Blood work help - Suffering from ED and no libido

OP
N

Nole98

dont east them raw. cook them. those are very strong goitrogens, which interfere with your thyroid function in various way. try dropping them completely for now and see how you feel and if u don't want to do that then at least cook them. 15-20 min of boiling is enough.
I'll try that. Thanks so much.

OP
N

Nole98

Hey mate.

How are you now?
Thanks so much for asking. Still battling ED and libido, but I'm sleeping well and my mental health is better. My estrogen was above the range, so my doctor has me taking an estrogen blocker. I need to test again soon to see if it's lower.

DonLore

It did! I tried to go vegan. I read that vegan diets can cause a spike to shbg, so I immediately stopped. Now, I eat whole foods - lots of leafy greens (up to a pound in the Vitamix), salmon, eggs, blueberries/ bananas, and whole grains in moderation.
Thats not a good diet. You clearly are hypothyroid. Cut out grains, salmon, leafy greens, any raw veggies, start eating tropical fruit, beef, liver, etc. And lots of carbs as in fruit, juice, honey, maple syrup

OP
N

Nole98

Thats not a good diet. You clearly are hypothyroid. Cut out grains, salmon, leafy greens, any raw veggies, start eating tropical fruit, beef, liver, etc. And lots of carbs as in fruit, juice, honey, maple syrup
Thanks. Your diet sounds way more delicious that's for sure. I have dialed back the raw veggies and leafy greens. Although I recently read a book called How Not to Die. It's compelling, science based. In sum it recommends eating more veggies and greens.

DonLore

Thanks. Your diet sounds way more delicious that's for sure. I have dialed back the raw veggies and leafy greens. Although I recently read a book called How Not to Die. It's compelling, science based. In sum it recommends eating more veggies and greens.
There is really no reason to eat veggies/greens if fruit is available, but of course well cooked veggies are ok and can be tasty if cooked with butter etc. You should read Ray Peats articles and some research that has been posted here, especially by haidut. All the stuff Ray recommends and this forum is focused on, has helped me a lot and still improving

OP
N

Nole98

There is really no reason to eat veggies/greens if fruit is available, but of course well cooked veggies are ok and can be tasty if cooked with butter etc. You should read Ray Peats articles and some research that has been posted here, especially by haidut. All the stuff Ray recommends and this forum is focused on, has helped me a lot and still improviRhsnks

There is really no reason to eat veggies/greens if fruit is available, but of course well cooked veggies are ok and can be tasty if cooked with butter etc. You should read Ray Peats articles and some research that has been posted here, especially by haidut. All the stuff Ray recommends and this forum is focused on, has helped me a lot and still improving
Thanks DonLore. I have read several of Ray's articles. As I mentioned the evidence is equally compelling from Dr. Greger. Many of the top 10 killers of Americans can be traced back to animal protein and the way it's procured and processed in this country. Ultimately, we're all different, so we need to find what's best for ourselves. I'm glad to hear you're improving with your approach.

DonLore

Thanks DonLore. I have read several of Ray's articles. As I mentioned the evidence is equally compelling from Dr. Greger. Many of the top 10 killers of Americans can be traced back to animal protein and the way it's procured and processed in this country. Ultimately, we're all different, so we need to find what's best for ourselves. I'm glad to hear you're improving with your approach.
Animal protein being the top killer? I would love to see some evidence on that. Its not like people started to eat meat just 50 years ago, and before that they surely lived on soybean oil.. Some common sense goes a long way when trying to figure out what to trust. Everything Ray says makes sense, while the claim that meat kills makes absolutely zero sense. I am just making this point so that you dont fall victim to some "health gurus" who actually makes people worse off or have some agenda of their own. The meat hating culture runs rampant but the sooner people realize that quality meat, collagen and organ meats are the real super food, the better. All the best to your health journey

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals