I Cured My Insomnia By Minimizing EMF Exposure

FredSonoma

What are you measuring with? The DC version is advertised for ghost hunting actually. But to be honest it didn't even detect my own body in any of the settings (they sent it to me by accident instead of trifield).

Oh okay, did it detect anything near outlets or wiring? I have a Cornet.

Did it seem to consistently pick up something from anything? Or was it just completely dead? Or was it just random?

The magnetic setting would pick up Earth's field, and change very slightly near the body or metal objects, the electric setting I think would go a bit near cables, the microwave setting is identical to the AC trifield. Really anything harmful in your house will be at 50 or 60Hz... why get the blue version that is more expensive, by the way? Also, DC magnetic field you can easily measure with your smartphone.

FredSonoma

The magnetic setting would pick up Earth's field, and change very slightly near the body or metal objects, the electric setting I think would go a bit near cables, the microwave setting is identical to the AC trifield. Really anything harmful in your house will be at 50 or 60Hz... why get the blue version that is more expensive, by the way? Also, DC magnetic field you can easily measure with your smartphone.
Idk man I just bought it, didn't think it through lol. I still think it is not picking up something in certain areas that I feel in my body.

FredSonoma

This is what I have Amazon.com: Cornet ED78S EMF RF Meter ElectroMagnetic Detector (2016): Home Improvement

Also, the magnetic picks up a field in many, many places

Dam lol, okay I have no idea what the difference is. I'm looking for 50-60 hz what? Or what am I looking for? I thought RF and magnetic were the two biggest problems

Yeah the one you have covers all of that

What is the 50-60 Hz thing you were talking about? That's covered in the electric field meter? There isn't something else I should buy?

It's covered by the one you have. What are you planning to measure?

When I went camping I thought I would have a hell of a time falling asleep without the various gadgets I have to entertain me and without my comfy bed but it was the best sleep I had ever gotten and I found it so easy to take naps which I had never been able to do. There's definitely something to this.

I knew a guy whose job was to go around fixing peoples EMF situations and he said that invisible EMF like from cell phone towers and wifi has the same effect on the cells in your eyes as visible light and you might as well be staring at a light when you're exposed to that stuff. He said the cells in your eyes are sensitive to electromagnetic frequencies and are still getting triggered even when you can't see.

Tarmander

When I went camping I thought I would have a hell of a time falling asleep without the various gadgets I have to entertain me and without my comfy bed but it was the best sleep I had ever gotten and I found it so easy to take naps which I had never been able to do. There's definitely something to this.

I knew a guy whose job was to go around fixing peoples EMF situations and he said that invisible EMF like from cell phone towers and wifi has the same effect on the cells in your eyes as visible light and you might as well be staring at a light when you're exposed to that stuff. He said the cells in your eyes are sensitive to electromagnetic frequencies and are still getting triggered even when you can't see.

Interesting explanation...I don't think it's quite accurate but might be a good layman explanation.

OP
S

seeyeff

If you trip the circuit breaker... you will also be in the dark. You sure this isn't what's doing the trick?

Not certain, but I doubt it because I've been pretty good about keeping things dark and limiting the remaining visible light to red light for years now — (my bedroom, bathroom [and even my refrigerator!] have red light bulbs which I use after sunset— my neighbors must think I'm up to something freaky), but it never solved the problem.

Also, the insomnia problem regularly persisted even after the point where I turned off all my lights and I would lie in bed waiting to fall asleep. I could lie in bed in the dark for hours before falling asleep.

The only theory that makes sense to me is that the visible lights were off but the invisible EMF was not "off".

OP
S

seeyeff

That's basically how it makes sense to me in my head. It's probably not just our eyes — our entire body is sensitive to light via our skin, as we here probably all know from learning about Vitamin D and sunlight and from learning about the biologically active properties of red light.

It's not that much of a stretch to assume that the invisible sections of the electromagnetic spectrum might have similar effects.

And the human body never had to adapt to this kind of EMF exposure because it never existed up until about a century ago when electricity started to become common place.

You know how when you drive away from a city at night you can see a glowing "aura" of light pollution around it for miles? I envision something like that except for EMF pollution and, unfortunately, it's invisible to the eye.

OP
S

seeyeff

This idea that household level EMF is highly disruptive seems like it should be rather easy to demonstrate via animal experiments. Has it been? Color me skeptical.

I mean, I see the rat melatonin thing linked above, but that's not a whole lot to go on. If it's as big a deal as these people are claiming park some rats next to a field and prove elevated mortality. Has this been done?

Sure, the experiments should be easy to perform, but you've got to remember that even if/when someone conducts a study showing negative effects, to get the word out they have to go up against the entire telecom industry and the government agencies and health organizations they've undoubtedly lobbied.

Consider the implications: If cellphone radiation causes cancer or any other serious health problems, and the telecoms like Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile have built and construct cell towers which are irradiating tens (maybe hundreds) of millions of people who live near them. What happens if the health damage is acknowledged and they become culpable for the health damage it has caused and is causing?

This liability would destroy these companies. So you have to be that they will do everything in their power to delay that inevitability and to protect themselves physically and financially from ever having to face the consequences. You better believe that those "protections" are in the fine print of your devices and their construction contracts already. In fact, that's one of the commonly stated observations from these activists — that the manufacturers themselves already state in their fine print that you should never place the device within an inch of your body.

Regardless, here are a couple of presentations on youtube that give a rundown of some of the scientific studies: