Thyroid Kills My Libido, Causes Testicular Ache And Bye Bye Erections

Sumbody

It doesn't matter what it is, 25mcg or 50mcg Levo, IdeaLabs TyroMix or an NDT product.

Every time thyroid builds up, usually a week or two after taking any dosing, my testicle will begin to ache. Usually very minor starting with the left, but it builds up, sometimes both will ache, and eventually my libido crashes hard, and then there goes my ability to obtain an erection, or keep one. Erection quality is also affected during nighttime tumescence.

Anyone else experience this? Why and how would this happen?

It usually takes a month or more to return to "normal" after quitting thyroid. When I took 50mcg t4 for two months for the first time, it took at least 3-4 months to get back to somewhere close to where I was before then, but still, I feel like I've never been the same since.

fradon

some how the meds are effecting your pituatray. since the pituatray signals the release of testosteron and thyroid then supplementing might cause it to stop producing its own. Thyroid, Testosterone, and Doopamine all seem to flow in the same pathway.

i figure it a bit like people who supplement Testostrone then the body stops producing thier own and they feel worse than when they started.

Try 50,000 units a day of vitamin A. Dr Peat said sometimes this is needed when you correct hypo thyroid.

Have a thyroid panel. Probably you are getting hyperthyroid state from exogenous thyroid.

japanesedude

I believe a few people on this forum has reported loss of libido from using T4.
I personally use T3 only and I have never been experienced these problems. It actually increases my libido.

Uh, are you actually hypothyroid?

Excess thyroid hormones are going to increase estrogen, and excess estrogen is a good way to lose libido.

I was listening to Dr. Peat (can't remember which one) and he said that often people who are hypothyroid need lots and lots of A, 50,000 units a day is what he said, because there is a protein that uses A and thyroid in the transport and manufacture of steroids.

I think that many men are missing this and may fix thyroid and find they have an A deficiency without realizing it.

TeaRex14

What's your serum cholesterol? Increasing thyroid will increase the conversion of cholesterol into hormones, thus lowering your serum cholesterol, sometimes extensively lowering it. Make sure you're getting plenty of sugar and choline in your diet to keep cholesterol levels up.

OP
S

Sumbody

Thank you guys so much for all the helpful advice!

Here is an original post I made a couple months back explaining my situation.

Need Advice Lowering TSH After Having Bad Reaction To Prescribed Levoxyl

I was recently tested about a month ago and my TSH had risen to 17. And in the past T3/T4 were normal, this time T4 was hovering on the bottom edge of low end.

However I was supplementing with a product that contained about 4-500 mcg Iodine prior to this and I know that can cause TSH to rise.

I was most recently supplementing with 12.5 MG Iodoral and have been feeling great, but I stopped after 4 days of bumping to 25mg as I may have had a weird reaction, however I'm not sure if it was related to the Iodine. BTW, Im aware of the controversies surrounding Iodine and thyroid, etc. But a month of 12.5 MG has made me feel pretty awesome!

Another thing I wasn't aware of in the past with Hormone tests is the need to cease all biotin supplementation. I was never aware of this previously.

Moving forward this next year I will have better health insurance and will hopefully be able to get a broader range of tests done. I have always felt this whole thing was brought on by some simple nutritional deficiencies.

Thanks for all the help guys! I wish you all a very happy New Year!

OP
S

Sumbody

Also thanks for the recommendation on the Vitamin A! This makes sense!

I had recently noticed that my eyesight at night or early hours seemed a bit off. I noticed that headlights seemed way brighter than I had noticed before and that possibly my "night vision" or ability to adapt to the dark maybe wasn't as good. Another odd thing I noticed recently as well is that my eyelids seem to stick to my eyes a bit or something. Almost like my eyes are a little dry maybe? Never really had that before. Seems to happen later in the day. But I also get a lot of junk in my eyes from sawdust and etc. at work.

Anyways I had purchased a 25,000 IU of A and took it a few times but was scared of over doing it without knowing my current levels.

I think I'm gonna give that a try for a while. I've always had really good vision, and I felt things were a little off recently so that kinda makes sense.

theLaw

Thyroid can increase metabolism requiring more calories.

This is where the basics (diet) are needed with any supplement. You can chase each vitamin/mineral, or you can just make sure to eat more than you think you need of each.

Liver
Oysters
Milk
Eggs (including shells for calcium)
Gelatin

Whichway?

I would try taking some T3 with the T4. Also the increased T4 maybe making you metabolism more active revealing nutrient deficiencies that are currently underlying.

Your body does it’s best second to second to balance everything with the nutrients and molecules it has available to keep you alive. It’s harder to get into an unbalanced nutrient state from only eating foods. When you start adding supplements it can more quickly cause imbalances in other nutrients, or in your case as your metabolism increases on the thyroid, you start to reveal where your metabolism in weak in particular areas.

Are you getting enough zinc? My balls can often ache if I become low in zinc. I find it quickly helps resolve this issue. Also selenium may be needed.

peter88

Tyromix and kuinone both cause me to wake up sleepy in the mornings and obliterate my erections. If I somehow manage to get an erection, I feel no pleasure. Flat mood and feeling weak.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals