Lowering High Blood Sugar

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I thought this was interesting Vileplume regarding your high blood pressure.

"About 25 years ago, David McCarron noticed that the governments data on diet and hypertension showed that the people who ate the most salt had the lowest blood pressure, and those who ate the least salt had the highest pressure. He showed that a calcium deficiency, rather than a sodium excess, was the most likely nutritional explanation for hypertension."-Ray Peat

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I thought this was interesting Vileplume regarding your high blood pressure.

"About 25 years ago, David McCarron noticed that the governments data on diet and hypertension showed that the people who ate the most salt had the lowest blood pressure, and those who ate the least salt had the highest pressure. He showed that a calcium deficiency, rather than a sodium excess, was the most likely nutritional explanation for hypertension."-Ray Peat
Thanks Rinse, this is super relevant. I’ve heard Peat mention that when in a poor glucose regulation state, getting a lot of any of the four alkali minerals would help. When trying to solve blood sugar and metabolic problems, a person should prioritize sodium and calcium, but magnesium and potassium too. I’ve been feeling better recently and I think increased potassium particularly has played a major role.

Been eating less berries and more peaches, and it’s been good so far.

Thanks Rinse, this is super relevant. I’ve heard Peat mention that when in a poor glucose regulation state, getting a lot of any of the four alkali minerals would help. When trying to solve blood sugar and metabolic problems, a person should prioritize sodium and calcium, but magnesium and potassium too. I’ve been feeling better recently and I think increased potassium particularly has played a major role.

Been eating less berries and more peaches, and it’s been good so far.
Oh that IS good news! Is your blood meter numbers better? I know last I heard they were were getting too low.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Oh that IS good news! Is your blood meter numbers better? I know last I heard they were were getting too low.
Thanks for checking in :) I have not checked my blood sugar in the past few days because I realized that it’s not the cause of my problems. My most nagging symptoms, hot flashes and tachycardia, seemed most connected with feeling bad. When I saw my high blood sugar, I thought it must have been causing my symptoms.

In a few days of monitoring my blood sugar, these things helped me lower my blood sugar:
-aspirin, niacinamide, and pyrucet with meals
-walking after meals
-eating fruits that digest well, prioritizing high-potassium fruits but avoiding juices. For me, that means peaches, ripe melons, nectarines, and apricots.
-avoiding starches
-getting ample animal protein with every meal

However, I still had the hot flashes after lowering my blood sugar. I would get the hot flashes, tachycardia, fatigued feeling with low or high blood sugar. So measuring the BG helped, because I could rule out blood sugar as the direct cause of my worst symptoms.

I then turned my sights to histamine, and while I’m not totally sure histamine caused my symptoms, I suspect that it did. I’ve taken a few steps to reduce my hot flashes and tachycardia, and I’ll post more about it in my hot flashes thread, but here’s the general overview of what’s helped so far with hot flashes:

-higher potassium fruits often
-no juice
-lots of milk
-cyproheptadine (2 mg/day)
-aspirin (2-3 grams/day)
-switching thyroid from NDT to cynoplus/cynomel
-cutting out gelatin and cheese (high histamine foods)
-cooking my meat right before I eat it, not storing in the fridge overnight
-boiled mushrooms and carrot salad with olive oil

Thanks for checking in :) I have not checked my blood sugar in the past few days because I realized that it’s not the cause of my problems. My most nagging symptoms, hot flashes and tachycardia, seemed most connected with feeling bad. When I saw my high blood sugar, I thought it must have been causing my symptoms.

In a few days of monitoring my blood sugar, these things helped me lower my blood sugar:
-walking after meals
-eating fruits that digest well, prioritizing high-potassium fruits but avoiding juices. For me, that means peaches, ripe melons, nectarines, and apricots.
-avoiding starches

However, I still had the hot flashes after lowering my blood sugar. I would get the hot flashes, tachycardia, fatigued feeling with low or high blood sugar. So measuring the BG helped, because I could rule out blood sugar as the direct cause of my worst symptoms.

I then turned my sights to histamine, and while I’m not totally sure histamine caused my symptoms, I suspect that it did. I’ve taken a few steps to reduce my hot flashes and tachycardia, and I’ll post more about it in my hot flashes thread, but here’s the general overview of what’s helped so far with hot flashes:

-no juice
-lots of milk
-aspirin (2-3 grams/day)
Well thank goodness it isn't diabetes!

yerrag

-walking after meals
-avoiding starches

-no juice
-lots of milk
-aspirin (2-3 grams/day)

You are absolutely correct. High blood sugar isn't a cause as much as a speedometer at 200 mph in a city street isn't a cause of a pell mell.

High blood sugar reflects the poor state of sugar metabolism, which causes high blood sugar. Since it is what can be measured, it if often blamed because the real causes are not measurable. But when you drop a key in a dark area, you won't be able to find the key when you try looking for it in a well-lit area.

Still, poor blood regulation has the effect of increasing cortisol, and high cortisol weakens the immune system because the thymus shrinks with high cortisol, and the thymus is where t-lymphocytes mature. Poor blood regulation often results in high insulin, and high insulin inhibits the conversion of cholesterol into vitamin D in the skin with exposure to UVB rays. Yet, poor blood regulation is secondary only to a deeper issue with sugar metabolism.

What you're doing is fine, but there's no game plan. You're basically throwing the kitchen sink at the problem.

How did you measure your blood sugar? I thought you were going to share with us your 5 hr OGTT results.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

You are absolutely correct. High blood sugar isn't a cause as much as a speedometer at 200 mph in a city street isn't a cause of a pell mell.

High blood sugar reflects the poor state of sugar metabolism, which causes high blood sugar. Since it is what can be measured, it if often blamed because the real causes are not measurable. But when you drop a key in a dark area, you won't be able to find the key when you try looking for it in a well-lit area.

Still, poor blood regulation has the effect of increasing cortisol, and high cortisol weakens the immune system because the thymus shrinks with high cortisol, and the thymus is where t-lymphocytes mature. Poor blood regulation often results in high insulin, and high insulin inhibits the conversion of cholesterol into vitamin D in the skin with exposure to UVB rays. Yet, poor blood regulation is secondary only to a deeper issue with sugar metabolism.

What you're doing is fine, but there's no game plan. You're basically throwing the kitchen sink at the problem.

How did you measure your blood sugar? I thought you were going to share with us your 5 hr OGTT results.
I appreciate you pointing out that blood sugar regulation, while a reflection of a deeper metabolic problem, leads to problems with cortisol, insulin, and therefore thymus, cholesterol, and vitamin D problems. I knew that poor blood sugar regulation in itself caused a cascade of problems, but didn’t know the ones you mentioned.

We have to prioritize our symptoms, and first address those symptoms that seem most pressing, or most critically related to the root cause. At the same time, we want to ease the symptoms in a sustainable way so we can enjoy our lives in the present. My efforts in tracking blood sugar aimed to get closer to my root cause. My hot flashes and tachycardia, which I view as my highest priority symptoms, led me to testing the blood sugar. Peat writes that hot flashes often stem from low blood sugar, but I’ve read online that diabetics also have an increased incidence of hot flashes.

When I saw my blood sugar always high, I figured that I had found the trigger for my hot flashes and tachycardia. At this point, after learning a ton from the posters on this thread and you Yerrag, I decided that the OGTT would be extremely helpful and ordered maltose. I also began taking supplements to lower FFA, aspirin and pyrucet namely. After a few days of eating berries and honey as my primary sugars, I saw a slight dip in my fasting glucose: it went from 130 down to 95 over about five days. That night, I ate a super ripe honeydew melon, which I thought would spike my blood sugar. I checked about 1.5 hours later, and my BG was 66. I was shocked and happy. This made me think that my body utilized the melon’s sugar effectively due to the melon’s potassium, a mineral that my diet had lacked in the previous weeks.

Still though, I had hot flashes and tachycardia. According to my CVS brand blood glucose meter, when I would have hot flashes, the hot flashes and tachycardia did not correlate with blood sugar. Low BG, high BG, normal BG—I would have hot flashes at all blood sugar levels.

At this point I came to the conclusion that blood sugar regulation is not causing my highest priority symptoms, so I decided to temporarily move on to explore new potential causes: histamine, various gut issues like SIBO, irritating foods, low minerals, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism. I will come back to the OGTT in the future, perhaps in the next few days or week, but for now I have decided to skip that step, and turn over other stones to get to the root of my hot flashes.

My current approach, with the cypro, aspirin, thyroid, high potassium fruits, and elimination of gelatin and cheese, might seem like a kitchen sink approach because it features so many variables, but it reflects a method. Currently I aim to seek if histamine issues are the problem. I'm taking a kidney supplement with DAO, cypro, and having fresh cooked meat. If these methods don't work, I will consider adjusting or eliminating thyroid to see if that has any effect on my hot flashes. If these histamine reduction methods continue to work, then I have hints that histamine is causing my symptoms. Then, since histamine problems, like blood sugar problems, often stem from some even deeper cause, I can pursue that, which I suspect is a gut issue. However, rather than use an OGTT at the moment to gauge my progress, I am using the frequency and intensity of my hot flashes and tachycardia as my measure of progress.

Using the CVS blood glucose meter this morning, my fasting glucose is at 94. I think the recent emphasis on potassium in my diet has helped a lot to control it. My hot flashes aren't totally gone, but they've improved over the last few days.

yerrag

I appreciate you pointing out that blood sugar regulation, while a reflection of a deeper metabolic problem, leads to problems with cortisol, insulin, and therefore thymus, cholesterol, and vitamin D problems. I knew that poor blood sugar regulation in itself caused a cascade of problems, but didn’t know the ones you mentioned.

We have to prioritize our symptoms, and first address those symptoms that seem most pressing, or most critically related to the root cause. At the same time, we want to ease the symptoms in a sustainable way so we can enjoy our lives in the present. My efforts in tracking blood sugar aimed to get closer to my root cause. My hot flashes and tachycardia, which I view as my highest priority symptoms, led me to testing the blood sugar. Peat writes that hot flashes often stem from low blood sugar, but I’ve read online that diabetics also have an increased incidence of hot flashes.

When I saw my blood sugar always high, I figured that I had found the trigger for my hot flashes and tachycardia. At this point, after learning a ton from the posters on this thread and you Yerrag, I decided that the OGTT would be extremely helpful and ordered maltose. I also began taking supplements to lower FFA, aspirin and pyrucet namely. After a few days of eating berries and honey as my primary sugars, I saw a slight dip in my fasting glucose: it went from 130 down to 95 over about five days. That night, I ate a super ripe honeydew melon, which I thought would spike my blood sugar. I checked about 1.5 hours later, and my BG was 66. I was shocked and happy. This made me think that my body utilized the melon’s sugar effectively due to the melon’s potassium, a mineral that my diet had lacked in the previous weeks.

Still though, I had hot flashes and tachycardia. According to my CVS brand blood glucose meter, when I would have hot flashes, the hot flashes and tachycardia did not correlate with blood sugar. Low BG, high BG, normal BG—I would have hot flashes at all blood sugar levels.

At this point I came to the conclusion that blood sugar regulation is not causing my highest priority symptoms, so I decided to temporarily move on to explore new potential causes: histamine, various gut issues like SIBO, irritating foods, low minerals, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism. I will come back to the OGTT in the future, perhaps in the next few days or week, but for now I have decided to skip that step, and turn over other stones to get to the root of my hot flashes.

My current approach, with the cypro, aspirin, thyroid, high potassium fruits, and elimination of gelatin and cheese, might seem like a kitchen sink approach because it features so many variables, but it reflects a method. Currently I aim to seek if histamine issues are the problem. I'm taking a kidney supplement with DAO, cypro, and having fresh cooked meat. If these methods don't work, I will consider adjusting or eliminating thyroid to see if that has any effect on my hot flashes. If these histamine reduction methods continue to work, then I have hints that histamine is causing my symptoms. Then, since histamine problems, like blood sugar problems, often stem from some even deeper cause, I can pursue that, which I suspect is a gut issue. However, rather than use an OGTT at the moment to gauge my progress, I am using the frequency and intensity of my hot flashes and tachycardia as my measure of progress.

Using the CVS blood glucose meter this morning, my fasting glucose is at 94. I think the recent emphasis on potassium in my diet has helped a lot to control it. My hot flashes aren't totally gone, but they've improved over the last few days.
Thanks for the explanation.

Rightly so, your immediate concern are the hot flashes and tachycardia. They are symptoms nonetheless, yet of concern. However, poor blood regulation, regardless of whether you have high blood sugar or low blood sugar, is still an issue. Good blood regulation relates to having stable blood sugar, and what you see as improvement from an FBS of 130 to 95 isn't a slight dip, but looks like a big improvement, but merely on an FBS standpoint, which as I pointed out earlier, doesn't paint the whole picture of your blood sugar health status. The BG of 66 is already on hypoglygemic territory, and is noteworthy to me for a different reason, your blood sugar still swings, and for it to go down that low in just 1.5 hours, is not normal. You could say it is the potassium, but if potassium is really making the difference, it would have caused your body to readily absorb the increase in blood sugar from the honeydew, and keep the blood sugar from going high. Blood sugar going high triggers the pancreas to produce more insulin, and a strong insulin response would likely be the reason for the drop in blood sugar to hypoglycemic levels. Another possibility also is when blood sugar started to drop to impending low levels, your liver should be able to convert glycogen to sugar to keep blood sugar from getting to a low state.

I can tick off many, many other possibilities but I'm working blind. If the wraps can be unfurled a little bit, then I can perhaps be able to speculate better on your state poor blood sugar regulation. The OGTT would help. As I said, with the OGTT you could weave a story as to why the curve looks a particular way, and perhaps offer you some leads.

You may think blood sugar is a separate and unrelated issue, but if blood sugar regulation is a reflection of blood sugar metabolism, and if blood sugar metabolism affects the acid-base balance of your body, and if this balance affects the contraction of muscles, and since your heart is a muscle, it would not be a stretch to connect blood sugar regulation with your problem with excessively high heart rate. The intracellular/extracellular gradient of calcium has great bearing on the efficiency of contraction of muscle. Calcium has to flow in and out of a cell, with the help of carbonic acid transport calcium from the cell out, and carbonic acid derives from the abundance of CO2 generated during sugar metabolism by the mitochondria.

You can't compartmentalize issues like a regular conventional doctor does it. You have to see the body as a whole interrelated web. There's certainly more to this than what I can explain with a few paragraphs.

Your trying out many things at once is very normal. I've taken that approach. Sometimes it would work as something may stick, and that's nice, but you never would know which one did. It is more about getting it done and over with and moving on. It doesn't work most of the time though. I keep on failing when I tell people the OGTT would help them because I fail to emphasize that it can be a window to you observing the effect of something you took or did and its effect on your blood sugar curve. I did give the example of having adequate sleep for 2 weeks before, and to see what it would do to the curve. But it's not easy for people to get it, unless they actually do it. To convince people, I would have to make a video as a video would be the easiest way, but I don't have a video. So, it's a matter of build, and they will come, as the saying goes. It is a matter of me convincing the person to make an investment in a fine horse sight unseen, and them eventually winning the derby.

I'm speaking from my experience also, and not from a study that claims this does this and that. But I can't blame people if they prefer the theoretical over the anecdotal.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Thanks for the explanation.

Rightly so, your immediate concern are the hot flashes and tachycardia. They are symptoms nonetheless, yet of concern. However, poor blood regulation, regardless of whether you have high blood sugar or low blood sugar, is still an issue. Good blood regulation relates to having stable blood sugar, and what you see as improvement from an FBS of 130 to 95 isn't a slight dip, but looks like a big improvement, but merely on an FBS standpoint, which as I pointed out earlier, doesn't paint the whole picture of your blood sugar health status. The BG of 66 is already on hypoglygemic territory, and is noteworthy to me for a different reason, your blood sugar still swings, and for it to go down that low in just 1.5 hours, is not normal. You could say it is the potassium, but if potassium is really making the difference, it would have caused your body to readily absorb the increase in blood sugar from the honeydew, and keep the blood sugar from going high. Blood sugar going high triggers the pancreas to produce more insulin, and a strong insulin response would likely be the reason for the drop in blood sugar to hypoglycemic levels. Another possibility also is when blood sugar started to drop to impending low levels, your liver should be able to convert glycogen to sugar to keep blood sugar from getting to a low state.

I can tick off many, many other possibilities but I'm working blind. If the wraps can be unfurled a little bit, then I can perhaps be able to speculate better on your state poor blood sugar regulation. The OGTT would help. As I said, with the OGTT you could weave a story as to why the curve looks a particular way, and perhaps offer you some leads.

You may think blood sugar is a separate and unrelated issue, but if blood sugar regulation is a reflection of blood sugar metabolism, and if blood sugar metabolism affects the acid-base balance of your body, and if this balance affects the contraction of muscles, and since your heart is a muscle, it would not be a stretch to connect blood sugar regulation with your problem with excessively high heart rate. The intracellular/extracellular gradient of calcium has great bearing on the efficiency of contraction of muscle. Calcium has to flow in and out of a cell, with the help of carbonic acid transport calcium from the cell out, and carbonic acid derives from the abundance of CO2 generated during sugar metabolism by the mitochondria.

You can't compartmentalize issues like a regular conventional doctor does it. You have to see the body as a whole interrelated web. There's certainly more to this than what I can explain with a few paragraphs.

Your trying out many things at once is very normal. I've taken that approach. Sometimes it would work as something may stick, and that's nice, but you never would know which one did. It is more about getting it done and over with and moving on. It doesn't work most of the time though. I keep on failing when I tell people the OGTT would help them because I fail to emphasize that it can be a window to you observing the effect of something you took or did and its effect on your blood sugar curve. I did give the example of having adequate sleep for 2 weeks before, and to see what it would do to the curve. But it's not easy for people to get it, unless they actually do it. To convince people, I would have to make a video as a video would be the easiest way, but I don't have a video. So, it's a matter of build, and they will come, as the saying goes. It is a matter of me convincing the person to make an investment in a fine horse sight unseen, and them eventually winning the derby.

I'm speaking from my experience also, and not from a study that claims this does this and that. But I can't blame people if they prefer the theoretical over the anecdotal.
I see your point. If I paraphrase correctly, the OGTT is not so much a tool for fixing blood sugar, but a benchmark. One should use it intermittently, before and after experiments and adjustments, as a baseline of blood sugar metabolism.

You are correct that my supplements and current strategy reflects a compartmentalized view of my problems, which I agree is a non-metabolic and incorrect way of viewing my problems. The OGTT would be effective here, too, especially if I had done it before my current intervention. Still, just like blood work, regular OGTT testing would provide useful data points to use as a benchmark. I appreciate your patience in explaining to me the OGTT’s usefulness. I suppose part of the reason I deferred on it is due to the small inconvenience of doing nothing for five hours. But I think once I do it, I’ll be glad I did. I still plan to do it, and once again thanks for your patience and eloquence.

yerrag

I see your point. If I paraphrase correctly, the OGTT is not so much a tool for fixing blood sugar, but a benchmark. One should use it intermittently, before and after experiments and adjustments, as a baseline of blood sugar metabolism.

You are correct that my supplements and current strategy reflects a compartmentalized view of my problems, which I agree is a non-metabolic and incorrect way of viewing my problems. The OGTT would be effective here, too, especially if I had done it before my current intervention. Still, just like blood work, regular OGTT testing would provide useful data points to use as a benchmark. I appreciate your patience in explaining to me the OGTT’s usefulness. I suppose part of the reason I deferred on it is due to the small inconvenience of doing nothing for five hours. But I think once I do it, I’ll be glad I did. I still plan to do it, and once again thanks for your patience and eloquence.

Yes, a benchmark would be a good way to put it. You have a good reference point to gauge improvements (or deterioration) in your sugar metabolism. I hope that you will find yourself in better control in improving your health. You will not be muddling through as much.

yerrag

@Vileplume In researching some issues I've encountered the past weeks, I came across serotonin syndrome, and wonder if tachycardia and hot flashes you're experiencing has anything to do with high serotonin.

Serotonin syndrome may include the following combination of signs and symptoms: autonomic instability (e.g., tachycardia, labile blood pressure, dizziness, diaphoresis, flushing, and hyperthermia), neuromuscular symptoms (e.g., tremor, rigidity, myoclonus, hyperreflexia, and incoordination), mental status changes (e.g., agitation, hallucinations, delirium, and coma), seizures, and/or gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g., nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea). Monitor all drug recipients for symptoms of serotonin syndrome. If symptoms occur, discontinue methylene blue and begin supportive treatment.

Not sure if it's helpful, but just want to throw this in.

I saw this today Vileplume and thought of you ?

"Gelatin and glycine have recently been reported to facilitate the action of insulin in lowering blood sugar and alleviating diabetes. Gelatin has been used successfully to treat diabetes for over 100 years (A. Guerard, Ann Hygiene 36, 5, 1871; H. Brat, Deut. Med. Wochenschrift 28 (No. 2), 21, 1902). Glycine inhibits lipolysis (another antiexcitatory, “antiestrogenic” effect), and this in itself will make insulin more effective, and help to prevent hyperglycemia. (A gelatin-rich diet can also lower the serum triglycerides.) Since persistent lipolysis and insulin resistance, along with a generalized inflammatory state, are involved in a great variety of diseases, especially in the degenerative diseases, it's reasonable to consider using glycine/gelatin for almost any chronic problem. (Chicken foot soup has been used in several cultures for a variety of ailments; chicken foot powder has been advocated as a stimulant for spinal cord regeneration--Harry Robertson's method was stopped by the FDA)." -Ray Peat

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I saw this today Vileplume and thought of you ?

"Gelatin and glycine have recently been reported to facilitate the action of insulin in lowering blood sugar and alleviating diabetes. Gelatin has been used successfully to treat diabetes for over 100 years (A. Guerard, Ann Hygiene 36, 5, 1871; H. Brat, Deut. Med. Wochenschrift 28 (No. 2), 21, 1902). Glycine inhibits lipolysis (another antiexcitatory, “antiestrogenic” effect), and this in itself will make insulin more effective, and help to prevent hyperglycemia. (A gelatin-rich diet can also lower the serum triglycerides.) Since persistent lipolysis and insulin resistance, along with a generalized inflammatory state, are involved in a great variety of diseases, especially in the degenerative diseases, it's reasonable to consider using glycine/gelatin for almost any chronic problem. (Chicken foot soup has been used in several cultures for a variety of ailments; chicken foot powder has been advocated as a stimulant for spinal cord regeneration--Harry Robertson's method was stopped by the FDA)." -Ray Peat
Nice one, Rinse! The more Peat quotes, the merrier.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Update: for the past two to three weeks, every morning without exception my blood glucose has registered between 90-95, which puts me out of pre-diabetic range. Fingers crossed this continues. These factors seemed to help:

-eating four meals a day instead of three
-lowering starch as close to 0 as possible
-prioritizing potassium-rich fruits
-aspirin with each meal (totaling 2 or so grams a day)
-drinking milk (for me, goat milk digests best)
-upping my thyroid dose (1/2 cynoplus and 1/4 cynomel per day)
-lots o coffee
-walking as often as possible
-every other day resistance training (push ups, pull ups, shoulder presses, rows)

Update: for the past two to three weeks, every morning without exception my blood glucose has registered between 90-95, which puts me out of pre-diabetic range. Fingers crossed this continues. These factors seemed to help:

-eating four meals a day instead of three
-lowering starch as close to 0 as possible
-prioritizing potassium-rich fruits
-aspirin with each meal (totaling 2 or so grams a day)
-drinking milk (for me, goat milk digests best)
-upping my thyroid dose (1/2 cynoplus and 1/4 cynomel per day)
-lots o coffee
-walking as often as possible
-every other day resistance training (push ups, pull ups, shoulder presses, rows)
Oh my gosh my eyes whelled up reading this Vileplume! What fruits are you recommending? What about store bought juices and honey?

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Oh my gosh my eyes whelled up reading this Vileplume! What fruits are you recommending? What about store bought juices and honey?
Thanks Rinse :) I appreciate your support. We’re all healing together.

The fruits that helped me the most were: peaches, apricots, berries, ripe honeydew melons, and OJ. However, each of those, except OJ, irritated my gut due to frequent unripeness, so for the past few days I’ve been using OJ, milk, and sugar as my sugar sources, with some masa too as my best salt vehicle.

Store bought juices—organic, expensive, whatever type—have never worked well for me. They always seem to cause stomach discomfort and low deep sleep, which indicates a stomach disturbance usually for me. So I squeeze all my OJ fresh and have about a quart per day. Honey works well for me, but I’ve been using regular sugar lately because it dissolves more easily in cold milk.

Thanks Rinse :) I appreciate your support. We’re all healing together.

The fruits that helped me the most were: peaches, apricots, berries, ripe honeydew melons, and OJ. However, each of those, except OJ, irritated my gut due to frequent unripeness, so for the past few days I’ve been using OJ, milk, and sugar as my sugar sources, with some masa too as my best salt vehicle.

Store bought juices—organic, expensive, whatever type—have never worked well for me. They always seem to cause stomach discomfort and low deep sleep, which indicates a stomach disturbance usually for me. So I squeeze all my OJ fresh and have about a quart per day. Honey works well for me, but I’ve been using regular sugar lately because it dissolves more easily in cold milk.
I am just so thrilled to hear you sound so positive! Yeah I don't store bought unrefrigerated pasturized juices seem like a good fruit option. Are you able to have the berries in their whole form with seeds and not get gut irritation?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals