Lowering High Blood Sugar

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I am just so thrilled to hear you sound so positive! Yeah I don't store bought unrefrigerated pasturized juices seem like a good fruit option. Are you able to have the berries in their whole form with seeds and not get gut irritation?
Many brands of frozen berries did not digest well — organic blueberries, organic strawberries, even when cooked, sit like rocks in my gut. However, Costco’s Kirkland brand frozen Three Berry Mix digests very well for me — those are the only berries that have consistently worked well.

However, due to their low potassium content and the fact that they’re not organic and thus likely have high pesticide content (I learned a lot from your dirty dozen thread!), I did not want to keep berries as my primary fruit source.

Many brands of frozen berries did not digest well — organic blueberries, organic strawberries, even when cooked, sit like rocks in my gut. However, Costco’s Kirkland brand frozen Three Berry Mix digests very well for me — those are the only berries that have consistently worked well.

However, due to their low potassium content and the fact that they’re not organic and thus likely have high pesticide content (I learned a lot from your dirty dozen thread!), I did not want to keep berries as my primary fruit source.
Oh wow! I am so happy you found that post so valuable! I am unsure too if berries in their whole form feels good, same with pineapple. So I have been letting the berries defrost for a couple of hours in water and then I either gently muddle the berry without pressing to hard to break open their toxic seeds, and then I pour them through a sieve and sweeten the the fresh juice with sugar or honey. Those berries have too much valuable color to not partake. The juice looks like this.

Attachments

• 20200611_132739.jpg
    20200611_132739.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 17
OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Oh wow! I am so happy you found that post so valuable! I am unsure too if berries in their whole form feels good, same with pineapple. So I have been letting the berries defrost for a couple of hours in water and then I either gently muddle the berry without pressing to hard to break open their toxic seeds, and then I pour them through a sieve and sweeten the the fresh juice with sugar or honey. Those berries have too much valuable color to not partake. The juice looks like this.
Wow, that color looks delicious! Have you been drinking more juice then, lately? I’m still concerned that too many liquids causes problems for me, but the fiber in non-perfectly-ripe fruits causes problems too.

Wow, that color looks delicious! Have you been drinking more juice then, lately? I’m still concerned that too many liquids causes problems for me, but the fiber in non-perfectly-ripe fruits causes problems too.
I either have that blueberry or a raspberry muddled juice a couple of times a week, sometimes some fresh squeezed strained orange juice usually. The last couple of weeks i peeled and juiced some fresh Honey Crisp apples and a couple of ripe pineapples. All those felt great! I haven't had a cantaloupe for years and bought one to try this week. I am really looking forward to summer fruit like Keit mangoes, Fuyu persimmons and watermelon. I am wprking on a post on Jackfruit for next week, I think you will like. They are really good for people with blood sugar issues.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

yerrag

Update: for the past two to three weeks, every morning without exception my blood glucose has registered between 90-95, which puts me out of pre-diabetic range. Fingers crossed this continues. These factors seemed to help:

-eating four meals a day instead of three
-lowering starch as close to 0 as possible
-prioritizing potassium-rich fruits
-aspirin with each meal (totaling 2 or so grams a day)
-drinking milk (for me, goat milk digests best)
-upping my thyroid dose (1/2 cynoplus and 1/4 cynomel per day)
-lots o coffee
-walking as often as possible
-every other day resistance training (push ups, pull ups, shoulder presses, rows)
nice improvement!

how was your sleep? good sleep, as defined by long enough (7 hours), minimum of snoring, and less interruptions to have more deep sleep. this is a measure of good blood sugar regulation as well as ensure you build glycogen stores for the next day

the increaed potassium intake really helps.

not sure lowering starch intake is helpful blood sugar-wise (although it may help with the serotonin issue since you have gut issues). this leaves out the intake of carbs that have fiber, which slows down the assimilation of sugar and this helps keep blood sugar from increasing

Last edited:
OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

nice improvement!

how was your sleep? good sleep, as defined by long enough (7 hours), minimum of snoring, and less interruptions to have more deep sleep. this is a measure of good blood sugar regulation as well as ensure you build glycogen stores for the next day

the increaed potassium intake really helps.

not sure lowering starch intake is helpful blood sugar-wise (although it may help with the serotonin issue since you have gut issues). this lives out the intake of carbs that have fiber, which slows down the assimilation of sugar and this helps keep blood sugar from increasing
Thanks Yerrag! My sleep has been great, as long as I don’t irritate my gut. I use my Apple Watch to measure sleep depth and HRV, aiming for maximum deep sleep and a high HRV, and it seems that digestion impacts these things the most. When I drink just goat milk all day, for example, I have no stomach irritation which leads to around 2:30:00 minutes of deep sleep and an HRV nearing 200 ms at its best point.

Lately I never get up to pee during the night, and I get plenty of deep sleep provided I eat easily digestible foods.

I think you hit the nail on the head with starch and serotonin. I don’t think the lowered starch helps because of insulin or a direct impact on blood sugar, but lowering starch helps because most starches tend to irritate my gut. Lowering starch, and less gut irritation, helps with deep sleep, higher HRV, calmer tachycardia, and I can only imagine blood sugar regulation as an indirect result of the improved glucose metabolism that comes with lower gut irritation.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Hi Vileplume! Eberhardt sent me this interview and at about 1:10 to 1:19 I thought of you!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvy5MF2TcqI

WHOA :wtf as I see this post right now, I’m listening to that part of the podcast! The slight increase in PUFA, compared to saturated fat, had such a dramatic impact on blood sugar.

Currently, pretty much all my dietary fat comes from either eggs or raw goat milk, and I drink a lot of raw goat milk. Since my blood sugar recently crept back up :cuss I’m gonna switch things up a bit. I just got a cream separator, so I’m going to try a few days of low fat milk, to see if that makes a difference. Hopefully it doesn’t cause digestive or metabolic problems. All in the name of experimentation.

WHOA :wtf as I see this post right now, I’m listening to that part of the podcast! The slight increase in PUFA, compared to saturated fat, had such a dramatic impact on blood sugar.

Currently, pretty much all my dietary fat comes from either eggs or raw goat milk, and I drink a lot of raw goat milk. Since my blood sugar recently crept back up :cuss I’m gonna switch things up a bit. I just got a cream separator, so I’m going to try a few days of low fat milk, to see if that makes a difference. Hopefully it doesn’t cause digestive or metabolic problems. All in the name of experimentation.
I am so glad it is jusy what you needed at just the right time!

I thought the water thing was interesting too!

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I thought the water thing was interesting too!
I thought so too. It reminded me of when Ray said that a pint of water entering your stomach too quickly could cause a surge of serotonin.

Makes me wonder about skim milk v. whole milk. Is skim milk higher water content? Could this be a problem for people with slower metabolisms, who might do better with while milk?

I thought so too. It reminded me of when Ray said that a pint of water entering your stomach too quickly could cause a surge of serotonin.

Makes me wonder about skim milk v. whole milk. Is skim milk higher water content? Could this be a problem for people with slower metabolisms, who might do better with while milk?
I would think it is any liquid. Why just water?

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I would think it is any liquid. Why just water?
Yes it’s probably any liquid that creates that effect. I guess he said water because people are more likely to chug water. Although, the viscosity of a liquid must make a difference too. I would imagine that quickly drinking a glass of milk causes fewer serotonin issues than quickly drinking a glass of OJ or water, because milk is more viscous.

Yes it’s probably any liquid that creates that effect. I guess he said water because people are more likely to chug water. Although, the viscosity of a liquid must make a difference too. I would imagine that quickly drinking a glass of milk causes fewer serotonin issues than quickly drinking a glass of OJ or water, because milk is more viscous.
Well maybe you are right, in that maybe a sugar, protein or fat might make a difference and water lacks those supporting factors.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Well maybe you are right, in that maybe a sugar, protein or fat might make a difference and water lacks those supporting factors.
And the temperature would make a difference too!

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Oh yeah! Oh we're good at getting to the bottom of things Vileplume! Most of it is things we know, we just forget. Good thing we bounce this stuff off each other!
Seriously! When something goes wrong, it’s often something that I previously realized, but since forgot. It seems like there’s so many things that could throw off our energy, it’s often hard to tell what the problem is. I benefit a ton from your threads because they’re based on Peat’s ideas and your experience. You’ve tried so many things! I have too, but your posts are helpful reminders.

Seriously! When something goes wrong, it’s often something that I previously realized, but since forgot. It seems like there’s so many things that could throw off our energy, it’s often hard to tell what the problem is. I benefit a ton from your threads because they’re based on Peat’s ideas and your experience. You’ve tried so many things! I have too, but your posts are helpful reminders.
I love how positive and encouraging you are Vileplume! That makes me feel happy to be investing myself in this forum. It can be time consuming, but it feels like time well spent hearing you say that :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals