Lowering High Blood Sugar

yerrag

is there a way to measure liquid glucose to reach equivalence of 70g preferably without a scale @yerrag

thank you!
That is a good question. I had not thought about it until you asked. I did a search for OGTT glucose dose and the results show you can buy prepared doses. It's more expensive but it's convenient.

TopGun1911

Does keto/fasting turn on the starvation switch in the brain even after being off the diet for a while? I shudder at the thought.

[/QUOTE]
Hi rinse. Since honeycomb is so expensive...what kind of honey can I buy thats pure fructose for my moms diabetes? Thans
I like this Really Raw Honey and I also buy this Wee Bee Honey.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210601-161023_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210601-161023_Samsung Internet.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210601-161204_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210601-161204_Samsung Internet.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 9

forterpride

I like this Really Raw Honey and I also buy this Wee Bee Honey.
[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks

yerrag

Hi rinse. Since honeycomb is so expensive...what kind of honey can I buy thats pure fructose for my moms diabetes? Thans
There's no honey that is pure fructose. Pure fructose doesn't exist in the wild. I've searched before and the only pure fructose I can find is made from corn, and it's likely that corn is GMO. If you've read Ray Peat's article on the use of fructose as diabetes therapy referenced to the 50s, from his website, I'm with you on wanting to try that therapy for your mom. But it has risks. For one, people don't take to pure fructose well. Fructose feeds microorganisms in the gut very well, and I don't know if you can manage to get all that fructose absorbed by the small intestine that not much is left to feed the critters in the large intestine.

Has anyone mentioned Ray's experience with brewer's yeast for his father's diabetes yet?
Yeah that is a good thing to mention in this post Peater! I wrote a bit about it in my own post on brewers yeast.

forterpride

There's no honey that is pure fructose. Pure fructose doesn't exist in the wild. I've searched before and the only pure fructose I can find is made from corn, and it's likely that corn is GMO. If you've read Ray Peat's article on the use of fructose as diabetes therapy referenced to the 50s, from his website, I'm with you on wanting to try that therapy for your mom. But it has risks. For one, people don't take to pure fructose well. Fructose feeds microorganisms in the gut very well, and I don't know if you can manage to get all that fructose absorbed by the small intestine that not much is left to feed the critters in the large intestine.
So do you think Raw honey is ok since it’s not pure fructose? Also...my mom eats daily raw carrot salad, mushrooms, and cascara...so I think her intestine is good imo (and hers) thanks

yerrag

So do you think Raw honey is ok since it’s not pure fructose? Also...my mom eats daily raw carrot salad, mushrooms, and cascara...so I think her intestine is good imo (and hers) thanks
I think it will do. It has half fructose anyway. If you want something with higher fructose, pear and agave sugar content can go as high as 70%.

yerrag

I think it will do. It has half fructose anyway. If you want something with higher fructose, pear and agave sugar content can go as high as 70%.
But Ray has told me that agave syrup is very high processed, even from parts of the plant that shouldn't be, that it contains some proteins that can be allergenic.

yerrag

I guess I didn't address the pure fructose part.
It wouldn't have mattered. It drove me mad looking for pure fructose and I was wondering why a product does not exist that would fix diabetes.

yerrag

Have you tried brewer's yeast?
No, but I would have if I still had hypoglycemia then. Still, I researched it and failed to find something about brewers to that effect.

No, but I would have if I still had hypoglycemia then. Still, I researched it and failed to find something about brewers to that effect.
Here is the link to my thread on brewer's yeast and diabetes. There are several Ray Peat quotes and a audio with him through the thread about brewer's yeast. There is also talk about "nutritional yeast" too, but that has glutamate and is NOT good for diabetes.

yerrag

Here is the link to my thread on brewer's yeast and diabetes. There are several Ray Peat quotes and a audio with him through the thread about brewer's yeast. There is also talk about "nutritional yeast" too, but that has glutamate and is NOT good for diabetes.

That's great. Thank you!

I searched some products on the web, and found that a lot of the yeasts were fortified with b vitamins. But I didn't look further into it. Glad you did the research thoroughly and tried it.

That's great. Thank you!

I searched some products on the web, and found that a lot of the yeasts were fortified with b vitamins. But I didn't look further into it. Glad you did the research thoroughly and tried it.
Just lookin' out for ya :)