Need Advice On Current Supplementation Protocol For Libido/Hair

brix

Hello,

I am a 27 year old male with test levels in the upper 400s, TSH over 3, hair loss, low libido, and hard time gaining muscle and losing fat, even though I work out 3x a week. It is difficult for me to know where to begin because all of these are related and want to get to the root of the problem instead of addressing individual symptoms.

I am 6'2, 185 lbs. My diet is pretty meat/carb heavy. A few servings of fruits and veggies everyday with whey protein.

Before these supplements I tried everything... Zinc, Magnesium, Creatine, multi-vitamins, gluten free diet, no beer/alcohol. All to no avail.

All of my symptoms started when I was 20. I woke up one day to having an insanely itchy scalp with dandruff and hair loss. Libido tanked after and had trouble with ED ever since.

My current supplements:
  • estroban - daily
  • gonadin - mostly daily
  • 5-DHP - 5 drops AM
  • pansterone - 2 drops AM
  • tyromix - not taking at the moment
  • taurine - 7g/day
  • niacinimide - 1500mg before bed
I have not seen much improvement. Does anyone have advice on what I am doing wrong or what can change in my protocol? Thank you!

Orion

hard time gaining muscle and losing fat

Running on stress hormones, puts you in the catabolic state. Anabolic state would be something like having adequate glycogen stores, stable blood sugar, burning sugar and low stress hormones, for bones and muscle growth.

RP does not recommend muscle meat, whey and starch as core staples. Methionine, cysteine, tryptophan and phosphate will be too high, pushing the stress cycle.

Ideas: extreme low unsaturated fat intake, more calcium, more canning salt, dairy protein/carbs/fat, raw carrot away from meals, frequent feeding/drinking, ripe/cooked fruit, juices, liver/shellfish

1500mg is a huge amount of B3, RP suggest 100mg 2 or 3 times per day. If you do not have adequate liver sugar, B3 can backfire and increase stress hormones.

How is your sleep, 6-8hrs deep uninterrupted? Cold hands and feet? What is your morning oral temp? What is your pulse like before and after meals?

johnwester130

Hello,

estroban - daily
  • gonadin - mostly daily
  • 5-DHP - 5 drops AM
  • pansterone - 2 drops AM
  • tyromix - not taking at the moment
  • taurine - 7g/day
  • niacinimide - 1500mg before bed
I have not seen much improvement. Does anyone have advice on what I am doing wrong or what can change in my protocol? Thank you!

estroban - good.
5-dhp - I don't know.
pansterone - it's okay
tyromix - can help
taurine - 7 grams - any side effects from that dose ?
niacinamide - that's good.

For a topical, perhaps try progesterone cream.
onasnatural makes the best

Activated Vitamin B-1 cocarboxylase can help digest sugars similar to niacinamide

JoeKool

Hello

New member here but have some input:

You didn't mention Finasteride/Propecia... obviously stay away from those even if you're looking to reduce hair loss... but many times guys take a multi-vitamin specifically for males that contain Saw Palmetto , which can have a similar affect on sex drive... so ensure that ingredient isn't in anything you're taking...

Estrogen is needed for men's sex drive... perhaps the pansterone is lowering it too much?? Still, I'm leaning towards using it myself for 5ar activity so I'd investigate there

Having read the faq on here, I knew certain seed extracts like pumpkin seed inhibit DHT but didn't know why seeds did until now... ensure you have none of those snuck into your diet... if you're hair is falling out in exact circle patches, that's alopecia...

Additionally, to take things back to the workout and diet, you list 3 times a week... I'm assuming something like every other day... a sign of over training is lack of appetite and inability to sleep... all pointing to your CNS not properly recovering in between workouts... other stress related signals like loss of libido can occur there too... furthermore, what's your caloric total and meal times? When trying to add weight, eating frequent large meals, like 6 individual 600 calorie meals per day (protein, carb, fat) can help regulate a metabolism and fuel your body with the nutrients of repair...

And then, in the gym, are you doing low reps with heavy weight or high reps light weight? Are you hitting failure or stopping at 10 every time? Cardio habits??

Hope to help...

OP
B

brix

Your TSH hasn't gone down at all over the years?

The first time I tested my thyroid, it was above 2 a couple years ago. When I tested it 6 months ago, it was 3.05. It has risen every time.
Running on stress hormones, puts you in the catabolic state. Anabolic state would be something like having adequate glycogen stores, stable blood sugar, burning sugar and low stress hormones, for bones and muscle growth.

RP does not recommend muscle meat, whey and starch as core staples. Methionine, cysteine, tryptophan and phosphate will be too high, pushing the stress cycle.

Ideas: extreme low unsaturated fat intake, more calcium, more canning salt, dairy protein/carbs/fat, raw carrot away from meals, frequent feeding/drinking, ripe/cooked fruit, juices, liver/shellfish

1500mg is a huge amount of B3, RP suggest 100mg 2 or 3 times per day. If you do not have adequate liver sugar, B3 can backfire and increase stress hormones.

How is your sleep, 6-8hrs deep uninterrupted? Cold hands and feet? What is your morning oral temp? What is your pulse like before and after meals?

Thank you for the suggestions. I will cut down on B3. Sleep is good, not great. Usually get 8 hours but wake up a couple times a night. I may need a new thermometer but temp usually reads in 97 range and pulse is low upon waking, 55-60 bpm. When taking 1-2 drops tyromix, pulse hovers in 80s.
Try to test prolactin and estradiol sensitive

I tested prolactin a few months ago and it came back at 12. Not optimal, but not terribly high I believe. The doc didn't want to test estrogen though.
estroban - good.
5-dhp - I don't know.
pansterone - it's okay
tyromix - can help
taurine - 7 grams - any side effects from that dose ?
niacinamide - that's good.

For a topical, perhaps try progesterone cream.
onasnatural makes the best

Activated Vitamin B-1 cocarboxylase can help digest sugars similar to niacinamide

The taurine doesn't have a noticeable effect at any dosage. Might help with shedding. Definitely helps mellow me out after drinking coffee.
I use 5-dhp( 5AR reduced progesterone) topically (not on scalp), would this be advisable?

johnwester130

B6 and zinc may enhance taurine

It would simply be quite difficult to rub it into the scalp because it's a thick oil

OP
B

brix

B6 and zinc may enhance taurine

It would simply be quite difficult to rub it into the scalp because it's a thick oil

I don't really like topical stuff on scalp. I have been losing hair for 7 years and still have a lot, its just becoming more visible in the front. It would be easier if I shaved my head but haven't done so in a while. I will try taking zinc with taurine today.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals