No libido on carnivore diet? Here’s why!

Hans

Forum Supporter

What's been your experience with carnivore or low carb diets?
When my carb intake drops too low, I lose motivation for most things and my energy drops as well. On a higher carb diet I want to be active and my recovery is also good.

CastorTroy

Your posts are increasingly looking more like spam than anything else. It would fit better on sites la TNation, bb.com and those. It's so boring and distracting all this monothematic content about testosterone, erections and so on.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your posts are increasingly looking more like spam than anything else. It would fit better on sites la TNation, bb.com and those. It's so boring and distracting all this monothematic content about testosterone, erections and so on.
If you don't like it, don't read it. A lot of people struggle with this and I'm providing possible solutions. In the case of this article, some people don't know it's the lack of carbs causing it. For them, adding it will dramatically improve their lives. If I were to stop posting, I'd be withholding solutions from people.

B

Blaze

There has got to be a better way to bring criticism than your reply. No one will listen to you if you phrase things in a hurtful way. And, if it's a turn off ,if no one will listen...... then why bother posting a criticism in the first place. It is probably not heard. Constructive criticism spares peoples feelings and helps them to listen to you and learn and think about the point you want to make.

I certainly don't want to offend you either, I just am concerned the only thing we may achieve if our words are not chosen carefully, is discouraging posters and driving people en masse away from the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbity

Agreed. I come to RPF to read content on the RPF not to get bounced to a 3rd party site for clicks. Why not just post useful content here and then include the link at the end? Its seriously annoying.

B

Blaze

If you don't like it, don't read it. A lot of people struggle with this and I'm providing possible solutions. In the case of this article, some people don't know it's the lack of carbs causing it. For them, adding it will dramatically improve their lives. If I were to stop posting, I'd be withholding solutions from people.
Don't be discouraged or alienated and please keep posting, perhaps you can try to make things more interesting by altering your writing style or better yet, make it more personal by posting your ideas directly here on the forum instead of a link to your own website. I have enjoyed some of your posts. The interaction you mentioned between SHBG, testosterone and insulin was very interesting to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

dukesbobby777

Haha, Hans is getting haters! He must be doing something right. You know you're doing well when the salty haters start following you and commenting on everything that you're doing (because they have nothing better to do).

Keep up the good work Hans. I very much enjoy your content.

Abmartich

Completely agree with you. Generally Hans's posts are like rubbish.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Don't be discouraged or alienated and please keep posting, perhaps you can try to make things more interesting by altering your writing style or better yet, make it more personal by posting your ideas directly here on the forum instead of a link to your own website. I have enjoyed some of your posts. The interaction you mentioned between SHBG, testosterone and insulin was very interesting to me.
I'll put a TLDR with each article from now on. Thanks.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Haha, Hans is getting haters! He must be doing something right. You know you're doing well when the salty haters start following you and commenting on everything that you're doing (because they have nothing better to do).

Keep up the good work Hans. I very much enjoy your content.
Haha I thought this day would never come. 💪💪

CJ_87

Perhaps the reduced motivation on zero carbs comes from a lowered metabolic rate leading to reduction in novelty-seeking behaviour.

Though anecdotally I've heard that unthinking chores like house cleaning become easier on keto.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Perhaps the reduced motivation on zero carbs comes from a lowered metabolic rate leading to reduction in novelty-seeking behaviour.

Though anecdotally I've heard that unthinking chores like house cleaning become easier on keto.
There isn't necessarily a drop in metabolic rate. The RMR usually stays the same. Dopamine can drop though. When I'm eating low carb I feel constant low dopamine without desire to do much.

ArtIt

Not all people thrive on ketones alone. For those who do fine on ketones, they do not need carbs, but this does not provide a long life. Find me a carnivore community who live as long a people in Blue Zones who consume a lot of carbs, mainy complex carbs as whole grains. For me not having carbs day after day, means no morning erection.

LadyRae

As a woman, low carb tanked my libido but it took a year or so, and excessive exercise was also probably to blame.. I probably wasn't eating enough fat to produce sex hormones... As my skin tone seem to suffer at about the same time...

Some people are going to do great on lower carb but there are so many variables involved with its success. How much activity is one getting in a day? How much sleep? As we age people seem to be both more sensitive to glucose intolerance and also more apt to experience gonadal hormone disturbances when stressed...

I think @Hans has a ton of valuable information an experience working with a lot of people from different backgrounds. I enjoy his articles even though they're geared towards men obviously... There was one article that I couldn't read though because of pop-ups that just wouldn't stop...

My kids really want to travel to Africa and I think that South Africa would be our choice; I'll definitely be looking him up for tips when we visit there. 🌞

ArtIt

I have seen the video before. Of course, her looks and vitality are very inspiring. But I know a little more. There was an Austrian physician who after the war treated 50 post cancer treatment women, and his idea was to limit carbs to 27 g with each of the 3 meals daily. 49 of those 50 women who followed his diet survived for more than 10 years. The name of the physician was Wolfgang Lutzs. He followed his own diet and lived to 97 (1913-2010). There was later in the 60s a doctor in Poland, whose name I do not recoll , who basically offered his patients a carnivore diet, his wife ate a carnivore diet and was happy, her mood was excellent. But in Poland the doctor was later accused that that some people on the carnivore diet develop colon cancer. To which the doctor replied that shepherds never develop cancer. Do shepherds in Poland never eat carbs? I don't know. To me that remarkable woman in the video is a happy exception.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals