Zinc Killed My Libido

Frankdee20

Libido boosting is often a transient response for me, and probably in general. Your baseline is your baseline, and to rev up something like that, when it is not ordinarily part of your makeup, requires deviation from baseline. The brain and body seem to adjust, and whatever sense of libido boost was there initially, ends up dissipating. It can also turn into anxiety, or just some other manifestation of heightened energy. Zinc was transient at best for me, that does not mean Zinc was not needed for something. It is one thing to say take only 15MG, but I learned correcting deficits can require going above the RDA. Even Tribulus increased my Libido immensely, but eventually turned into anxiety for me. Even people who have high T levels do not always have raging libido's.

milkboi

Without zinc I don‘t get morning wood. I think my body somehow needs a lot of zinc, as it came back relatively low on a blood test, even though I supplemented 25mg for 2 months before the test. But I‘m gonna stay at 15mg/day now and just keep taking it constantly.

BigChad

Keep us updated on your progress.

10mg zinc plus 3.5mg b6 daily went fine for me when i was talking it alongside an iron containing multivitamin. Iron probably limited absorption to an extent. Multi had 0.5mg copper too. When i took the multi out and continued the zma supplementation i got joint pains, fatigue, lots of anemic hypothyroid symptoms within a few weeks. I was also taking 1000mg vitamin c daily though. That could deplete some copper.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
10mg zinc plus 3.5mg b6 daily went fine for me when i was talking it alongside an iron containing multivitamin. Iron probably limited absorption to an extent. Multi had 0.5mg copper too. When i took the multi out and continued the zma supplementation i got joint pains, fatigue, lots of anemic hypothyroid symptoms within a few weeks. I was also taking 1000mg vitamin c daily though. That could deplete some copper.

So powerful. Zinc has a long half Life I believe.

Kingpinguin

@gbolduev how would you suggest I manipulate this??

You ever heard of morley robbins he has many ways of increasing ceruloplasmin without taking copper. Examples are silica, boron and retinol. If i remember correctly theres more like taurine and other stuff. Theres research for all this google ”silica ceruloplasmin ncbi” both silica and boron are potent minerals to boost ceruloplasmin levels. I would use them with retinol or eating beef liver. The extra copper will be beneficial aswell. Another mineral is selenium as selenium is needed to release minerals from metallothionine protein and also balance minerals in tissues like copper in the liver and iron, zinc, magnesium in the plasma

Kingpinguin

So powerful. Zinc has a long half Life I believe.

If big chad just takes some iron the symptoms will go away. It did for me when I over did zinc. I just took larger doses of iron and within 2-3 days all my symptoms was gone with the wind. People should stop denying the iron problem and keep walkng around with chronic fatigue. Theres a mineral homeostasis and avoiding iron like the plague and specially supplementing excess zinc will fu ck u up.

Kingpinguin

10 is enough. Otherwise too much Metallothionein.

Google selenium zinc metallothionein release ncbi and you also learn that selenium is needed to detach/release the zinc ions from the metallothionein protein thus increasing intracellular zinc. People make misstake of only taking one mineral to boost testosterone not knowin all the minerals work in synergy. Zinc needs copper and selenium. They likely also need iron and magnesium and calcium is needed for everything. No one should take any minerals. Theres dietary options for all of the minerals.

BigChad

If big chad just takes some iron the symptoms will go away. It did for me when I over did zinc. I just took larger doses of iron and within 2-3 days all my symptoms was gone with the wind. People should stop denying the iron problem and keep walkng around with chronic fatigue. Theres a mineral homeostasis and avoiding iron like the plague and specially supplementing excess zinc will fu ck u up.

Check my post mate i mentioned the iron although it may have been copper or a mix of iron copper

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
People should stop denying the iron problem and keep walkng around with chronic fatigue. Theres a mineral homeostasis and avoiding iron like the plague and specially supplementing excess zinc will fu ck u up.

I agree.

In the last 4 weeks I have been eating so much red meat (Kangaroo, liver etc), and feeling excellent since. I have a suspicion that all my IRON lowering strategies actually hurt me.

Kingpinguin

I agree.

In the last 4 weeks I have been eating so much red meat (Kangaroo, liver etc), and feeling excellent since. I have a suspicion that all my IRON lowering strategies actually hurt me.

I agree man!!!!

Stopping Zinc supps, Magnesium supps and other minerals has the been the best thing I ever did. I rely on foods for minerals now.

Really happy for you man. Increasing my iron was the best thing I ever did for my health. Good some people around these forums listen to their bodies. Im all for experimenting but you also have to question even things ray peat says. Besides peat never said iron is bad and you should donate it or restric it in your diet. Just don’t pop iron pills unless you have a diagnosed deficiency thats all. People take ray peat way too extreme. You still need pyshiological levels of iron. From what I’ve seen in studies ferritin even up to 200 did not show any significant dangers/risk. Not that I recommend those levels but having between 50-100 doesnt seem to me to be a death sentence. Same for other anti peat things. Estrogen in excess is bad but taking vitamin E high doses, taking exemestane and other ways to lower aromatase and estrogen will just damage you unless you have a diagnosed excess estrogen. Estrogen and its receptors have functions in the body and your not supposed to be low estrogen. Likely same thing goes with serotonin. Systemically its bad. Specially in the gut and blood but in brain neurons it has a degree of function. Just avoiding excess. Can throw cortisol in there. For sure its a bad hormone but its still necessary for survival. People are always gonna try to be extreme evrything is black or white never grey. Either its bad and you need to have zero of it to be optimal supra human lol. Nah human pyshiology is grey

BigChad

Google selenium zinc metallothionein release ncbi and you also learn that selenium is needed to detach/release the zinc ions from the metallothionein protein thus increasing intracellular zinc. People make misstake of only taking one mineral to boost testosterone not knowin all the minerals work in synergy. Zinc needs copper and selenium. They likely also need iron and magnesium and calcium is needed for everything. No one should take any minerals. Theres dietary options for all of the minerals.

What if you supplement all the minerals.
Also does Selenium break down metallothionen itself? Any specific selenium forms. And would selenium then improve copper absorption as well. Metallothionen has a stronger binding for copper than zinc i read. So selenium should boost copper absorption too then?

Kingpinguin

What if you supplement all the minerals.
Also does Selenium break down metallothionen itself? Any specific selenium forms. And would selenium then improve copper absorption as well. Metallothionen has a stronger binding for copper than zinc i read. So selenium should boost copper absorption too then?

Possibly only way for you to find that out is to supplement and take blood tests.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
You ever heard of morley robbins he has many ways of increasing ceruloplasmin without taking copper. Examples are silica, boron and retinol. If i remember correctly theres more like taurine and other stuff. Theres research for all this google ”silica ceruloplasmin ncbi” both silica and boron are potent minerals to boost ceruloplasmin levels. I would use them with retinol or eating beef liver. The extra copper will be beneficial aswell. Another mineral is selenium as selenium is needed to release minerals from metallothionine protein and also balance minerals in tissues like copper in the liver and iron, zinc, magnesium in the plasma

Remarkable!!!

I never knew about Silica doing this?!?! Im glad I've started drinking horsetail tea! :P

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Really happy for you man. Increasing my iron was the best thing I ever did for my health. Good some people around these forums listen to their bodies. Im all for experimenting but you also have to question even things ray peat says. Besides peat never said iron is bad and you should donate it or restric it in your diet. Just don’t pop iron pills unless you have a diagnosed deficiency thats all. People take ray peat way too extreme. You still need pyshiological levels of iron. From what I’ve seen in studies ferritin even up to 200 did not show any significant dangers/risk. Not that I recommend those levels but having between 50-100 doesnt seem to me to be a death sentence. Same for other anti peat things. Estrogen in excess is bad but taking vitamin E high doses, taking exemestane and other ways to lower aromatase and estrogen will just damage you unless you have a diagnosed excess estrogen. Estrogen and its receptors have functions in the body and your not supposed to be low estrogen. Likely same thing goes with serotonin. Systemically its bad. Specially in the gut and blood but in brain neurons it has a degree of function. Just avoiding excess. Can throw cortisol in there. For sure its a bad hormone but its still necessary for survival. People are always gonna try to be extreme evrything is black or white never grey. Either its bad and you need to have zero of it to be optimal supra human lol. Nah human pyshiology is grey

Extremely wise words brother. Much respect. I am with you 100%.

Totally agree.

BigChad

Remarkable!!!

I never knew about Silica doing this?!?! Im glad I've started drinking horsetail tea! :P

I dont think copper raises ceruloplasmin rather ceruloplasmin is needed to properly bind and utilize the copper. Vitamin d3 and C lower ceruloplasmin while A increased it. A may be better at increasing it since thats how it is in liver. A with copper. I didn't know boron and silica raise ceruloplasmin. Another problematic thing is iirc being in an inflammatory state also raises ceruloplasmin,

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals