Libido - ED - Need some help pls [DHT / Minox? ]

OP
S

Shadow5

Do you have a history of dieting and fasting? This is where my issues began. What is your current calorie consumption? An extended calorie deficit can cause long term dopamine down regulation and serotonin increase. That may be a common problem for many fitness, physique minded people. These adaptations aren’t easy to change. From what I gather very high calorie consumption must be worked up to or some other method of getting NAD+ to stay elevated.

Sure.

My diet is close to perfection. Only "bad" daily food is some bread (never had any problem with bread in my life anyway).

-7 to 10 organic raw or steam cooking fruits & vegetables. Bananas, Kiwi, lemon, apple, tons of raw organic brocoli, carrot, cabbage, beets, spinach, peppers...

-Organic meat, some fish, some home eggs (have some chickens), cottage cheese and cheese for proteins. Also, 30g of high quality whey.

-Some carbs.

-Also daily taking half dose of high quality multivitamins (UNAE labs), few drops of vit D (during winter), and some magnesium citrate.

-Also eating raw organic cacao power in my shake, with brewer's yeast.

Eating around 3000 cals a day for now. Bodyfat is around 10-12%. I'm not even close to overtraining. Strengh is good. Sleep is good. Motivation (at the gym) is good.

I also tried to supp NAD+ for a moment. Did nothing.

OP
S

Shadow5

Try high dose. It will bring up your DHT levels. Plus you have fairly high prolactin.

PFS doesn't heal overnight. It has taken many a long time to get back to somewhat where we were

DHT increased even more since last time.

I'm on upper range right now, so I don't think it's DHT related (maybe receptors, but not the DHT itself).

Dont't you think that's kinda risky to blast Androsterone while my hormonals blood works are pretty good, and my body is very lean and muscular af while being natty?

OP
S

Shadow5

I'm giving 1500$ on crypto to whoever cures me.

Bounty increasing. Tired of this ***t :(

Risingfire

DHT increased even more since last time.

I'm on upper range right now, so I don't think it's DHT related (maybe receptors, but not the DHT itself).

Dont't you think that's kinda risky to blast Androsterone while my hormonals blood works are pretty good, and my body is very lean and muscular af while being natty?
Can you send me your latest bloods?

Nebula

Sure.

My diet is close to perfection. Only "bad" daily food is some bread (never had any problem with bread in my life anyway).

-7 to 10 organic raw or steam cooking fruits & vegetables. Bananas, Kiwi, lemon, apple, tons of raw organic brocoli, carrot, cabbage, beets, spinach, peppers...

-Organic meat, some fish, some home eggs (have some chickens), cottage cheese and cheese for proteins. Also, 30g of high quality whey.

-Some carbs.

-Also daily taking half dose of high quality multivitamins (UNAE labs), few drops of vit D (during winter), and some magnesium citrate.

-Also eating raw organic cacao power in my shake, with brewer's yeast.

Eating around 3000 cals a day for now. Bodyfat is around 10-12%. I'm not even close to overtraining. Strengh is good. Sleep is good. Motivation (at the gym) is good.

I also tried to supp NAD+ for a moment. Did nothing.
Have you ever ate near 2000 calories or less for an extended time in the past? Even just a month or two? I’m pretty sure that’s what messed me up. Even when I thought I was eating near 3000 calories I don’t think the fruit was ripe enough or in reality providing the carbs I thought they were so under eating energy wise. I don’t consider fruit to be a reliable energy source for me anymore. It doesn’t seem to provide the energy it should in theory. I require ample starch to provide glycogen for significant exercise.

The raw cruciferous vegetables you mentioned are potentially very anti metabolic. Do you have any labs on T3 levels? They could potentially greatly lower thyroid activity.

OP
S

Shadow5

Can you send me your latest bloods?

-Prolactin 8ng / ml
-Creatinin : 10mg / L
-hCG < 2
-Leptin : 1.5 ng/ml

- Oestradiol : 17 pg / ml
- Test : 11 ng / ml - 1100 ng / DL
- DHT 1.5 nmol/L
- SBP 49.5
- Test / SBP : 76.8 (range is 28-78)

- FSH 3.2
- LH 4.5
- TSH 3.6 microUI/ml
- FT3 : 6 pmol / L
- FT4 14.2 pmol / L

OP
S

Shadow5

Have you ever ate near 2000 calories or less for an extended time in the past? Even just a month or two? I’m pretty sure that’s what messed me up. Even when I thought I was eating near 3000 calories I don’t think the fruit was ripe enough or in reality providing the carbs I thought they were so under eating energy wise. I don’t consider fruit to be a reliable energy source for me anymore. It doesn’t seem to provide the energy it should in theory. I require ample starch to provide glycogen for significant exercise.

The raw cruciferous vegetables you mentioned are potentially very anti metabolic. Do you have any labs on T3 levels? They could potentially greatly lower thyroid activity.

Was eating nothing late 2019 because of depression due to life event. Big big deficit. Kept the gym tho. Lost all my fat, was shredded af and still kinda muscular.

Problems started during this period, but it's also the time I took Minoxydil, saw palmetoo, nettle root and all others 5ar inibitors and pharmacetical bull****.

youngsinatra

How is your macro split at the moment? I find higher carb lower fat (<15% of total calories) beneficial for blood flow and erectile quality.

Vitamin D supplementation is a tricky one for me in terms of libido. It seemed to boost libido for a while and then it caused ED other times, that went away after a few days of discontinuation. (5-7 days)

I am off all vitamin D for a few months now and my blood flow is better now than when I was supplementing. Vitamin D seems to really lower magnesium and potassium, which is why I think it caused ED sometimes in my case. Taking supplemental magnesium or upping my potassium dietarily seemed to not counter it enough.

I think that‘s also the reason why vitamin D caused some issues with tense muscles, anxiety, heart palpitations and blood pressure issues.
That also resolves after a week off vitamin D.

I personally take lots of magnesium (1.5g elemental magnesium/d) as my body craves it somehow. I had vitamin D levels in the 85ng/ml zone and I think my body is in a huge dept for minerals.

Just some thoughts.

Vins7

I just mentioned it: antibiotics

Eating clean means nothing. I'm sure your diet is full of fiber and resistant starches that you consider clean.
Your diet for avoiding endotoxin is no starch no fiber?

Nebula

Was eating nothing late 2019 because of depression due to life event. Big big deficit. Kept the gym tho. Lost all my fat, was shredded af and still kinda muscular.
Yeah this sounds significant. Something similar happened to me after college. Getting shredded through a large chronic calorie deficit and lifting tends to have a permanent effect on neurotransmitters and other adaptations unless a very strong sustained energy abundance signal occurs to reverse these adaptations.

@thingsvarious recently wrote an article on this. He also experienced similar symptoms and traced it back to a year that he lifted and dieted down to single digit body fat.

View: https://hormetheus.medium.com/the-simulated-refeed-f1e09905e298

Sustained very high calorie refeeds can potentially reverse neurotransmitter adaptations, but that often comes with a lot of fat gain and doesn’t always work. But if the increase is very gradual that might result in much less fat gain.

He has a little more complicated theory and protocol that he came up with that he thinks fully recovered him using pharmaceuticals that simulates a refeed. I’m not sure it’s the best or safest method, but it’s an interesting article that made me think he’s on to something with how to treat symptoms of low sexual and mental vitality when hormone blood tests show they are normal.

Last edited:

Vins7

So
Yeah this sounds significant. Something similar happened to me after college. Getting shredded through a large chronic calorie deficit and lifting tends to have a permanent effect on neurotransmitters and other adaptations unless a very strong sustained energy abundance signal occurs to reverse these adaptations.

@thingsvarious recently wrote an article on this. He also experienced similar symptoms and traced it back to a year that he lifted and dieted down to single digit body fat.

View: https://hormetheus.medium.com/the-simulated-refeed-f1e09905e298

Sustained very high calorie refeeds can potentially reverse neurotransmitter adaptations, but that often comes with a lot of fat gain and doesn’t always work. But if the increase is very gradual that might result in much less fat gain.

He has a little more complicated theory and protocol that he came up with that he think fully recovered him using pharmaceuticals that simulates a refeed. I’m not sure it’s the best or safest method, but it’s an interesting article that made me think he’s on to something with how to treat symptoms of low sexual and mental vitality when hormone blood tests show they are normal.

So you haven't fixed you sex/health issue yet?

Nebula

So

So you haven't fixed you sex/health issue yet?
I have felt good on cyproheptadine + cabergoline, but that didn’t seem sustainable although it did confirm it was a neurotransmitter issue. So I’m slowly increasing calories, using small amounts of niacinamide, daily gelatin, and trying to keep my vision in bright light hopefully to cause some permanent changes to neurotransmitters.

Risingfire

-Prolactin 8ng / ml
-Creatinin : 10mg / L
-hCG < 2
-Leptin : 1.5 ng/ml

- Oestradiol : 17 pg / ml
- Test : 11 ng / ml - 1100 ng / DL
- DHT 1.5 nmol/L
- SBP 49.5
- Test / SBP : 76.8 (range is 28-78)

- FSH 3.2
- LH 4.5
- TSH 3.6 microUI/ml
- FT3 : 6 pmol / L
- FT4 14.2 pmol / L
Your DHT isn't that high.

FYI, you're clearly hypothyroid

Risingfire

Yeah not that high.

Hypothyroid, so it means that my gland isn't producing enough hormons, right?
How can I have such high T?
The body is pretty complicated. Your adrenals could be compensating right now. I'd like to see your DHEA sulfate or DHEA. My DHEA levels were above the reference range in my late twenties after I took Finasteride. But my TSH was at 3.8 on that same blood test. I was waking up extremely cold and had a very low pulse.

There are numerous people on this forum who have seen a rise in their libido following some of the principles of Ray Peat.

Spartan300

@Risingfire last tests I had my TSH was similar to yours and my DHEA-S is also above ref range. Morning cortisol above ref range.

How did you rectify your situation?

OP
S

Shadow5

The body is pretty complicated. Your adrenals could be compensating right now. I'd like to see your DHEA sulfate or DHEA. My DHEA levels were above the reference range in my late twenties after I took Finasteride. But my TSH was at 3.8 on that same blood test. I was waking up extremely cold and had a very low pulse.

There are numerous people on this forum who have seen a rise in their libido following some of the principles of Ray Peat.

1646338247412.png

In range (last time tested).

I'm not cold, pulse is normal.

I'm following Ray Peat lifestyle / diet (not 100%, but the big lines). Working wonderfull for appearance, performance, strenght, aesthetic, muscles.
Not helping my ****88 up libido / **** :(

Vins7

View attachment 34249

In range (last time tested).

I'm not cold, pulse is normal.

I'm following Ray Peat lifestyle / diet (not 100%, but the big lines). Working wonderfull for appearance, performance, strenght, aesthetic, muscles.
Not helping my ****88 up libido / **** :(
Are you sure that you have not been overtraining for a time?

Risingfire

@Risingfire last tests I had my TSH was similar to yours and my DHEA-S is also above ref range. Morning cortisol above ref range.

How did you rectify your situation?
Avoiding pufas like there was no tomorrow. Started taking thyroid. Regular consumption of liver, oysters and carrot salad. I’m sure there was way more than that but that quickly pops up. 10 methoxy definitely has helped as well

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals