner?
Protein is for energy and it takes about six hours to digest it and even longer for others , so your liver cannot settle down for sleep still working to digest it. So avoiding heavy meats at night 5 to six hours before planned sleep is a great sleep strategy. Have your carbs and fat at night instead. I find breakfast for dinner a good option, and eggs, potatoes and other foods that make a body tired and sluggish.

OP
P

Peater503

Then you might look into using a grounding pillow. Check if your bed place is compromised by bad ‘earth energies’ or ‘noxious zones’. Read up on Dr. Ernst Hartmann, a German doctor, who do s covered the ‘Hartmann Grid’ and Dr. Manfred Curry, an American doctor who lived in Germany and discovered the ‘Curry Grid’.

Then you can buy an EarthPulse device, place the electromagnet under the mattress close to the head. It has a sleep program that produces magnetic pulses which stimulate brain waves that occur during sleep. It has a timer and it wakes you up! Amazing.
How does one check for bad ‘earth energies’ or ‘noxious zones’ ?

OP
P

Peater503

I have the Earth Pulse device......shelved, it did nothing for the quality of my sleep. Tried every program, every which way, and sleep quality was no better. A lot of hyperbolic claims on their website, none that I experienced. I have a EMF canopy and a grounding mat that seems to work good for me, along with many of the supplements talked about in the previous posts. This was just my experience with the Earth Pulse, maybe other people's were more positive.
Thank you for sharing!

OP
P

Peater503

Protein is for energy and it takes about six hours to digest it and even longer for others , so your liver cannot settle down for sleep still working to digest it. So avoiding heavy meats at night 5 to six hours before planned sleep is a great sleep strategy. Have your carbs and fat at night instead. I find breakfast for dinner a good option, and eggs, potatoes and other foods that make a body tired and sluggish.
Thank you!

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Good luck and please keep us updated on the progress ! :)
Thank you, will do, man!
Mini-update: It's hard to say whether it is due to the L-Histidine, but I've been taking 4 grams (2 grams in the morning, 2 in the afternoon) of L-Histidine on empty stomach for 3 days and I've slept very well. My girlfriend reported that I was out immediately when we went to bed and normally she is the one to fall asleep first.
ATTENTION: It IS very important to take some ZINC with L-Histidine, because L-Histidine depletes Zinc. I take 100mg of zinc for the L-Histidine.
Hopefully sleep stays that way and hopefully L-Histidine can improve my digestion and stomach acid too.

Will keep you updated. :)

Last edited:

Rush Bio

Forum Supporter
Then you might look into using a grounding pillow. Check if your bed place is compromised by bad ‘earth energies’ or ‘noxious zones’. Read up on Dr. Ernst Hartmann, a German doctor, who do s covered the ‘Hartmann Grid’ and Dr. Manfred Curry, an American doctor who lived in Germany and discovered the ‘Curry Grid’.

Then you can buy an EarthPulse device, place the electromagnet under the mattress close to the head. It has a sleep program that produces magnetic pulses which stimulate brain waves that occur during sleep. It has a timer and it wakes you up! Amazing.
For everyone's information, the EarthPulse might be great. I ordered one about 1-1/2 years ago and nothing came. Only excuses about constant delays in manufacturing. I searched other sites about the company that makes the Earthpulse and they have a poor record of customer service and in my opinion they are a fraud company. I asked for my money back guarantee, but I lost my money and never got the machine I ordered. So beware of this particular company.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
For everyone's information, the EarthPulse might be great. I ordered one about 1-1/2 years ago and nothing came. Only excuses about constant delays in manufacturing. I searched other sites about the company that makes the Earthpulse and they have a poor record of customer service and in my opinion they are a fraud company. I asked for my money back guarantee, but I lost my money and never got the machine I ordered. So beware of this particular company.
What a shame!!! :(
I'm feeling for you.
Thank you for your warning!

Jennifer

Thank you. I've been trying NDT with warm milk + maple syrup before bed for a few weeks now. Helps a bit, but still takes too long to get into that restful, sleepy state.

You’re welcome. :) Out of curiosity, is your NDT standardized and/or have you seen a rise in your temp and pulse rate since you began supplementing it? I ask because people often use the term NDT for both standardized thyroid extract and over the counter glandulars that aren’t standardized so with the latter, the T4 and T3 content can vary greatly from batch to batch, which is why if we contact the companies making OTC glandular supplements, they can’t tell us how many micrograms of T4 and T3 are in their products. I’m an outlier where I was chronically hypothyroid but struggled to keep weight on and after I finally convinced my doctor to prescribe me standardized NDT, I no longer needed an extreme amount of calories for my size and activity level to maintain my weight, similar to Ray’s experience when he started supplementing thyroid, and since making some dietary changes, I was able to come off thyroid.

S.Holmes

Haha, I sure hope it does ! I was told this about cyproheptadine too, but somehow I'm an exception to the apparently strong sedative effects since I took 20mg daily for a week straight and almost nothing :)
I'm hearing antihistamines don't work for everyone and can cause insomnia so keep that in mind if you try the DS. Also, do a search on the forum for posts by @burtlancast "iodine insomnia." I found those helpful.

Gawdawg

Thank you. Are you recommending this from experience? How powerful would you rate Glycine as a sedative from 0-10?

I tried magnesium glycinate, but I assume taking Glycine in higher doses itself could be more effective?
From experience. I'll give it an 8. It may vary from person to person. Give it a go for 5 nights.

From experience. I'll give it an 8. It may vary from person to person. Give it a go for 5 nights.
I don’t think taking a supplement on a regular basis is healthy strategy in the long run, just sayin….

“...While the sugar-and-insulin angle has shown promise, more of the research has focused on dietary protein—or, specifically, individual amino acids that make up that protein. Studies have shown that the restriction of the amino acids serine and glycine can modulate cancer outcomes.”

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Thank you. I have tried all of these except GABA; would you say it's potent enough to make it worth trying for me?
Worth a shot. I always prefer to use compounds the body recognises before stronger stuff.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
What a disappointment!! I bought one through a friend of mine, and two others through eBay.

Dave Clark

What a disappointment!! I bought one through a friend of mine, and two others through eBay.
Everybody is different, some people say they feel a difference, but I did not, and it did not help my sleep. I would just try all the various programs, you ight find one you like. I almost did not buy it, because when a company has a hyperbole of claims, etc., it sends up a red flag for me. But, I gambled it, and of course, this was years ago before PEMF was really much known about.

Gawdawg

Thank you. Are you recommending this from experience? How powerful would you rate Glycine as a sedative from 0-10?

I tried magnesium glycinate, but I assume taking Glycine in higher doses itself could be more effective?
A regimen I've been experimenting with since 12/26/2023 is using 5 drops StressNon, 5 drops Pansterone, and 5 drops Calcirol at bedtime. The results have been significantly positive. Besides a more restful sleep, I've experienced more vivid dreams.

biggirlkisss

seroqul will hit very hard first time i got it sleep 17 hours. You can build tolerance and need more though. Heads up

OP
P

Peater503

Thank you, will do, man!
Mini-update: It's hard to say whether it is due to the L-Histidine, but I've been taking 4 grams (2 grams in the morning, 2 in the afternoon) of L-Histidine on empty stomach for 3 days and I've slept very well. My girlfriend reported that I was out immediately when we went to bed and normally she is the one to fall asleep first.
ATTENTION: It IS very important to take some ZINC with L-Histidine, because L-Histidine depletes Zinc. I take 100mg of zinc for the L-Histidine.
Hopefully sleep stays that way and hopefully L-Histidine can improve my digestion and stomach acid too.

Will keep you updated. :)
Wow, very promising results so far ! 👀👀

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals