PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY

tallglass13

@tara..huh???
We all have listened to ray peat actually talking, and he says he eats OJ ,fruit ,cheese,eggs , butter and coconut oil for cooking... aren't these facts?
I hope he calls his diet book "The Ray Peat diet plan for weight loss"..pretty accurate
but then again I'm just noting advertising context of this thread...

tallglass13

I just don't understand why when someone is having success with what they have learned on this whole website , including the ray peat website, how can he be criticized so closely, on each and every detail, when Ray peat himself says it's not about a diet per se, but about specific Foods that stimulate the metabolic rate... And this gentleman has taking what he has learned and heard Ray peat say, and tweak it to his liking and is experiencing success... The man feels great, he's losing weight, I just don't understand the negativity

aquaman

The OP doesn’t even understand the relevance of body temperature and pulse. Never heard of aspirin or niacinaminde. He literally knows nothing about Ray Peat.

He’s now eating high fat and got some short term weight loss. WOOOHOOOO!

Everyone immediately start 60% fat and high sugar!!!! You’ll lose weight instantly !!!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

The OP doesn’t even understand the relevance of body temperature and pulse. Never heard of aspirin or niacinaminde. He literally knows nothing about Ray Peat.

He’s now eating high fat and got some short term weight loss. WOOOHOOOO!

Everyone immediately start 60% fat and high sugar!!!! You’ll lose weight instantly !!!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!
thanks faceless winner....I have posted my results eating all the foods I learned by listening to Ray peat. I have read a ton of his articles on watched a ton of interviews...Just because I havent measured my temps and pulse and am not on drugs and a fat **** like the majority of the people on here...doesnt mean I cant have success and want to share it with people..I thought this site slash forum was for open minded people and rebels like Peat and most of us here...As I wrote before Im not a forum guy not an intellectual Just a fat **** middle age guy who turned it around.....and havina a blast!!! I wont respond anymore nor defend my fun results ...
Chris Rocco nyc

grenade

I don’t understand the criticisms here.

Ray Peat himself was quoted in saying that you can safely consume over 50% of your calories in fat if it was almost all saturated. I can’t find where the quote came from atm since I’m sitting on the toilet at work, but it’s been thrown around so many times, I probably won’t get crucified for not finding the source.

@tara he’s eating fatty cuts of beef, milk, butter, cheese, coconut oil, fruits, sugar, and soda. That’s what so many other people on this board are eating, except he’s eating more fats and less carbohydrates. And he’s losing weight. I don’t see the need to be concerned.

I’d love to see @kreeese ‘s data for his temps and pulse too. Maybe they’re optimal, maybe they’re not. I was eating all the “Peat” foods for a while and couldn’t get the optimal temps and pulse unless I was eating so much that I put on weight. I’m 50lbs of pure fat heavier and my temps are only a little better. Only exception was when I went fat free, which wreaked havoc on my intestines, caused gas like I’ve never experienced in my entire life, and gave me small blisters all over my fingers and feet. But hey, I ate up to 3500 calories a day at 75% carbs and didn’t gain weight.

Maybe @kreeese found something that can work for others in reducing bodyfat while improving the metabolism. The first few pages of this thread try to identify the mechanisms in which that happen. Or maybe he’s dead wrong and is ruining his health in the process.

If eating “Peaty” foods and erring with more fats in place of some carbs is working for him, then I think it provides us with something to investigate, and subsequently, value.

“I don’t have an eating plan, other than to be perceptive and to learn about your physiology, so that you can adjust things to your needs. Any craving is a good starting point, because we have several biological mechanisms for correcting specific nutritional deficiencies. When something is interfering with your ability to use sugar, you crave it because if you don’t eat it you will waste protein to make it.” -Ray Peat, PhD

“The true method of knowledge is experiment.” -William Blake

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I just don't understand why when someone is having success with what they have learned on this whole website , including the ray peat website, how can he be criticized so closely, on each and every detail, when Ray peat himself says it's not about a diet per se, but about specific Foods that stimulate the metabolic rate... And this gentleman has taking what he has learned and heard Ray peat say, and tweak it to his liking and is experiencing success... The man feels great, he's losing weight, I just don't understand the negativity
Thanks I truly appreciate this...Im just having fun and sharing what works for me after discovering mixing sugar with fat and eating all the foods Ray Peat has recommended thats all!!!! hahaaa

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Good Morning! well Im down almost another pound today after raising my calories and fat and sugar yesterday another 500 calories from tuesday..I dont count anything but I do track on cronometer and fitness pal....Its been blowing me away when I raise calories I lose scale and fat weight...yesterday finished the day at almost 3100 cals and couldnt be happier!! No hunger zero willpower eating the foods of my teenage years and never looking back!!

aquaman

thanks faceless winner....I have posted my results eating all the foods I learned by listening to Ray peat. I have read a ton of his articles on watched a ton of interviews...Just because I havent measured my temps and pulse and am not on drugs and a fat **** like the majority of the people on here...doesnt mean I cant have success and want to share it with people..I thought this site slash forum was for open minded people and rebels like Peat and most of us here...As I wrote before Im not a forum guy not an intellectual Just a fat **** middle age guy who turned it around.....and havina a blast!!! I wont respond anymore nor defend my fun results ...
Chris Rocco nyc

I wasn’t attacking you, congrats on your success. It’s great you found something that works for you.

I was commenting on this forum always looking for the magic bullet. No consistency, no basics, just searching for that one piece of magic information that will make everything perfect. We’ve seen hundreds of these short term success posts that get jumped on for a month, half the forum radically shifts their diet and supplements for a few weeks, get no results, and go searching for the next one to try.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I don’t understand the criticisms here.

Ray Peat himself was quoted in saying that you can safely consume over 50% of your calories in fat if it was almost all saturated. I can’t find where the quote came from atm since I’m sitting on the toilet at work, but it’s been thrown around so many times, I probably won’t get crucified for not finding the source.

@tara he’s eating fatty cuts of beef, milk, butter, cheese, coconut oil, fruits, sugar, and soda. That’s what so many other people on this board are eating, except he’s eating more fats and less carbohydrates. And he’s losing weight. I don’t see the need to be concerned.

I’d love to see @kreeese ‘s data for his temps and pulse too. Maybe they’re optimal, maybe they’re not. I was eating all the “Peat” foods for a while and couldn’t get the optimal temps and pulse unless I was eating so much that I put on weight. I’m 50lbs of pure fat heavier and my temps are only a little better. Only exception was when I went fat free, which wreaked havoc on my intestines, caused gas like I’ve never experienced in my entire life, and gave me small blisters all over my fingers and feet. But hey, I ate up to 3500 calories a day at 75% carbs and didn’t gain weight.

Maybe @kreeese found something that can work for others in reducing bodyfat while improving the metabolism. The first few pages of this thread try to identify the mechanisms in which that happen. Or maybe he’s dead wrong and is ruining his health in the process.

If eating “Peaty” foods and erring with more fats in place of some carbs is working for him, then I think it provides us with something to investigate, and subsequently, value.

“I don’t have an eating plan, other than to be perceptive and to learn about your physiology, so that you can adjust things to your needs. Any craving is a good starting point, because we have several biological mechanisms for correcting specific nutritional deficiencies. When something is interfering with your ability to use sugar, you crave it because if you don’t eat it you will waste protein to make it.” -Ray Peat, PhD

“The true method of knowledge is experiment.” -William Blake
Exactly...you hit it all on the head...just perfect! I will continue experimenting with this new way of eating "for me" I will give it some more months at least till june...so many great points you made and yes I also read Ray having no problem with a higher saturated fat diet...I hit 60% yesterday really upping my coc. oil intake....stuff is magic!!!
thanks again for your valuable insight!!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

I wasn’t attacking you, congrats on your success. It’s great you found something that works for you.

I was commenting on this forum always looking for the magic bullet. No consistency, no basics, just searching for that one piece of magic information that will make everything perfect. We’ve seen hundreds of these short term success posts that get jumped on for a month, half the forum radically shifts their diet and supplements for a few weeks, get no results, and go searching for the next one to try.
ahhh gotya...My apologies! This is why I hate forums lol I misunderstood you completely...and yes I agree with you about people searching for a magic bullet a fancy supplement
totally agree man...have a great day...its freakin freezing this morning in ny...! coc. oil definitely warms ya up!

YourUniverse

Advertising context of thread noted.

If/when you write a book, I hope you will not be calling your diet 'The Ray Peat Diet' unless you get his explicit endorsement of this usage. I don't like misattributions (they can confuse people), and neither does he, from what I can tell.

What, you don't think all the shouting and exclamation marks is something to do with stress, do you? :)

Eating sugar is not always the only thing necessary to limit stress hormones, and 200g is pretty low carbs for a 6'2" middle-aged male.

On some interpretation ...

3000 - 4000 calories may well be what it takes for OP to run a healthy metabolism and temperature; more could be needed to build more muscle.

If he's losing weight he's apparently not eating more than he can use, and if his reports are accurate, he's not gaining fat ATM.

Well, we do metabolise (oxidise, glycolyse(?)) it to produce energy for chemical, electrical, mechanical, and heat energy.
I like your more complex picture of various things that could be going on.

Or less.

Temps are usually more responsive, pulse likely to lag, so temps could be worth tracking for a bit.
The Great and Powerful tara.

I think it comes down to interpretation, as tara said. Certainly every single food kreese eats is recommended by Ray, BUT Dr. Peat is also on record recommending lower fat, that whole milk could cause weight gain (because of fat content) and etc.

The reason pulse and temps are important here in MY opinion is because, although theres sugar being eaten (more than the ketogenic threshold), it is STILL somewhere in that high fat/keto grey zone, and the implication of those types of diets is the need for HIGH CORTISOL (ie. high temperature and low pulse... something kreese has already alluded to) to convert fat to usable energy and this ALONE is against what Peat writes about. Peat is about managing the stress hormones to the best of ones ability, and eating resiliency-producing foods (like the saturated fats and the sugars and caffeines).

Now there is still yet no hard "proof" of cortisol or any of that, so Id like to assume the stress hormones are in fact kept LOW. Ok, based on that, why is this diet working? I theorize it has a lot to do with the saturated fat blocking the harmful effects of PUFA much like vitamin E or aspirin would (OP mentioned he takes neither), and the benefits COULD, theoretically, cease once excess PUFA is burned - if this is the case, this diet is great for this person and others with similar symptoms. Stamp of approval, IMO!

edit: still like to know temps and pulse tho lol

Last edited:

tallglass13

Pear recommend sugar over starches...so Kreeese is following that recommendation and only eating sugars, plus the other Ray peat recommended Foods... This is the ray peat diet if there ever was one...so he's probably losing a lot of visceral fat, just as the study haidut posted...

YourUniverse

Pear recommend sugar over starches...so Kreeese is following that recommendation and only eating sugars, plus the other Ray peat recommended Foods... This is the ray peat diet if there ever was one...so he's probably losing a lot of visceral fat, just as the study haidut posted...
Yep, all his foods are Peat-recommended, just their ratios seem out of whack - too much fat and not enough sugar. But obviously, its working, so the question is WHY? And as I noted above, i think its because PUFA is being effectively blocked (or his metabolism is running on stress hormones)

OP
kreeese

kreeese

The Great and Powerful tara.

I think it comes down to interpretation, as tara said. Certainly every single food kreese eats is recommended by Ray, BUT Dr. Peat is also on record recommending lower fat, that whole milk could cause weight gain (because of fat content) and etc.

The reason pulse and temps are important here in MY opinion is because, although theres sugar being eaten (more than the ketogenic threshold), it is STILL somewhere in that high fat/keto grey zone, and the implication of those types of diets is the need for HIGH CORTISOL (ie. high temperature and low pulse... something kreese has already alluded to) to convert fat to usable energy and this ALONE is against what Peat writes about. Peat is about managing the stress hormones to the best of ones ability, and eating resiliency-producing foods (like the saturated fats and the sugars and caffeines).

Now there is still yet no hard "proof" of cortisol or any of that, so Id like to assume the stress hormones are in fact kept LOW. Ok, based on that, why is this diet working? I theorize it has a lot to do with the saturated fat blocking the harmful effects of PUFA much like vitamin E or aspirin would (OP mentioned he takes neither), and the benefits COULD, theoretically, cease once excess PUFA is burned - if this is the case, this diet is great for this person and others with similar symptoms. Stamp of approval, IMO!

edit: still like to know temps and pulse tho lol
excellent points Thanks my friend gonna start taking my temps and pulse..in the mornings?? I shall! I can see you have lots of experience! I really appreciate the advice...and yes Im not eating any starches of any kind just white sugar honey cheese eggs coc.oil meats shrimp...and I just learned you all love oysters so Im gonna get me some!! haha havent had an oyster in over a decade....Just finished 4 eggs cooked in coc. oil half a bottle mexican coke and 2 pieces of dark chocolate:)

OP
kreeese

kreeese

nice! thanks and yes I believe all this to be the case...how are you doing?? any kool fat loss gains in gym etc.?
Chris Rocco

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Yep, all his foods are Peat-recommended, just their ratios seem out of whack - too much fat and not enough sugar. But obviously, its working, so the question is WHY? And as I noted above, i think its because PUFA is being effectively blocked (or his metabolism is running on stress hormones)
well heres my reasoning..Just keeping it simple I started with the premise that we are literally made of sat. fat our cells are composed of this...BUT we run on sugar! so I tried the high sugar low fat diet...terrible low energy bad body comp. and lost some weight ...so then I thought what if I increase foods naturally higher in sat. fat but still ate lots of sugar...and baam felt amazing dropping pounds never hungry etc. Again Im at about 200 grams fat and 150 to 200 grams sugar --not starches--per day...We will have to consult Ray for the Biochemistry reasons:))

YourUniverse

excellent points Thanks my friend gonna start taking my temps and pulse..in the mornings?? I shall! I can see you have lots of experience! I really appreciate the advice...and yes Im not eating any starches of any kind just white sugar honey cheese eggs coc.oil meats shrimp...and I just learned you all love oysters so Im gonna get me some!! haha havent had an oyster in over a decade....Just finished 4 eggs cooked in coc. oil half a bottle mexican coke and 2 pieces of dark chocolate:)
Haha nooo I dont have lots of experience, I just joined this forum a few short months ago - the allure of the Ray Peat ways is of healing the metabolism after years of restriction, low carb, ultimately running on stress - and since the source of the detrimental stress response is PUFA, I think it follows that any efforts to block PUFA would yield an increase in vitality. In this case, sat. fat is blocking the PUFA, but Ray seems more in line with using other compounds to block PUFA like vitamin E, aspirin, and niacinamide, and upping the sugar tremendously to nullify stress hormones; HOWEVER, this latter approach seems MUCH much harder to put into practice, the only member I can note seeing that was successful in this was @visionofstrength, although theoretically it should be superior

skittles

I'm starting to think we all kind of fall somewhere on a spectrum. I realize that for lots of people, low fat works like a charm. But for me, it makes me feel terrible if I eat a diet favouring carbs over saturated fats to the extent that a lot of people on this forum recommend. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I live in Canada and not the tropics.

I had problems adopting a Peaty diet, despite the fact that it makes perfect scientific sense. Despite studying it as a hobby, for years. I studied it deeper and deeper, looking for whatever could have possibly been holding me back. Eventually I started eating more food, Peaty or not, and found some relief.

After a little while of eating whatever, I found it easier to settle into a not-too-strict Peaty diet with a little more fat (not PUFA, obviously) and a little less starch. I think the most important thing is to get enough calories, and saturated fat is a good way to get those calories. After all, saturated fat is naturally attached to Peaty whole foods like milk, cheese, and beef.

To me, I just feel better with more fat. I don't gorge myself on it, I just don't deny my cravings. My cravings tend to tell me to eat fatty salty things more often than I would let myself if I were 'following the diet' like a religion. But I also crave juice and chocolate milk and dried fruit a lot too, and I don't deny those cravings either.

We have this tendency to try to overcomplicate things, and I think we start to lose ourselves along the way. Nutrition is complicated, but eating is easy. And it ought to be enjoyable. It's good to understand science, but sometimes you have to override your logic and go with your instinct.

I truly believe that throttling your instincts too much is a recipe for disaster.

Besides, when the body is at rest, it uses saturated fat. It's a useful fuel, it's not poison like PUFA. I feel like the body should easily be able to handle both glucose and saturated fat, and that should probably be the goal.

I probably don't eat more than 2500-3000 calories in a given day and I feel pretty good with that. And maybe 5000 calories a day is excessive - but maybe it's not. Maybe we really should be eating more

Maybe if we all ate 10,000 calories of pro-metabolic foods everyday, we would be hot and pink and shedding fat like crazy. But at about 2500-3000, my body just doesn't really ask me to eat anymore.

Tenacity

Peat has been on record saying that optimal macronutrient ratios are not known, and perhaps something like a third of each macro would be effective. I even recall him saying that 50% of calories could be saturated fat and it'd still be safe.

YourUniverse

Peat has been on record saying that optimal macronutrient ratios are not known, and perhaps something like a third of each macro would be effective. I even recall him saying that 50% of calories could be saturated fat and it'd still be safe.
Fair enough, but Peat's also described starches with butter as "safe" but that sugar is clearly superior when available. I think we should distinguish between safe and optimal

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals