Strongest supplements to fall asleep fast?

Schizophonia

I'd say, some drugs are a trap and some are a crutch. ;-) Crutches help you to walk until you are you can walk on your own. ;-)
The logic is attractive but it's more complicated than that. It may be different for you but even an antihistamine is guaranteed to hamper my future ability to fall asleep without it.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
I have the Earth Pulse device......shelved, it did nothing for the quality of my sleep. Tried every program, every which way, and sleep quality was no better. A lot of hyperbolic claims on their website, none that I experienced. I have a EMF canopy and a grounding mat that seems to work good for me, along with many of the supplements talked about in the previous posts. This was just my experience with the Earth Pulse, maybe other people's were more positive.
Thanks alot, Dave!

Brian Douglas

Need something very potent that will knock me out so I can fall asleep at a reasonable time, preferably a natural substance(s), but if you know of any strong synthetics, please mention those too.

I tried CBD melatonin once, and that stuff was pretty decent. But I thought I should try asking on here as many of you probably have better/more effective suggestions.

Also tried high-dosage cyproheptadine (main reason was to boost appetite/gain weight), but it did not make me sleepy whatsoever for some reason.

Please no suggestions for lifestyle changes or generally light stuff like spices/teas/extracts/etc. I tried it all; just need something reliable to get the job done :)
Somatomax by Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals. You'll sleep like the dead.

Don

Oh yeah no television or cell phone before bed is really helpful for me too, and surprisingly Ray Peat’s suggestion of leaving a nightlight on works wonders to keep me asleep.
what colour is your nightlight and how close is it to you ? Thanks

what colour is your nightlight and how close is it to you ? Thanks
I just use the shower light in my bathroom, which is incandescent, and I leave the bathroom door open. I also leave my sheer blinds open at night so the sun peeks in in the morning.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Somatomax by Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals. You'll sleep like the dead.
Very interesting advice, thank you.
I researched Somatomax and I found that it has Phenibut in it, which is said to be addictive if you take it every day. (Phenibut is said to be safe if you only take it every other day or only 2 times a week or so).
Do you take Somatomax every night or only as an emergency sleep aid? Thank you and have an awesome 2024!

Dave Clark

I researched Somatomax and I found that it has Phenibut in it, which is said to be addictive if you take it every day. (Phenibut is said to be safe if you only take it every other day or only 2 times a week or so).
Do you take Somatomax every night or only as an emergency sleep aid? Thank you and have an awesome 2024!
How about the hangover? I used it years ago, and it did work, but when I woke up I was groggy and felt like I had a hangover. Then I read the things you mentioned, and decided to stop using it. I guess I would use it occasionally if I was desperate for sleep, but even if it was safe to use every day, I didn't like the morning after feel. I have read others report that, as well.

sunny

Stop trying to drug yourself and get a set of blue light blockers to put on after sunset. Make sure they're the red lensed ones. No work 2 hours before bed. No screens 1 hour before. Red lights only 1 hour before (or candles)
I would add to this, getting up at daybreak and getting outside to expose your eyes, and skin if temperature permits, to the natural light cycles of the sun. Barefoot and grounding if temperature allows.

Brian Douglas

I don't take it every day, only on occasion. Straight Phenibut gives me wacko dreams. I used to sell Somatomax & couldn't keep it on the shelves as it works so well. I've never encountered anyone addicted to Phenibut but dosing is everything. Have a great 2024 yourself!

OP
P

Peater503

No meat 6 hours before bedtime and a spoonful of raw honey at bedtime, or sugar salt water…

No meat because the long digestion reduces sleep quality, right?

The thing with me is, I need to keep eating high calorie dinners at the moment to prevent overnight weight loss. Could I just indulge in anything low protein/fat + high carb for dinner?

OP
P

Peater503

Not a super strong "quick-fix", but 300mg magnesium glycinate with dinner, followed by 500-1000mg GABA half an hour before bed, making sure you also 2-4 tablespoons of honey or similar amount of other carb close to bed time. Pregnenolone during the day also helps. You can also tru 200mg theanine with 500mg GABA, instead of only GABA. These all work well if other lifestyle factors are in place.
Thank you. I have tried all of these except GABA; would you say it's potent enough to make it worth trying for me?

OP
P

Peater503

For supplements, Progest-E or thyroid (T4/T3). For food, a chunk of cheese with honey or a mug of warm cider, a glass of warm milk, a hot cocoa with marshmallows/collagen or a bowl of ice cream.
Thank you. I've been trying NDT with warm milk + maple syrup before bed for a few weeks now. Helps a bit, but still takes too long to get into that restful, sleepy state.

OP
P

Peater503

It can knock you out all night and the next day too. I take about a 4th of a tablet. So maybe start low and work up to a dose that works for you.
Haha, I sure hope it does ! I was told this about cyproheptadine too, but somehow I'm an exception to the apparently strong sedative effects since I took 20mg daily for a week straight and almost nothing :)

OP
P

Peater503

I want to try L-Histidine next for sleep. Since the anti-histamines Benadryl and Doxylamin Succinate do not work for me personally to initiate sleep and since I read an interesting thread by user redsun about different histamine types of people, I've come to the conclusion that I have too low histidine levels (that would also explain my bad digestion and acid reflux issues), so the histamine-decreasing sleep agents Benadryl and Doxylamin Succinate do not work for me personally (at least that is one possible explanation, but of course, I could be wrong here).
I also found a few testimonials on Reddit and Amazon that for some people Histidine (AS a pre-cursor for Histamine) really worked for sleep in people that seemingly had Histamine deficiency. Will keep you updated.

Other than that I have used Melatonin and Valerian Drops with variying grades of success.
Good luck and please keep us updated on the progress ! :)

OP
P

Peater503

300mg Glycine an hour before bed.
Thank you. Are you recommending this from experience? How powerful would you rate Glycine as a sedative from 0-10?

I tried magnesium glycinate, but I assume taking Glycine in higher doses itself could be more effective?

Last edited:
OP
P

Peater503

Every drugs are a trap.
I would say 99% yeah, but you have to weigh out the pros and the cons with each, and in desperate situations they can be better than continuing to suffer helplessly, in my opinion.

OP
P

Peater503

Strong blue blocking glasses after 7pm.
A warm glass of milk with (A LOT) of honey or maple syrup.
BOOMZzzzzzz.....
Thank you. Tried this, helps a bit but still takes far too long to fall asleep :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals