Jordan Peterson - The Carnivore Diet Changed My Life!

kayumochi

Having read both Napoleon Hill and Peterson I would respectfully disagree. His book 12 rules for life could certainly be said to have some elements of this as the practices that make one successful in the west are basically the same now as they were in Hills time. Although I would say his book is less about being successful in the way Hill writes (mainly financial success) and more about finding a purpose to sustain you through life.

However the majority of his work is not focused on self help it is much more in the psychology field. His books maps of meaning is in no way "success literature".

Also the fact that he is a clinical psychologist means that much of his work will take on the air of success literature as he has spent much of his clinical practice trying to improve people's lives as a clinical psychologist is want to do.

I think it is wrong to simply dismiss him simply as a "modern day Napoleon Hill". It makes me think that you have not watched many of his lectures or read much of his work beyond the snippets put forth in the MSM (apologies if this is not the case)

I am not dismissing Peterson by comparing him to Napoleon Hill. That is a compliment. Hill spent 20 years studying high achievers and I suspect put as much into his work as Peterson has put into his. I know little of what the MSM has said about Peterson but what I have heard sounds reminiscent of what journalists say of Hill and every other self-help author - they are dismissive. I am not. Nor am I dismissive about Peterson. If one applies oneself wholeheartedly to either Peterson's or Hill's work I have no doubt that one's life can be improved. It is you who is dismissive - to the self-help body of literature.

kayumochi

I am not dismissing Peterson by comparing him to Napoleon Hill. That is a compliment. Hill spent 20 years studying high achievers and I suspect put as much into his work as Peterson has put into his. I know little of what the MSM has said about Peterson but what I have heard sounds reminiscent of what journalists say of Hill and every other self-help author - they are dismissive. I am not. Nor am I dismissive about Peterson. If one applies oneself wholeheartedly to either Peterson's or Hill's work I have no doubt that one's life can be improved. It is you who is dismissive - to the self-help body of literature.

My view of Peterson mirrors Horowitz's: The Right Way to Argue – Mitch Horowitz – Medium

"Those critics who focus on the “simplistic” nature of Peterson’s advice get it all wrong. Certain “simple” ideas, such as not lying, are felt in their profundity only in application. When you apply them you are placed in front of some of life’s deepest questions, which you can follow or flee, as you return to the "persistency of your effort. That is a life worth living."

Literally just finished listening to this podcast. I can’t remeber who wrote it here, but someone on this forum was saying something similar to this, essentially eating just cola and meat for a week to avoid anything that could increase endotoxin.

Can anyone weigh in on why Jordan Peterson’s diet could be working so well for him? I just assumed better gut function due to no irritating foods?

Also his hair is remarkably better than in his videos from a couple of years ago.

lets call a spade a spade, the dude is on finasteride, cola and meat for a week will jack up your prolactin so high with all that phsophate and no calcium, its a good way to induce MPB if anything

dbh25

I have been on a carnivorous diet for 5 years now. This is the only diet that has reduced my health problems significantly. The only plant matter that I do not negatively react to is coffee. My diet consists of red meat, eggs, butter, salt and coffee.
Are you incorporating intermittent fasting also?

L

lollipop

There is definitely a higher fat requirement when healing, though whether it's healthy permanently I'm unsure.
I agree and even wonder about needing more fat for any type of brain healing? Then after healed, the requirement decreases along with cravings? And your question about being permanently healthy is a great one. I also am curious.

franko

Can anyone weigh in on why Jordan Peterson’s diet could be working so well for him? I just assumed better gut function due to no irritating foods?

I just started a thread relevant to this: https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/grant-genereuxs-theory-of-vitamin-a-toxicity.24722/

I think it worked for Jordan and his daughter because a carnivorous, all-meat (particularly just red meat) diet is an accidental Vitamin A elimination diet. My post introduces Grant Genereux's theory that vitamin A is a toxin and the root cause of the autoimmune diseases.

As the Peat readers will likely agree — it's not the carbs and it's not the sugar. I bet if Jordan and his daughter added in rice or potatoes to their diet they'd retain all the improvements they have had. Rice and potatoes have zero vitamin A.

It's hard to summarize without sounding absurd, but Genereux explains the connection between the autoimmune diseases and vitamin A.

You can read about it here: Ending the Mystery of Autoimmune

Dennis

It seems this diet would be a natural for eating once a day.
Do you eat red meat & eggs at breakfast, lunch and dinner?
I generally do not eat breakfast, because I'm not hungry at that time. Yes, red meat and/or eggs are eaten at _every_ meal. I lean toward red meat rather than eggs.

dbh25

I generally do not eat breakfast, because I'm not hungry at that time. Yes, red meat and/or eggs are eaten at _every_ meal. I lean toward red meat rather than eggs.
Thanks for clarifying.

Dennis

Could you go into more detail out of interest?
What health problems? Do you have any kind of blood work (thyroid, hormones etc)?
I have suffered life long digestive, sleep and energy issues. All my blood work used to be 'normal' up until 5 years back. After I changed my diet to a carnivorous diet my LDL went up. I have not done extensive blood work because its quite difficult to do in the socialized health care system of Canada ( unless you are really, really sick and a physician decides to do it). I just didn't see the point of badgering physicians who would dismiss my health problems because the blood work looked 'normal'. My switching to the carnivorous diet is what helped me the most, with _all_ 3 major health issues that I mentioned. My health issues have not completely resolved but it's a fraction of what it used to be.

J

jb116

I just started a thread relevant to this: https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/grant-genereuxs-theory-of-vitamin-a-toxicity.24722/

I think it worked for Jordan and his daughter because a carnivorous, all-meat (particularly just red meat) diet is an accidental Vitamin A elimination diet. My post introduces Grant Genereux's theory that vitamin A is a toxin and the root cause of the autoimmune diseases.

As the Peat readers will likely agree — it's not the carbs and it's not the sugar. I bet if Jordan and his daughter added in rice or potatoes to their diet they'd retain all the improvements they have had. Rice and potatoes have zero vitamin A.

It's hard to summarize without sounding absurd, but Genereux explains the connection between the autoimmune diseases and vitamin A.

You can read about it here: Ending the Mystery of Autoimmune
That's funny, I used Vit A as part of my regimen overcoming crohns. Vit A is absolutely essential in proper repair and steroid genesis.

EIRE24

O

I hope this works for you! I tried CDL, Oregano oil, Rizol, flagyl, Rifaximin.

Also some probiotics.

I think after the CDL my yellow coated tongue was gone, which I had for over ten years. But no other improvements from all that
What is CDL?

I read that you need like 40g fat for optimal absorption, though i just go by cravings. There is definitely a higher fat requirement when healing, though whether it's healthy permanently I'm unsure. Cravings for non stimulant foods are the best path to individual health as far as I'm concerned.
Vitamin E uptake is optimal from 3 grams of fat, higher amounts has only effect on lutein uptake. And vitamin D uptake around 11 grams, but high fat meal of 35 grams actually reduces Vit D uptake.

Amount of fat in the diet affects bioavailability of lutein esters but not of α-carotene, β-carotene, and vitamin E in humans | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic
How much fat do I need to absorb vitamin D?

sunraiser

Interesting!
I have seen different numbers (I believe from one of haiduts threads) on scaling vitamin D absorption and the fat amounts were a lot higher. I think the 40g reference was associated with k2.

It's probably not worth micromanaging as long as you're eating the amount of fat you enjoy.

theLaw

Her current diet: Beef + Salt + Water

"As the true method of knowledge is experiment, the true faculty of knowing must be the faculty which experiences."

ATP

I wonder what the reason for having a more severe reaction to a particular food is after reintroducing it?

My gut is distended and painful to touch all the time regardless of what I eat. Possibly what ever is causing her reaction to foods is common among people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals