Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Thank you. Taking it topical or orally? splitting it up to 3 times a day or does it not matter?

I prefer topical. One or multiple doses has the same effects on body stores, so it does not matter.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Recommended daily dose? This should last very long if 1.5-3mg daily.

There is no recommended daily dose. It depends on so many factors like aspirin or vitamin E use, diet, etc. A human study found as little as 0.6mg daily was enough to exert benefit on blood biomarkers of bone health. Less than that was not effective.

Makrosky

Constatine

Thanks man! That's a start. Yeah, definitely, it does something veeeery good for the brain.
Do you have any idea why might be causing the sporadic pain in tendons or ligaments ???
No scientific studies but I would say its due to a lack of calcium in your tendons. Consuming more calcium will help a bit but not as much as vitamin d. Try taking large amounts of vitamin d and get sunlight. Do you already take vitamin d? If so it might be something else entirely.

Makrosky

No scientific studies but I would say its due to a lack of calcium in your tendons. Consuming more calcium will help a bit but not as much as vitamin d. Try taking large amounts of vitamin d and get sunlight. Do you already take vitamin d? If so it might be something else entirely.
Thanks man. I am not using vitamin D at this moment but I have been exposed to looooooots of sunlight from September to December 2016 so I guess I should still have some decent stores of it ? I will add some estroban drops anyway just to see what happens. And try to increase calcium intake of course. Will report back if I find something others can find useful. Thanks again.

Constatine

Thanks man. I am not using vitamin D at this moment but I have been exposed to looooooots of sunlight from September to December 2016 so I guess I should still have some decent stores of it ? I will add some estroban drops anyway just to see what happens. And try to increase calcium intake of course. Will report back if I find something others can find useful. Thanks again.
Vitamin k dramatically increases the demand for vitamin d as well so even if you had good stores I doubt you do now. Vitamin d is also a common treatment for tendon pain which is why I thought of it. Anyhow if someone fixes it let me know, I like knowing stuff :D

Makrosky

Vitamin k dramatically increases the demand for vitamin d as well so even if you had good stores I doubt you do now. Vitamin d is also a common treatment for tendon pain which is why I thought of it. Anyhow if someone fixes it let me know, I like knowing stuff :D
Sure thing. But all info I've read about vitamin K2, including haidut's one, say it doesn't increase the need/deplete other vitamins! In fact, it's the only one fat soluble who does that since A, E and D can deplete the others.

Constatine

Sure thing. But all info I've read about vitamin K2, including haidut's one, say it doesn't increase the need/deplete other vitamins! In fact, it's the only one fat soluble who does that since A, E and D can deplete the others.
Well it doesn't deplete the vitamin d stores but it shuffles calcium out of other tissues and into the bones thus more vitamin d is required as to absorb more calcium so that there will be adequate calcium in tissues like the tendons.

Makrosky

Well it doesn't deplete the vitamin d stores but it shuffles calcium out of other tissues and into the bones thus more vitamin d is required as to absorb more calcium so that there will be adequate calcium in tissues like the tendons.
I will try your hypothesis. I however think that if such thing happens with vitamin D, the clinical studies would have mentioned it. Stay tunned!

PUTFOT

There is no recommended daily dose. It depends on so many factors like aspirin or vitamin E use, diet, etc. A human study found as little as 0.6mg daily was enough to exert benefit on blood biomarkers of bone health. Less than that was not effective.
Is it enough to get vitamin K from diet only?

Badger

Constantine, thanks for tip about vitamin D, K2 and calcium. Will increase vit D for my tendon pains.

whit

Constantine, thanks for tip about vitamin D, K2 and calcium. Will increase vit D for my tendon pains.
Wecome to the RP forum badger.

Is it enough to get vitamin K from diet only?
Ruminant Liver, grass fed milk/cheese can be a decent source of Vit.k.
Dosage can vary greatly thats why most supplement topically.
Conversion can also be a factor for sure as well.

Constatine

Sure thing and welcome to the forum.

Does anybody know vitamin k's interaction with the immune system,? I can't find any literature on it. I've been getting really sick recently and have reason to believe vitamin k may be suppressing my immune system, but I've never heard of such an interaction. It's probably other factors but have any of you noticed immunosuppressive effects?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals