Could this be a copper issue?

undecided0

Copper is risky to supplement blindly and I wanted to know the best way to test for copper issues? I see conflicting posts on the matter. Lots of copper toxicity talk and copper deficiency talk. I have another post where I also considered iron.

I ask this because high copper foods (especially dark chocolate, but dates as well) make me feel incredible. This might be a little dumb but I tried a single 2mg copper gluconate capsule from a buddy as a one time thing and I noticed an increase in forming mental imagery which is normally very poor, much better memory, and my normally super pale face looked years younger and more pink, and a huge increase in focus and enjoyment of things I was doing all happening only 8-12 hours after taking it.
Relief of restless leg syndrome I think.

I felt a huge increase in circulation to my extremities and I was nearly sweating in my chair. Where I live these sort of tests are expensive so I like to hear opinions on whether I should test or not.

Some negatives; the morning after I had a headache and felt weirdly stimulated. Back to lowered circulation, but I don’t wanna try it again because at that point it’s just dangerous without bloodwork.

OP
undecided0

undecided0

a while ago I took a zinc blend with 50mg elemental for a little while and it made me feel fatigued and worsened my memory so I stopped it. Oysters seemed to have an opposite effect

TheCodez

Have you seen Jason Hommel's stuff? He advocates 30+ mg of copper per day. He has a FB group here and his website is here. He claims to have used 100+ mg of copper per day for like 3 years and speaks as though it has changed his life very much for the better. Matt Blackburn did an interview with him recently here (copper toxicity is a myth). I have been taking 24mg per day for a couple weeks now and I believe my neuropathy may be improving.

OP
undecided0

undecided0

Have you seen Jason Hommel's stuff? He advocates 30+ mg of copper per day. He has a FB group here and his website is here. He claims to have used 100+ mg of copper per day for like 3 years and speaks as though it has changed his life very much for the better. Matt Blackburn did an interview with him recently here (copper toxicity is a myth). I have been taking 24mg per day for a couple weeks now and I believe my neuropathy may be improving.
Why does that sound dangerous? 100 mg copper for 3 years??
I’ll look into the links

OP
undecided0

undecided0

Could you provide a summary of his evidence?

OP
undecided0

undecided0

I couldn't do it justice. I highly recommend checking out the interview.
I watched the entire thing. I think I can get behind some of what he says, like lowering iron and estrogen but he tends to throw out these strange claims usually around iodine, niacin, etc. He makes an argument that if B6 is toxic at such and such dose then how is copper toxic at much lower doses… Not a good way to look at it.

Regardless, I’m gonna take 2mg a day for the next few days and if things continue the way they are maybe I’ll stick around longer. Hopefully others can chime in especially those who’ve listened to the podcast.

Also, I just had to point this out, not to discredit him in any way but he has a history of assault and violence against his wife… just thought that was interesting since I’m entertaining this man’s massive claims.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I also will be right here awaiting your experience with copper.

I tested my copper few years ago with the Full Monty panel and my serum and ceruloplasmin both were great. However, on the toe nail analysis recently, my copper was very low.

I wear a copper bracelet. There was an old study showing that the body does absorb small amounts of copper jewelry.

Keep us posted and mind the nausea.

valzim

I'm reading Jason Hommel's book on copper right now and listened to Matt Blackburn's podcast. But Morley Robbins has been talking about copper for years. Morley says that if you were going to make a population sick, you'd mess up their copper. Jason is saying much the same thing. Meaning the government is lying to people about the benefits of copper and the studies on copper toxicity are all bull****. Not sure if I believe the conspiracy theory thing but I guess it's plausible. The government is involved in virus research and vaccines too. But new information on that front makes me think that the entire virus thing is bull**** too. I believe viruses do not cause sickness, but viruses are created by the cells of the body to deal with a sick body, from bad food, poisons, toxins, stress, emf. But having viruses is a good way to sell vaccines and control the population as we saw on this last covid scare.

But back to copper. The government does studies where they'll give a small animal a certain dose of copper and something bad happens, like kidney damage, liver damage or death. But that dose translated to a person's body size could be 1000s of mgs, like 30-40,000. So, it's a disingenuous study. Jason says there was one report of a man taking 30mg for 2-3 years, then upped it to 60mg for not sure how long and he died. Other than that, there are no studies that show toxicity until maybe in the thousands of mgs.

Jason speaks a lot of fluoride and that copper, iodine, and boron detox fluoride. And much of the copper you injest will go to detox fluoride. And after much of the fluoride is gone, then your body will start to hold onto it. Fluoride is a known toxin but the daily allowance from the government is higher than the daily allowance for copper. BS. Now sure of the exact figures but an average person as around 2500mgs of fluoride in the body and only 75mgs of copper. He says for sure copper need to be higher than fluoride.

As per Morley's info, to increase copper, I've been taking whole food vitamin C. Whole Food vitamin C has copper in its core. Jason says that vitamin c decreases ceruloplasmin (a copper transport) and Copper but I think he's talking about ascorbic acid, which Morley says yes, ascorbic acid will lower your copper. So wanted to clear that up a bit. For a week now, I've been taking about 10mg orally and putting more on my skin. Not sure how much is absorbed. I'm guessing another 10. So maybe I'm getting 20mg. And I have to say, I feel freakin fantastic. I can see skin looking better. Mood is great. Energy is great but relaxed too. Completed those nagging projects that we procrastinate on, like cleaning garage and shed. I ordered Copper Sulfate inbulk which is the form Jason recommends cause it's very cheap. And I'll probably work up to a bit higher, like 30mgs and stay there a while. See what happens. I think it will be even greater results.

I highly recommend listening to Matt Blackburn's podcast with Jason. Jason's book is worthy too. Hope this helps.

golder

I do want to really up my copper intake as I don't get much from my diet. I don't like the idea of taking many Copper Biglycinate capsules a day for the chance of lowering my zinc. Other than oysters, what foods offer very high copper balanced with zinc as well?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I do want to really up my copper intake as I don't get much from my diet. I don't like the idea of taking many Copper Biglycinate capsules a day for the chance of lowering my zinc. Other than oysters, what foods offer very high copper balanced with zinc as well?
Shrimps, crabs, most fish, beef, poultry, etc..

edit: mushrooms, of course.

TheCodez

I daily eat 100% grass fed beef liver from the fanciest private farm in the area, but the copper content of liver is dependent on the soil that grows the grass that the cows eat, and I consequently suspect the copper content of this (and most other) liver is probably not what it should be. I'm not presently convinced there is a dietary substitute for copper supplementation.

Ben.

Keep us posted and mind the nausea.

Oh yes. I remember i tried copper supplementation some year(s) ago due to my copper being low in serum and i remember the tablets from the pure brand made me feel nauseated and left this metal taste in my mouth when taken on a empty stomache.

But back to copper. The government does studies where they'll give a small animal a certain dose of copper and something bad happens, like kidney damage, liver damage or death. But that dose translated to a person's body size could be 1000s of mgs, like 30-40,000. So, it's a disingenuous study. Jason says there was one report of a man taking 30mg for 2-3 years, then upped it to 60mg for not sure how long and he died. Other than that, there are no studies that show toxicity until maybe in the thousands of mgs.

Well, This Jason guy seems to balance and supplement other minerals too so i wonder if that was the reason for the issues in that case study.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Years ago I read an article that copper toxicity could be linked to Alzheimer’s. That copper plumbing in today’s modern homes have lead to exposures to high levels of copper. A quick search on the web showed several scientific journal articles, here is one:

I wonder whether that has to do with the oxidation state of the copper ion?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Years ago I read an article that copper toxicity could be linked to Alzheimer’s. That copper plumbing in today’s modern homes have lead to exposures to high levels of copper. A quick search on the web showed several scientific journal articles, here is one:

On the other hand, copper is deficient in Alzheimer's...

valzim

Jason addresses the copper pipe subject. Says that fluoride leeches copper out of the pipes. Copper will bind to fluoride. So the story could be more of a fluoride story but the government doesn't address that. In Jason's book, he tells of a government study on copper and drinking water but in the entire study, the government does not mention "fluoride" even though majority of municipal water in this country has added fluoride. Disingenuous.

Also, for me personally, I forgot maybe the most important part of my copper story. I have arthritis in my hands, mostly in base of thumb area. It's very depressing as I'm only 56. But seems, arthritis may be a copper deficiency. Taking copper for only 8-9 days, my hands feel 65-70% better. I hope with continued copper supplements, I get to 100% pain free.

golder

Jason addresses the copper pipe subject. Says that fluoride leeches copper out of the pipes. Copper will bind to fluoride. So the story could be more of a fluoride story but the government doesn't address that. In Jason's book, he tells of a government study on copper and drinking water but in the entire study, the government does not mention "fluoride" even though majority of municipal water in this country has added fluoride. Disingenuous.

Also, for me personally, I forgot maybe the most important part of my copper story. I have arthritis in my hands, mostly in base of thumb area. It's very depressing as I'm only 56. But seems, arthritis may be a copper deficiency. Taking copper for only 8-9 days, my hands feel 65-70% better. I hope with continued copper supplements, I get to 100% pain free.
Interesting about the arthiritus. My dad has bad arthritis in his hands and I’m looking for ways to try to help him. What form/brand/dosage of copper do you use that helped relieve your symptoms?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals