Copper, Molybdenum, and Libido/ED improvements

jadh189

Forum Supporter
Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

After a couple of years of on-and-off keto/carnivore and high caffeine consumption, my body would no longer allow me to carry on with the diet and I developed a strong caffeine intolerance. I started getting dizzy after eating, depression, fatigue, hair shedding, issues with ED, and getting weird histamine symptoms.

After a couple of years of trial and error, I was able to get by on a low histamine/ low sulfur diet (as I believe I developed hydrogen sulfur sibo). All symptoms improved but were still not optimal and left only eating a restricted diet.

I began taking around 300-450 mcg of Molybdenum with b6 and my Libido, morning wood, and erection quality became consistently great as if I was a teenager again (28 now). I also gained a lot of energy and felt overall fantastic for a week or so. However, after a week, my energy levels began to tank but I kept up the supplement due to the libido benefits until after a month when that became hit and miss and it was clear I had a copper deficiency. I started getting dizzy after eating, major hair shedding, easily bruised, and had general histamine symptoms.

I stopped the molybdenum supplement and started taking copper with each meal which eventually stopped the dizziness/spaced-out feeling mostly and again gave me the libido benefits. However, I'm left with Tinnitus when I go to bed and after 2 weeks my erection quality is hit and miss again. I feel like I've depleted something else with the copper but am unsure how to proceed from here.

The whole journey since my keto/carnivore days has been a rollercoaster and is pretty draining at times and would love to figure out what i f'ed up to get myself into this situation. Whether the excess zinc/iron from the diet caused a metal imbalance like copper and molybdenum or it's mainly a microbiome issue I need to sort out.

I've spent plenty of money on Drs, naturopaths, and blood tests but nothing has been conclusive, apart from a low copper/ceruloplasmin from the Molybdemum.
I gave myself an issue with oxalates due to high consumption during this time and I struggle with salicylates (they give me ED).

A few things that fixed the ED and other symptoms pretty much instantly included, very high sugar intake, Green tea, Betaine HCL and occasionally Epsom salt baths but unfortunately these were short lived and no longer have an effect.

Again if anyone has any pointers I'd be extremely grateful.

Zoltanman

I went down a 3 year rabbit hole trying to work stuff out for myself, like this description you've given of the copper / moly / b6... could literally have been lifted from my life in 2021-22.

If I could go back in time and tell myself what to do, it'd be this: "how to heal your metabolism" kate deering and start small and slow with her recommendations. Build the foundation.

It's worth paying for some sort of coaching, and buying her book is the best value coaching you'll find. If I had just invested in better people when I was learning I'd have soooo much more progress behind me now!!

OP
J

jadh189

Forum Supporter
I went down a 3 year rabbit hole trying to work stuff out for myself, like this description you've given of the copper / moly / b6... could literally have been lifted from my life in 2021-22.

If I could go back in time and tell myself what to do, it'd be this: "how to heal your metabolism" kate deering and start small and slow with her recommendations. Build the foundation.

It's worth paying for some sort of coaching, and buying her book is the best value coaching you'll find. If I had just invested in better people when I was learning I'd have soooo much more progress behind me now!!
Thank you for your response, ill definitely purchase the book. What led you to try supplementing the copper/moly/b6?

Zoltanman

@jadh189 I was looking for answers to a lot of things and ADHD was possibly (I thought then) one of the issues. moly for toxin excretion B6 for skin stuff + brain calming and copper for reasons I can't recall exactly. Possibly what I thought were histamine issues but turned out were serotonin driven instead.

Truth

@jadh189 Hi, is this the only thing you're trying to improve, or are there other things you want to improve?

OP
J

jadh189

Forum Supporter
@jadh189 I was looking for answers to a lot of things and ADHD was possibly (I thought then) one of the issues. moly for toxin excretion B6 for skin stuff + brain calming and copper for reasons I can't recall exactly. Possibly what I thought were histamine issues but turned out were serotonin driven instead.
Hmm that is interesting

OP
J

jadh189

Forum Supporter
@jadh189 Hi, is this the only thing you're trying to improve, or are there other things you want to improve?
The main things I've wanted to improve since having these issues are fatigue, erection quality, hair loss, and just recently tinnitus. I've also had unwanted weight gain, pale stools and burping after eating, and an up-and-down emotional state. I would also like to tolerate more food types.

Truth

The main things I've wanted to improve since having these issues are fatigue, erection quality, hair loss, and just recently tinnitus. I've also had unwanted weight gain, pale stools and burping after eating, and an up-and-down emotional state. I would also like to tolerate more food types.
What do you eat, are you still taking certain supplements?

Do you have strong, dry burps that are not unpleasant, or do you have small burps that are potentially blocked at the throat/trachea level and come out less suddenly, that are potentially odorous, potentially unpleasant, and potentially with liquids and/or solids coming back up?

Last edited:
OP
J

jadh189

Forum Supporter

Do you have strong, dry burps that are not unpleasant, or do you have small burps that are potentially blocked at the throat/trachea level and come out less suddenly, that are potentially odorous, and potentially with liquids and/or solids coming back

Do you have strong, dry burps that are not unpleasant, or do you have small burps that are potentially blocked at the throat/trachea level and come out less suddenly, that are potentially odorous, and potentially with liquids and/or solids coming back up?
For the past year I've been eating a low oxalate/salicylate/sulfur diet to the best of my ability. Mainly white rice, salmon, oats, and chickpeas are the staples as I react to a lot of vegetables and meat (makes me burp more and have paler stools). So my diet has been less than ideal but it's helped me get by.
potentially blocked at the throat/trachea level and come out less suddenly
This explains them most of the time but not odorous (to me at least) only sometimes can they bring up liquid if say I've had a large amount of orange juice. Some times it feel acidic but less of the time now for some reason.

Truth

For the past year I've been eating a low oxalate/salicylate/sulfur diet to the best of my ability. Mainly white rice, salmon, oats, and chickpeas are the staples as I react to a lot of vegetables and meat (makes me burp more and have paler stools). So my diet has been less than ideal but it's helped me get by.
Allgood, how do you feel when you eat cheese?
where do you live, do you still take certain supplements and/or "medications"?
This explains them most of the time but not odorous (to me at least) only sometimes can they bring up liquid if say I've had a large amount of orange juice. Some times it feel acidic but less of the time now for some reason.
Do you often drink orange juice these past month (like multiples Times a week) or have you tried it a few times and stopped?

OP
J

jadh189

Forum Supporter
Allgood, how do you feel when you eat cheese?
where do you live, do you still take certain supplements and/or "medications"?

Do you often drink orange juice these past month (like multiples Times a week) or have you tried it a few times and stopped?
Cheese unfortunately gives me sinus issues and sometimes spots.
I've taken a whole heap of supplements over the past couple of years most having a non or negative effect. Such as thiamine, selenium, iodine all had strong negatives.
Green tea extract, Betaine HCl were positive for a short period now no longer effective.
Only supplemented molybdenum and copper recently, with some zinc at times.

Couldn't drink OJ due to the acidic affect although had it over the Christmas period and was okay on that front although still think it gives me a histamine issue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals