Carnivore Diet

redsun

what nutrients should I look for ? I downloaded cronometer now and I put my breakfast and lunch, here it’s 12 am, now I am going to have lunch.
These are my micros until now , i’m Thinking too much iron ? And I don’t take any supplements but being young I don’t have too much money for it, what would the supplements staples that I should take ? Thanks

Consider increasing riboflavin, and pyridoxine content in the diet. On carnivore those numbers would have been much higher and they are integral for skin health. Also riboflavin is depleted much faster on a high fat diet as well as with lots of exercise so you had a much higher requirement back then as well. Biotin is not listed on cronometer, but animal foods are the only considerable sources of biotin, mainly meats and eggs. Biotin is incredibly important for skin and hair health and works synergistically with many of the other B-vitamins, including B2 and B6. Liver, eggs, meat being the best source in that order.

Also make sure you make the folate requirement everyday, it would take a day and a half to write down why you shouldnt skimp on folates. Liver, potatoes, orange juice, other folate foods should help.

If you can't make space for the foods to increase B2, B6 without going too high fat, a B-complex would help a lot. B1 is also low, and low B1 will bite you in the back sooner or later. Biotin supplement and possibly a good B-complex if you dont change your foods too much will probably sort out your dandruff issue. If you include a few more eggs and/or increase milk consumption it should help cover B2 and biotin(eggs).

I would still recommend biotin supplement regardless as biotin also increase glycogen stores and helps glucose control as well as necessary for overall skin, hair, nail health.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Consider increasing riboflavin, and pyridoxine content in the diet. On carnivore those numbers would have been much higher and they are integral for skin health. Also riboflavin is depleted much faster on a high fat diet as well as with lots of exercise so you had a much higher requirement back then as well. Biotin is not listed on cronometer, but animal foods are the only considerable sources of biotin, mainly meats and eggs. Biotin is incredibly important for skin and hair health and works synergistically with many of the other B-vitamins, including B2 and B6. Liver, eggs, meat being the best source in that order.

Also make sure you make the folate requirement everyday, it would take a day and a half to write down why you shouldnt skimp on folates. Liver, potatoes, orange juice, other folate foods should help.

If you can't make space for the foods to increase B2, B6 without going too high fat, a B-complex would help a lot. B1 is also low, and low B1 will bite you in the back sooner or later. Biotin supplement and possibly a good B-complex if you dont change your foods too much will probably sort out your dandruff issue. If you include a few more eggs and/or increase milk consumption it should help cover B2 and biotin(eggs).

I would still recommend biotin supplement regardless as biotin also increase glycogen stores and helps glucose control as well as necessary for overall skin, hair, nail health.

Ok bro , thank you !!
At the end of the day I will post what I ate for today and you will tell me what you think!

OP
Razvan

Razvan

E8FE5CD2-2242-461E-9F5C-D955F8789B32.png BBDF223E-C408-4497-9FE6-6DD1F486CB88.png

Ok here its 9 pm and I just finished my day of eating , what do you guys think? What can I improve?

Attachments

• 76A8B4BC-B7C4-4CE6-992D-F0F55007288F.png
    76A8B4BC-B7C4-4CE6-992D-F0F55007288F.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 99
  • BE9CFE34-E231-43DB-8766-2ECB13AAB9EC.png
    BE9CFE34-E231-43DB-8766-2ECB13AAB9EC.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 1DC4342D-9B23-43D9-8A47-5E3EB4256A80.png
    1DC4342D-9B23-43D9-8A47-5E3EB4256A80.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 5F710FFA-49E6-482F-B128-6245B0A9839F.png
    5F710FFA-49E6-482F-B128-6245B0A9839F.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 73
  • A98572D0-4358-4177-88D8-CA8CC2666B88.png
    A98572D0-4358-4177-88D8-CA8CC2666B88.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 6899B2BB-4D41-475B-BA1C-D2C635D6F4E5.png
    6899B2BB-4D41-475B-BA1C-D2C635D6F4E5.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 83

Cirion

Biotin is not listed on chronometer

It is, actually, but you have to go into the settings to do so. I went in there and enabled many extra things besides that also. I'm personally still not a fan of much dietary fat, but I am conceding that if I don't ever want to use supplements, I'll probably have to start having an egg or two a day to get biotin and choline. A couple of eggs won't break my PUFA bank.

redsun

It is, actually, but you have to go into the settings to do so. I went in there and enabled many extra things besides that also. I'm personally still not a fan of much dietary fat, but I am conceding that if I don't ever want to use supplements, I'll probably have to start having an egg or two a day to get biotin and choline. A couple of eggs won't break my PUFA bank.

Ah I see, never knew that. Unfortunately their data for biotin isnt really that great seeing as they list beef as having none as well as beef liver having none. Beef Liver is supposed to be richest source of biotin along with meats in general and eggs. I just checked and chicken liver has 50mcg per oz but most other animal livers come back with none. I mean its there its just unfortunate they havent tested it in all the things they are supposed to.

Cirion

Ah I see, never knew that. Unfortunately their data for biotin isnt really that great seeing as they list beef as having none as well as beef liver having none. Beef Liver is supposed to be richest source of biotin along with meats in general and eggs. I just checked and chicken liver has 50mcg per oz but most other animal livers come back with none. I mean its there its just unfortunate they havent tested it in all the things they are supposed to.

You can always edit the foods, I've had to do that on a couple, I usually do it on foods I have a lot that aren't accurately labeled or are missing stuff.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Well on the right track. Carbs are high, fat is kept on the low side, protein is more than sufficient and micros are accounted for. This is good.

Thanks again , you are amazing! I feel so good on this diet! But would you change something by time ? Like less beef because of the iron ?

redsun

Thanks again , you are amazing! I feel so good on this diet! But would you change something by time ? Like less beef because of the iron ?

Personally no, I used to stick to low iron per Peat's recommendation but I ended up with problems, Im 22. Heme iron is a natural iron protected in proteins and is not going to cause bacterial problems like iron fortified foods. You lose about 1mg a day a least or more depending if you sweat a lot among other things. The 8mg DV accounts for this seeing as iron absorption is low.

You are also on the tall side and young at 19, so you may grow a bit more and as a general rule need more vitamins and minerals. Dont skimp on any nutrient especially when young.

ngl

Different diets for different people... If Carnivore works for you why change?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals