Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

xetawaves

@xetawaves how goes it?

I may jump back on prog real quick... shedding a lot today....

Everything seems about the same. I've taken MB a few times since I got it. I don't really notice much other than a very mild headchange. I'm really hoping it clears up my seb derm.

Mates, masturbating is probably the worst for hair shedding that I've ever personally experienced. I think until that is limited everything is a up hill battle. My 2cents

Last year I kept coming across stories of men regrowing hair with nofap. I did it for a month and my hair diffused so badly. I will never ever do nofap again lol

I’m gonna be honest I don’t think progesterone does anything for hair.
I think you are right sir, it does nothing for hair growth directly. But it should stops hair loss, though.
Prog calms down estrogens and endocannabinoids effects on hairgrowth inhibitors in the scalp, so it should stop shedding.

Mates, masturbating is probably the worst for hair shedding that I've ever personally experienced. I think until that is limited everything is a up hill battle. My 2cents
You should catch the cum and apply the semen to your scrotum or scalp to feed back the hormones. There is progesterone in there. lol

xetawaves

I've noticed that most of the hairs I'm shedding are thicker, short hairs. Like barely an inch long.

Progesterone

Everything seems about the same. I've taken MB a few times since I got it. I don't really notice much other than a very mild headchange. I'm really hoping it clears up my seb derm.

Last year I kept coming across stories of men regrowing hair with nofap. I did it for a month and my hair diffused so badly. I will never ever do nofap again lol

Yeah, it's subtle like I said... depending on dosage.

What dosages have you tried? Do you drop directly on tongue?

Well ***t.... I've been doing onfap for awhile now... maybe I should stop, lol.

xetawaves

Yeah, it's subtle like I said... depending on dosage.

What dosages have you tried? Do you drop directly on tongue?

Well ***t.... I've been doing onfap for awhile now... maybe I should stop, lol.

I've just been testing it out and have taken around 3mg so far in the past couple days. Tomorrow I'm starting 5mg a day. I've dropped it directly on my tongue a couple times and then mixed with water the other 2 times.Couldn't really tell a difference.

As far as nofap goes, some guys really have luck with it. I unfortunately didn't. I could literally feel how high my androgens were and my hair shed terribly.

I've noticed that most of the hairs I'm shedding are thicker, short hairs. Like barely an inch long.
Thick hairs are the result of DHT's action on hair growth factors and IGF-1.
When the hair falls out prematurely, it could mean follicle miniaturization caused by the same growth factors.
I guess, you have a relatively high testosterone, low SHBG, low progesterone.
When you have low estrogen via Aromatze inhibition but high DHT, SHBG will go down and DHT accumulates in tissue like the scalp because it is not excreted via competitive SHBG binding.
So in theory you should profit from, progesterone + 5AR inhibitor + aromatase inhibitor.
Take progesterone orally, drink licorice tea and black tea and also apply them to your scalp with some olive oil and coffee.

xetawaves

Thick hairs are the result of DHT's action on hair growth factors and IGF-1.
When the hair falls out prematurely, it could mean follicle miniaturization caused by the same growth factors.
I guess, you have a relatively high testosterone, low SHBG, low progesterone.
When you have low estrogen via Aromatze inhibition but high DHT, SHBG will go down and DHT accumulates in tissue like the scalp because it is not excreted via competitive SHBG binding.
So in theory you should profit from, progesterone + 5AR inhibitor + aromatase inhibitor.
Take progesterone orally, drink licorice tea and black tea and also apply them to your scalp with some olive oil and coffee.

Why take it orally? Doesn't the body only get 10% of what I'm actually taking when consumed orally? Seems like a waste.

Why take it orally? Doesn't the body only get 10% of what I'm actually taking when consumed orally? Seems like a waste.
Well, I mean it seems more of use systematically then topical coz licorice functions as progestrone mimic.
so taking prog orally should leave more pregnenolone to convert to DHEA, was my reasoning.
anyhow dont through it away, hehe

I wonder how many aromatase inhibitors you are using?
Coz my thinking is you should also reduce some DHT to keep T sand SHBG stable, with AI's.
So when you use 2 AI's, also use 1 5AR...

Dhair

I think you guys need to start focusing less on the shedding and more on the actual quality of your hair. Is it shiny and thick or dry? Is it "laying down" or does it stick up?
Also, why rub progesterone on your arms? Why not the scalp? Ray Peat knew men who regrew hair by using this method. It would obviously be more direct.
I would be interested to hear from someone on TRT who is using progesterone. I think it would be harder for progesterone to neutralize testosterone when T is not being produced endogenously.

xetawaves

Me and my roommates threw a party the other night and I had a few beers. My scalp is itching like hell and I'm shedding pretty bad this morning. I'm gonna avoid alcohol completely from now on.

I wonder how many aromatase inhibitors you are using?
Coz my thinking is you should also reduce some DHT to keep T sand SHBG stable, with AI's.
So when you use 2 AI's, also use 1 5AR...

I don't take any AIs as far as I know. Aren't those prescription meds?

I think you guys need to start focusing less on the shedding and more on the actual quality of your hair. Is it shiny and thick or dry? Is it "laying down" or does it stick up?
Also, why rub progesterone on your arms? Why not the scalp? Ray Peat knew men who regrew hair by using this method. It would obviously be more direct.
I would be interested to hear from someone on TRT who is using progesterone. I think it would be harder for progesterone to neutralize testosterone when T is not being produced endogenously.

There's absolutely no way I would apply this sticky ***t to my scalp everyday lol

Progesterone

I am back on prog. Took 100mg last night in veggie capsule (orally).

Just not sure if I'll take it daily or EOD.

I feel like my hair is turning might lighter in color being OFF Prog... that isn't good.

xetawaves

I am back on prog. Took 100mg last night in veggie capsule (orally).

Just not sure if I'll take it daily or EOD.

I feel like my hair is turning might lighter in color being OFF Prog... that isn't good.

I've been thinking about taking 100mg orally eod since it seemed to work for that guy and his friend. I don't have any veggie caps, but wouldn't just taking the drops work the same? The veggie caps bust almost immediately anyways once they hit the stomach.

Progesterone

I've been thinking about taking 100mg orally eod since it seemed to work for that guy and his friend. I don't have any veggie caps, but wouldn't just taking the drops work the same? The veggie caps bust almost immediately anyways once they hit the stomach.

So do the prescription caps (they are actually only Gelatin) but it's a powder, and no Vit E...

Like I said, I get different (delayed) effects from using it orally; vs topically. Simple experiment would be to take 100mg dropped directly in mouth before bed. Then next night, take it orally in capsule.

They always say, fin is best when taken internally VS topically. Just something to think about.

At this point I would rather try to emulate what worked for others.

xetawaves

@haidut are there any differences in taking prescription progesterone pills vs say a progesterone oil blend or the progesterone from idealabs orally or topically?

xetawaves

I might try and keep taking it for a couple more days to see what happens. It could just be a coincidence. Honestly, I don't see why it would accelerate hair loss. Why is it so hard for men to regrow a bit of hair ffs

Luckytype

A better question to ask beyond all of these supplemental things is:

How many here have good androgen function, good thyroid function with low stress markers and still are losing hair?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals