Niacinamide immediately corrects my blood sugar for one meal

TheCodez

Up until a couple years ago I was eating VERY low carb. I had been doing this for about a decade. Since resuming carbs a couple years ago, I've been unable to get my post prandial glucose levels to behave reasonably. Eating 25 grams of carb in a meal spikes my sugar up to around 180 and it stays that way for hours. In the last couple days I accidentally found that if I take 500 mg niacinamide when my sugar is high, it will fall within 10 minutes from 180 all the way down to between 80 and 100. A few hours later at my next meal it will spike back up to just shy of 200 again though. I'm not sure what to make of this or what to do with it. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Since B Vitamins help with glucose oxidation and your body is ****88 up due to low carb intake for years I recommend you to take even higher doses of vitamins, especially B1 and B3.
Myself I don't oxidize properly glucose and I can feel tired if I eat over 80g of saturated long chain fat. In this case I take 2 aspirins with every meal to prevent fat oxidation and the issue is solved. I used in the past 1g of B3 every day which helped me the most with dissociation, after taking it with a carb meal, I felt like I could see clearly and with more Hertz. In my case I believe it was a low oxidation rate of glucose in the brain.
Try a very high carb diet limiting the fat to 60g a day and take 1g of B3 and 1g of aspirin twice a day. Your body will learn again and your blood glucose will get stabilized.

Katty

Up until a couple years ago I was eating VERY low carb. I had been doing this for about a decade. Since resuming carbs a couple years ago, I've been unable to get my post prandial glucose levels to behave reasonably. Eating 25 grams of carb in a meal spikes my sugar up to around 180 and it stays that way for hours. In the last couple days I accidentally found that if I take 500 mg niacinamide when my sugar is high, it will fall within 10 minutes from 180 all the way down to between 80 and 100. A few hours later at my next meal it will spike back up to just shy of 200 again though. I'm not sure what to make of this or what to do with it. Does anyone have any thoughts?
@TheCodez I know this is an older post, but I'm wondering if you kept experimenting with niacinamide and what your results were. Also, are you saying that 500mg of niacinamide would lower the blood sugar within 10 minutes of the peak 180 blood sugar reading, and then your blood sugar would go high again before you start eating your next meal? How long were you waiting between meals?

Last edited: