Did anyone experience this with supplemental copper?

allan442

Still convinced minerals are involved in my condition. When I started supplementing copper a week ago, I felt really good. Skin and hair changed immediately which I didn’t know was possible. Hair is dark again like it used to be. My face got some tan color like it did before I got “sick.” Energy and focus improved a lot and I worked 12 hours a day without any effort. This copper is in the form of Copper-1 after reading some threads on here. Doses are 1-1.5 mg a day.

But I think I’m detoxing something. Actually I’m pretty confident something is coming out of my body. The last couple days I got flu-like symptoms, something that rarely happens to me. I started to feel really off especially last night and this morning I had a bowel movement and my headspace and symptoms resolved within an hour. So clearly toxins came out. Either copper is killing something in the gut directly (which is plausible) or improving my immune system.

Not sure if anyone can relate but when I’ve gotten food poisoning in the past I’d get this “crazy” feeling mentally. Like I’m on edge all the time until the illness passes. High serotonin I suppose is the cause. Brain fog. Similar feelings now until the bowel movement which cleared it up, again within an hour.

One of my symptoms is that I actually stopped feeling anxiety when I lost my libido. Like, ever. Last night though, I definitely felt it. Not sure if this is positive or negative.

In other (good) news, I’ve had a functioning libido for weeks now, which I’ve mentioned before has been dead for years. I wish I knew exactly what’s helping.

The wise thing to do is to get bloodwork except it’s damn near impossible to test what I want to test.

There are plenty of copper experience threads so forgive me for that. I didn’t see anyone have this experience.

OP
A

allan442

I suppose a cause of my non existent estrogen could be tied to low copper. But the question is: do I have true low copper or is it stuck in the liver?

Luann

Someone else will probably have more advice on your question.
Copper is actually used to control parasites in some animals

OP
A

allan442

Someone else will probably have more advice on your question.
Copper is actually used to control parasites in some animals
Thanks. I’ve considered bacteria before but antibiotics never did much after a day or two. I’ve never considered parasites but I also can’t test for them.

I get kinda scared thinking about it, if it’s parasites. The thought of that makes me nauseous I’m not sure why.

I wonder if it is actually parasites, if copper is a safe way to kill them.

Luann

I get kinda scared thinking about it, if it’s parasites. The thought of that makes me nauseous I’m not sure why.

I wonder if it is actually parasites, if copper is a safe way to kill them.
Yeah, I mean it's creepy to think about.
I think so! It works for goats... the safe limit was 10mg last I checked, though it can interact with estrogen, so it depends on the individual. Good luck

I had similar experience when started supplementing copper. I want with copper sulfate and a little bit of copper chelate. Mood swings, bad sleep was my primary symptoms. Also felt weak and slow most often. It was so for 2 weeks. As some people warned that taking copper can be like this I pushed through it. Added in diet soluble fiber food s like beans and buckwheat. I really craved those foods. Soluble fibers can help liver to get out some toxins.
Now I am fine, still taking copper.

OP
A

allan442

I had similar experience when started supplementing copper. I want with copper sulfate and a little bit of copper chelate. Mood swings, bad sleep was my primary symptoms. Also felt weak and slow most often. It was so for 2 weeks. As some people warned that taking copper can be like this I pushed through it. Added in diet soluble fiber food s like beans and buckwheat. I really craved those foods. Soluble fibers can help liver to get out some toxins.
Now I am fine, still taking copper.
Hi thanks. What doses were you taking? Do you have more info about this? Like do you know where I could read about these negative symptoms

Hi thanks. What doses were you taking? Do you have more info about this? Like do you know where I could read about these negative symptoms
I took something like 1-2 mg elemental copper from sulfate at the beginning, and then raised to 10mg per day in few weeks. Well yes, those copper advocates are saying that there's some detox going on. Hard to comment - I have not educated on this. Tho my hair mineral test showed I am low on copper (also low on iron, potassium, selenium, zirconium, rubidium, strontium). As I have been using probably too much zinc and vit d in covid panic times I have probably broken my copper balance. Also things like NAC, theanine, TMG could negatively impact copper.
When I started to use minerals alone - nothing much changed. When I added himic/fulvic suplements in the mix things started to get better. For example my psoriasis symptoms went down a lot.
There are some people who are warning me saying - it could be like I am storing copper in liver that body cant access. Tho this could be true - I have not seen (also I have not searched a lot) explanation on this.

Osukhan

I took something like 1-2 mg elemental copper from sulfate at the beginning, and then raised to 10mg per day in few weeks. Well yes, those copper advocates are saying that there's some detox going on. Hard to comment - I have not educated on this. Tho my hair mineral test showed I am low on copper (also low on iron, potassium, selenium, zirconium, rubidium, strontium). As I have been using probably too much zinc and vit d in covid panic times I have probably broken my copper balance. Also things like NAC, theanine, TMG could negatively impact copper.
When I started to use minerals alone - nothing much changed. When I added himic/fulvic suplements in the mix things started to get better. For example my psoriasis symptoms went down a lot.
There are some people who are warning me saying - it could be like I am storing copper in liver that body cant access. Tho this could be true - I have not seen (also I have not searched a lot) explanation on this.
very similar experience as you @Dainis Spainis , also using copper sulfate after reading Jason hommel's book the Copper Revolution.
but i stopped awhile ago for no particular reason and decided to get an HTMA done to see where im at and then reevaluate afterwards

OP
A

allan442

I have fulvic supplements so that’s a point to consider. Thanks for the details. What were your improvements (I assume you had since you kept taking it)

What was your Caeruloplasmin levels on a blood test?
If this was for me....

At the lower reference level 0.18 g/l

This test was done in spring - when I had my probably long-covid-related depression and CFS for 3 months or so.
Hair mineral test was done in end of the summer - by the time I felt much better.

youngsinatra

Do you take MitoSynergy copper? (I take it too)

Copper definitely can cause some die-off from my experience in the beginning.

Thoughts on copper glycinate?
Probably it is fine.

So to sum up what has happend to me since I supplement copper (and other minerals + antioxidants + D K A vit + humic/fulvic acids). So after few months of covid-depression in spring I was still struggling with working capacity in summer. Only when in the end of summer I started to supplement previously mentioned stack I started to gain better focus and mood. Now I am able to work whole day, almost every day, even in weekends and late evenings.

OP
A

allan442

No I forget the brand but it is the same type of copper (supposedly)

The die off stopped though, seems good from here

OP
A

allan442

Probably it is fine.

So to sum up what has happend to me since I supplement copper (and other minerals + antioxidants + D K A vit + humic/fulvic acids). So after few months of covid-depression in spring I was still struggling with working capacity in summer. Only when in the end of summer I started to supplement previously mentioned stack I started to gain better focus and mood. Now I am able to work whole day, almost every day, even in weekends and late evenings.
Thanks.
Yeah I noticed the same thing copper has significantly improved my work ethic. I’m still getting energy dips in the afternoon but bowel movements pull me out of it. The worst of the “die off” has passed but it comes back a little every day.

OP
A

allan442

Did you experience energy drops in the beginning? How long did your negative symptoms last when you started? Thanks

Pablo Cruise

Could I add some basics for everyone. Minerals have certain charges or valences. Calcium is 2+, Cl is -1, Zn is 2+ and so on. So the minerals have a balance in the body. When you decide to take a mineral supplement like copper, 2+ you may cause another positive charge mineral to be decreased. I suppose if taking Copper (Cu++) for a deficiency may not interfere with the so called balance but in general there is a balance so taking one particular mineral everyday may.....cause the depletion of another. That is the theory. Real life?

Dr. B

Could I add some basics for everyone. Minerals have certain charges or valences. Calcium is 2+, Cl is -1, Zn is 2+ and so on. So the minerals have a balance in the body. When you decide to take a mineral supplement like copper, 2+ you may cause another positive charge mineral to be decreased. I suppose if taking Copper (Cu++) for a deficiency may not interfere with the so called balance but in general there is a balance so taking one particular mineral everyday may.....cause the depletion of another. That is the theory. Real life?
do vitamins do this too? fat soluble vitamins? A, D, K, b vitamins?

Did you experience energy drops in the beginning? How long did your negative symptoms last when you started? Thanks

i got a mole on my pinky toe after a few weeks of using 2mg copper glycinate, dont think it was daily, it was 3x a week or something and took it alongside zinc too. it went away sometime after stopping

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals