Zinc Killed My Libido

BibleBeliever

I have tried eating dark chocolate but it did nothing

I have also tried raw cacao beans.I saw some improvment but I had to stop because they were making me feel strange.Could it be something in the cacao?
Raw cocoa is extremely high in phytic acid and probably has mold toxins.

Did you try dark chocolate with milk?
Copper absorption as affected by supplemental calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium and potassium. - PubMed - NCBI

Calcium helps you retain copper. Milk also helps counter the oxalates in chocolate, and should help counter any heavy metals in it, while lowering iron absorption. The manganese in the chocolate should further help lower the iron absorption, with the high copper content helping you utilize the rest.

In your other post if you want manganese; ginger, ceylon cinnamon, mussels, maple syrup, there are endless high sources of it.

OP
J4son

J4son

Raw cocoa is extremely high in phytic acid and probably has mold toxins.

Did you try dark chocolate with milk?
Copper absorption as affected by supplemental calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium and potassium. - PubMed - NCBI

Calcium helps you retain copper. Milk also helps counter the oxalates in chocolate, and should help counter any heavy metals in it, while lowering iron absorption. The manganese in the chocolate should further help lower the iron absorption, with the high copper content helping you utilize the rest.

In your other post if you want manganese; ginger, ceylon cinnamon, mussels, maple syrup, there are endless high sources of it.

What I think I have is manganese deficiency.I dont think that I have a copper deficiency anymore.Being deficient in manganese my body cant hold zinc.I was thinking about eating oatmeal for manganese.

BibleBeliever

What I think I have is manganese deficiency.I dont think that I have a copper deficiency anymore.Being deficient in manganese my body cant hold zinc.I was thinking about eating oatmeal for manganese.
"Being deficient in manganese my body cant hold zinc." Interesting. You have any references for that; I'd like to read more about this connection.
Maple syrup is very high in manganese. Ginger powder is touted to have 77%ish manganese per 5 grams; pro-metabolism and testosterone too.

Bluestreek

Pine nuts are a good and extremely high source of Manganese. But the problem is that, with enyone of these minerals low, if you eat a lot even with food, you will suppress some other mineral which is also low.
I have tried using Chashew nuts (for copper), Brazil nuts for Selenium and Macadenia (for Manganese) and when I eat them together, the effects are much better. I can feel that I am slightly improving.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@gbolduev how would you suggest I manipulate this??

Attachments

• IMG_2079.PNG
    IMG_2079.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 104

Nighteyes

Appreciate the response. I'll need to get my hands on this as a supplement.

I would recommend trying to get it from food. Lentils, oats and rye bread might be good options. There are some scary case reports about people overdosing on molybdenum. In general I really think using isolated supplements is the wrong way to go. Learned that the hard way. I believe amazoniac posted something about no nutrient ever being depleted alone and it is far too easy to unbalance oneself.

A case report of acute human molybdenum toxicity from a dietary molybdenum supplement--a new member of the "Lucor metallicum" family. - PubMed - NCBI

In the case above the person "only" took between 300-800 micrograms / day for 18 days and got into real trouble

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I would recommend trying to get it from food. Lentils, oats and rye bread might be good options. There are some scary case reports about people overdosing on molybdenum. In general I really think using isolated supplements is the wrong way to go. Learned that the hard way. I believe amazoniac posted something about no nutrient ever being depleted alone and it is far too easy to unbalance oneself.

A case report of acute human molybdenum toxicity from a dietary molybdenum supplement--a new member of the "Lucor metallicum" family. - PubMed - NCBI

In the case above the person "only" took between 300-800 micrograms / day for 18 days and got into real trouble
I REALLY appreciate this, thanks. WIll start to incorporate these foods immediately.

ubiety

Interestingly, I received an update today from Nathan Hatch for his F*ck portion control book and he mentions copper excess as a molybdenum deficiency and lists sources like spring water, and also suggests that low dose molyb supplementation may be necessary to get copper under control. There are other significant benefits that he mentions for molyb. I checked Amazon and there are plenty of sources totaling hundreds of reviews where people benefited from molyb supplementation. I ordered some.
Obviously, we all need to manage risk and do what we feel is best for our situation.

Last edited:

Nighteyes

Obviously, we all need to manage risk and do what we feel is best for our situation.

Yes, I agree with this. I just think a lot of the time people dont take the time to consider the risks/proper dosages before using supplements. Recently this was the case for vitamin A in several instances on this forum as well. It is too easy to misjudge the needs of your body. I think from foods the body has a better chance of regulating things. And things like manganese, molybdenum and other trace stuff can easily be obtained from foods in high amounts. Something like vitamin E is more difficult and often warrents supplementing imho. But yes, low dosing is always better

magnesiumania

People dont seem to understand copper metabolism. Copper is worthless unless its bound to ceruloplasmin. Supplemental copper is often not very bio-available and a lot of unbound copper is no use. Active vit A (retinol) is the best way to support you copper/iron metabolism. Retinol loads copper on to ceruloplasmin, so it also can express as the ferroxidase enzyme that oxidise Fe3 to Fe2, the latter can jump on Transferrin (transportprotein for iron). A high ferritin is worthless and at best a great way to measure inflammation. You want the iron to circulate....this does not happen with low ferroxidase enzyme activity.

About zinc supplements, congratulations all your copper is bound up in Metallothionein. Max 10mg each day is safe in my view.

magnesiumania

Yes, I agree with this. I just think a lot of the time people dont take the time to consider the risks/proper dosages before using supplements. Recently this was the case for vitamin A in several instances on this forum as well. It is too easy to misjudge the needs of your body. I think from foods the body has a better chance of regulating things. And things like manganese, molybdenum and other trace stuff can easily be obtained from foods in high amounts. Something like vitamin E is more difficult and often warrents supplementing imho. But yes, low dosing is always better

I have a teaspoon of red palm oil each day =)

magnesiumania

so, is there a ratio of zinc to copper, to guide us?

Just eat foods man....zinc will normalize when you eliminate toxic iron thats stuck in your liver etc. Iron in tissues and organs cause oxidative stress > inflammation and that iron dont show up on any test that im aware of.

Zinc and iron compete for absortion as they share receptor. And big brother iron always wins.

Also as melatonin normalize zinc levels tends to normalize. Wear blue blockers (at least)

This is normal.
A good libido is also about how long and intense you can stand pleasure before you need to lower it by ejaculation. Same for women too.
Genius.

Very easy . Zinc lowers magnesium which makes copper biounavailable. This will lower your serum manganese. Since serum manganese goes down your IRON cant come out into the serum. IRON is what makes DHT sensitive.

"Easy" Then lists 6 interactions.:tearsofjoy:

magnesiumania

For vitamin A?

No, for E. It takes 12 units of beta carotene + energy +a copper dependent enzyme (beta-carotene monooxigenase) people dont have when they are deficient i bio-available copper, to make 1 unit of retinol. This is a very inefficient way when you can have beef liver.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals