Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Wagner83

Yep, you nailed it. Kuinone can decrease intracellular calcium and that can lead to cramps. For some reason, when I take it with vitamin D that cramping effects disappears so if you try as well please share your experience.

That would be a good clue my chocolate milk is void of calcium or close to it which means I'll switch to regular milk again. I never had such problems from estroban but the vit k effects were less dramatic in general.

Evan

So I just received my first bottle of Kuinone and it there seems to be some crystallization going on. Is this normal? What can I do to resolve this, or should I just use as is? @haidut

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So I just received my first bottle of Kuinone and it there seems to be some crystallization going on. Is this normal? What can I do to resolve this, or should I just use as is? @haidut

Due to the freezing temps outside some crystaliztion may occur during mailing. You can put the bottle in a glass of hot (but not boiling) water and leave it there for about 5min and then shake the bottle. The crystals should disappear and in most cases may not even require bottle shaking. You can also use as is, but it is probably better to do the warm water procedure.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
do this powder dissolve in oil ? it must if others sell it like that

Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin, so yes, it dissolved in oil but not very well. Also, dissolved in oil it does not absorb as well as something DMSO/ethanol. It should not be dissolved in tocopherol due to the dangerous interactions between the two vitamins Peat talked about and also their mutual inhbition of each other's absorption. So, not many solvent options left.

I was reading the pub med studies @haidut

They're interesting for sure

But for example the k2 mk4 is good for better testosterone production
And inhibiting testosterone reduction due to polysaccharide

But if we focus more
The study is impressing and surprised me

75mg per kg for 5 weeks or so

So let's say a person is 100 kg

So he needs 7500 mg for 35 days

7.5 grams
So if a human wanna do that

He needs 3750 pills a day
(k2 mk4 1mg/pill or drop)

Or to take 3750 drops/pills
(if each 2 mg)
For more than 10 years
(365 days a year ==> 3750 days which is about 11 years of supplementing to get the benefits )

I would be interested to listen to your point of view and opinion please

Thanks in advance

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was reading the pub med studies @haidut

They're interesting for sure

But for example the k2 mk4 is good for better testosterone production
And inhibiting testosterone reduction due to polysaccharide

But if we focus more
The study is impressing and surprised me

75mg per kg for 5 weeks or so

So let's say a person is 100 kg

So he needs 7500 mg for 35 days

7.5 grams
So if a human wanna do that

He needs 3750 pills a day
(k2 mk4 1mg/pill or drop)

Or to take 3750 drops/pills
(if each 2 mg)
For more than 10 years
(365 days a year ==> 3750 days which is about 11 years of supplementing to get the benefits )

I would be interested to listen to your point of view and opinion please

Thanks in advance

Do you know that there is conversion factor for doses from rats to humans? Do you also know that 75mg/kg was in terms of DIET dose, which means the rat dose per bodyweight was 7.5mg/kg? If there was no conversion factor most of these studies would have been useless.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why did you use one of 3 types of k2 ( menatreteonone )

What about the remained 2 ?
@haidut

Search the forum, this topic must have come up like at least 50 times. MK-4 has benefits that neither MK-7 not K1 have. Also, MK-4 is the main endogenous vitamin K used by human tissues.

Wagner83

Yep, you nailed it. Kuinone can decrease intracellular calcium and that can lead to cramps. For some reason, when I take it with vitamin D that cramping effects disappears so if you try as well please share your experience.
Well I tried it after consuming regular milk for a few days as opposed to the chocolate milk I bought, and I did not experience the spasms. Whatever happened to my left ankle the first times I took the Kuinone and experienced the spasms can still be felt (it cracks easily). The back and all the rest are fine .

Makrosky

I'm impressed with this K2 Mk4 @haidut....

I've been using it for a week at the following dose : 10 drops topical, 15 drops oral.

So far I got the following effects :
GOOD :
- Incredible mood uplift. I would have never expected this from K2.
- Much more resilient to stress
- Things do not seem to upset me that much.
- Emotions flow much easier, feels like when I sporadically use Thyroid.
- Much better glucose control. I don't get so hypoglycemic.
- Overall really great feeling of wellbeing
- Less desire to compulsive sex or masturbation.

I am really impressed. Really.

BAD:
- Very bad constipation.
- I get some kind of pain in tendons? Hard to describe. I searched google and found a guy in another forum complaining about this. It's like some accute pain in tendons for a minute then it disappears.

All the effects both good and bad faded away in 2 days when I stopped.

So haidut I have some questions that I hope you can answer:
- Why do you think is it that it improves mood so much ? It really surprised me.
- Why do you think it makes constipation so bad ? Anyway to solve this ? I think constipation is listed as one possible side effect of K2 in the Japanese drug they use for the studies (sorry I can't remember the name)
- Why do the effects fade away so quickly if it's a fat soluble ? Was I extremely deficient in the first place or what ?
- Is it safe to take such high doses ? Another guy in the forum asked for this as well @encerent

THANKS A LOT for this supp and for helping.

InChristAlone

It is my understanding vitamin k2 is not stored in the body.

InChristAlone

My only source is the vitamin k2 and calcium paradox book.

Badger

Have been a user of of many of haidut's products for about a year now and have been monitoring posts in the raypeatforum for about same amount of time. Created an account a few days ago, finally, so this is my very first post anywhere in the forum.
> - I get some kind of pain in tendons? Hard to describe. I searched google and found a guy in another forum complaining about this. It's like some accute pain in tendons for a minute then it disappears.
Using kuinone, it seems the same happens to me, except it seems to last much longer, days at time, then goes away, comes back. Very odd.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm impressed with this K2 Mk4 @haidut....

I've been using it for a week at the following dose : 10 drops topical, 15 drops oral.

So far I got the following effects :
GOOD :
- Incredible mood uplift. I would have never expected this from K2.
- Much more resilient to stress
- Things do not seem to upset me that much.
- Emotions flow much easier, feels like when I sporadically use Thyroid.
- Much better glucose control. I don't get so hypoglycemic.
- Overall really great feeling of wellbeing
- Less desire to compulsive sex or masturbation.

I am really impressed. Really.

BAD:
- Very bad constipation.
- I get some kind of pain in tendons? Hard to describe. I searched google and found a guy in another forum complaining about this. It's like some accute pain in tendons for a minute then it disappears.

All the effects both good and bad faded away in 2 days when I stopped.

So haidut I have some questions that I hope you can answer:
- Why do you think is it that it improves mood so much ? It really surprised me.
- Why do you think it makes constipation so bad ? Anyway to solve this ? I think constipation is listed as one possible side effect of K2 in the Japanese drug they use for the studies (sorry I can't remember the name)
- Why do the effects fade away so quickly if it's a fat soluble ? Was I extremely deficient in the first place or what ?
- Is it safe to take such high doses ? Another guy in the forum asked for this as well @encerent

THANKS A LOT for this supp and for helping.

Great review! Thanks for the feedback.
The mood effects are probably due to lowered glutamate and increased steroid synthesis. But it could be also due to lower estrogen, which MK-4 can also do.
Not sure what is causing the constipation, maybe some sort of serotonin antagonism in the gut??
Vitamin K is stored in the liver and has a very short half life in the blood. So, that may be behind the diminished effects over time, but it is released from liver as needed, so the systemic effects are still there. Not sure about safety, and I can't comment on that legally. Orally, MK-4 has been found to have no toxicity limit in rodent trials and in human trials using 300mg+ daily for 6 months.

Makrosky

Great review! Thanks for the feedback.
The mood effects are probably due to lowered glutamate and increased steroid synthesis. But it could be also due to lower estrogen, which MK-4 can also do.
Not sure what is causing the constipation, maybe some sort of serotonin antagonism in the gut??
Vitamin K is stored in the liver and has a very short half life in the blood. So, that may be behind the diminished effects over time, but it is released from liver as needed, so the systemic effects are still there. Not sure about safety, and I can't comment on that legally. Orally, MK-4 has been found to have no toxicity limit in rodent trials and in human trials using 300mg+ daily for 6 months.
Cool! Thanks man. I will report more info when I play more with doses or if I find what's causing the constipation.

superhuman

@haidut is there any like saturation point for vitamin K if you have been deficient so you need x amount of time with x amount of dosage to replete all the storage etc? and then you can get by with very little daily?

I use your vitamin K product now, i only take from 1-5 drops a day, mostly topical but sometimes i take 1 drop orally. I havent really notice anything from it and i still get bleeding from aspirin if i use more then say 800 mg aspirin a day which is not alot at all.
I previously used alot of aspirin without vitamin K so im sure im deficient in it if thats possible.

If there is a repletion protocol how would you approach it in terms of dosage and frequency a day? and would you take it all topical?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut is there any like saturation point for vitamin K if you have been deficient so you need x amount of time with x amount of dosage to replete all the storage etc? and then you can get by with very little daily?

I use your vitamin K product now, i only take from 1-5 drops a day, mostly topical but sometimes i take 1 drop orally. I havent really notice anything from it and i still get bleeding from aspirin if i use more then say 800 mg aspirin a day which is not alot at all.
I previously used alot of aspirin without vitamin K so im sure im deficient in it if thats possible.

If there is a repletion protocol how would you approach it in terms of dosage and frequency a day? and would you take it all topical?

If aspirin causes bleeding, I would use 8-10 drops Kuinone daily for a week and maybe go back to maintenance of 1-2 drops daily if the aspirin intake is ongoing. Not sure if there is a repletion protocol but it usually takes about a week to restore liver levels of other fat-soluble vitamins if there is deficiency. So, I am assuming the same would be true for vitamin K.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals