Joe Rogan Carnivore Diet Update

boris

Now how many aren't loonies on this forum or on mental illness medications self-admittedly.

You have a point. I shouldn‘t blame his way of eating for that.

@Rafael Lao Wai
Thanks for the update I didn‘t follow them for a long time. But I remember Frank talking about not sleeping even when I first heard of him.

Is he still big on the fish oils? I sent him rays article on it back then, but there was no reply after that.

You have a point. I shouldn‘t blame his way of eating for that.

@Rafael Lao Wai
Thanks for the update I didn‘t follow them for a long time. But I remember Frank talking about not sleeping even when I first heard of him.

Is he still big on the fish oils? I sent him rays article on it back then, but there was no reply after that.
He still thinks fish oil/ omega- 3s are very important, yes. Anchovies, fish roe, cod liver oil, etc. I did hear him say that you don't need a ton of PUFAs either way.

He actually talked briefly about Ray Peat in one of his recent livestreams, because someone in the comments asked about him. If I recall right, he said something along the line of "Ray Peat gets some things right, but other things he gets wrong". There is even a recent video that he made about omega-3s where he addresses the omega 3 issue, but he didn't go into very much depth with regards to all of the problematic properties of omega-3s.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
And he has done a great job at revealing the grain- fed beef agenda behind the rise in popularity of the carnivore diet. Shawn Baker and Ken Berry literally ignore the piles of evidence that CAFO beef is potentially very harmful. Really, the only explanation is that they are being paid to say that.

And Paul Saladino is an absolute disgrace of a person, copying Frank's info word by word in some cases, and using his medical authority to make it seem like he knows more than people who don't have degrees or a Phd.
There is a common catch phrase in the carnivore community that you may have heard before and it’s “eat the meat you like/crave and can afford.” This is a good way to get people to try it out and if they feel better they will be more likely to stick with it and then fine tune things in time.

I’m not necessarily saying they are right but I think the doctors that promote carnivore on social media have mostly good intentions. I try to keep in mind that MD’s see the worst situations day in and day out so it explains why they latch on to something that promises a fairly quick fix with minimal fuss and they try to make it as easy as possible for the general public. I get the impression that younger healthier people can get by with the lower quality meats compared to older, sicker people. I personally couldn’t imagine what it must be like to spend basically a decade or more in school to learn to heal people only to discover everything you were taught is virtually useless.

Strict carnivore with beef, butter, coconut oil and maybe some seafood sometimes seems to be a way to deplete PUFA painlessly.
Glucose made on demand from protein on this diet. Carnivore doesn't looks like very anti-peat imo.

So three weeks into the carnivore diet.

Getting unreal results.

- Lost 5kg without even trying. Guess roughly 3-4kg of that was water
- Eye floaters gone
- Itchy skin gone
- Eyesight better
- Stable energy all day, doesn't matter if its 8am or 9pm
- Unreal productivity. My business partner can hardly believe what is going on. In one day I accomplish more output than in 3 days before going carnivore.
- Mental clarity that I haven't experienced in 10+ years
- My body temperature and puls are higher!!!

Finally getting all the results I was promised from peating but never got.

Downside: Athletic performance not as good as with carbs.

Nutrition now: Butter, cheese, egg yolks, meat. Maybe 30-40% of calories from meat

Nutrition before: same nutrition as above but with fruits and starch.

Unless problems are showing up I will continue eating like this indefinite. I haven't felt this good in a long time.

Cheese if not fermented, made by coagulation with renet or bacteria derived enzyme, has lots of lactose.

There is a common catch phrase in the carnivore community that you may have heard before and it’s “eat the meat you like/crave and can afford.” This is a good way to get people to try it out and if they feel better they will be more likely to stick with it and then fine tune things in time.

I’m not necessarily saying they are right but I think the doctors that promote carnivore on social media have mostly good intentions. I try to keep in mind that MD’s see the worst situations day in and day out so it explains why they latch on to something that promises a fairly quick fix with minimal fuss and they try to make it as easy as possible for the general public. I get the impression that younger healthier people can get by with the lower quality meats compared to older, sicker people. I personally couldn’t imagine what it must be like to spend basically a decade or more in school to learn to heal people only to discover everything you were taught is virtually useless.
Yeah, I've heard that phrase. I do agree that it's a good gateway when you're trying it out. The only thing that bugs me is that some of those doctors say that there is no difference between CAFO beef and grass fed beef. I think grain fed can be a start, but when they say that they're the same, then the people listening won't see any reason to move to grass fed over time.

I think it's possible that they have good intentions. But I think a person can have good intentions and be paid at the same time, which will cause their message to be altered in some ways. I mean, these doctors could, instead, be promoting things like veganism and vegetable oils and fish oils. At least, they're promoting meat.

As long as people separate well the good info from the bad that these doctors are providing, then it should be a net positive.

Yes, I think healthy people can handle the estrogen in CAFO beef more easily.

For sure, it must be really depressing to realize that the many thousands of hours that they spent in college were basically just for a piece of paper. And that they either contribute to the system and make people ill, or leave and find another profession. Awful place to be.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah, I've heard that phrase. I do agree that it's a good gateway when you're trying it out. The only thing that bugs me is that some of those doctors say that there is no difference between CAFO beef and grass fed beef. I think grain fed can be a start, but when they say that they're the same, then the people listening won't see any reason to move to grass fed over time.

I think it's possible that they have good intentions. But I think a person can have good intentions and be paid at the same time, which will cause their message to be altered in some ways. I mean, these doctors could, instead, be promoting things like veganism and vegetable oils and fish oils. At least, they're promoting meat.

As long as people separate well the good info from the bad that these doctors are providing, then it should be a net positive.

Yes, I think healthy people can handle the estrogen in CAFO beef more easily.

For sure, it must be really depressing to realize that the many thousands of hours that they spent in college were basically just for a piece of paper. And that they either contribute to the system and make people ill, or leave and find another profession. Awful place to be.
I do think some of the long time carnivore people are attempting to cover the topic more lately. Shawn Baker has been talking about regenerative agriculture as well so hopefully that message will impact more people.
Here’s a recent video where Kelly Hogan interviews a rancher.
Ep. 17: What Carnivores Need to Know About Their Beef | My Zero Carb Life

His digestion seems to be really messed. I think he has low stomach acid production. He should try some thyroid to see what happens.

well if he does eat under 1500kcal a day, he must have hypothyroidism indeed! Besides, red meat has b6 and tyrosine for dopamine which helps with stomach acid but ultimately I think that hypothyroidism prevails in his case.

most people with very bad digestion don’t factor in their own dopamine levels... gotta get prolactin evaluated for that... if he had gyno as a teen and now suffers from low stomach acid it screams low dopamine all the way. Hopefully someone explains neurotransmitters to him and he gets better! His narcissistic tendencies would also improve.

I personally couldn’t imagine what it must be like to spend basically a decade or more in school to learn to heal people only to discover everything you were taught is virtually useless.

now imagine being a teacher and having to cause mental disease in generations of kids!! Doctors are nothing in term of damage inflicted to the masses.

Six-year-old told by teacher that “girls are not real”: case to proceed to a full hearing | Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms

well if he does eat under 1500kcal a day, he must have hypothyroidism indeed! Besides, red meat has b6 and tyrosine for dopamine which helps with stomach acid but ultimately I think that hypothyroidism prevails in his case.

most people with very bad digestion don’t factor in their own dopamine levels... gotta get prolactin evaluated for that... if he had gyno as a teen and now suffers from low stomach acid it screams low dopamine all the way. Hopefully someone explains neurotransmitters to him and he gets better! His narcissistic tendencies would also improve.
I agree. I think that, without dopamine, both prolactin and serotonin rises, and serotonin can reduce gut function. Probably why I get hungry after taking things that lower serotonin( lysine, cyproheptadine, theanine, caffeine, etc.).

jet9

Butter, egg yolks, cheddar cheese, fatty beef and some bacon.

Meat is maybe 30-40% of calories. 2500-3000cal overall.

Tried only meat carnivore some time ago and didn't liked it. Energy was not that good, think I
have problems when I eat too much beef.

With cheese, butter and egg yolks it's working well.
sebastian_r hi, how it's going? It's been a while since your last update.

Korven

After many failed experiments of trying to incorporate more plants into my diet - starchy carbs being the worst, fruits/raw honey = hit and miss - I'm honestly tempted to just go on a "Peat carnivore" diet of meat, raw A2 milk, eggs and nothing else. And then never change my diet again.

When I eat ONLY animal products I'm very warm, have stable mood, a zest for life and optimism, don't have to do any meal prep, have NO ACNE AND ROSACEA (this is so amazing to not have to have to deal with stupid breakouts).

Whenever I try reintroducing plants, and even safe carbs like raw honey, I don't feel as good and problems arise.

One of my (admittedly vain) concerns is that it would be difficult to gain muscle and size on carnivore but this guy in my opinion has a pretty optimal physique on a meat-based diet:

View: https://youtu.be/7YKPPgXWTBo

Anyone here doing an animal-based Peat diet???

JacobG

I do something close to it which is somewhat in line with the Maasai: High fat ruminant meat/organs, A2 dairy, eggs, sometimes berries/fruit/honey/root vegetables (small amounts). So far this is the best diet I have been on. High carb does not work for me, neither does pure meat and water.

Korven

I do something close to it which is somewhat in line with the Maasai: High fat ruminant meat/organs, A2 dairy, eggs, sometimes berries/fruit/honey/root vegetables (small amounts). So far this is the best diet I have been on. High carb does not work for me, neither does pure meat and water.

Nice! I have a similar experience with being strict "zero carb" carnivore, I feel absolutely terrible eating that way. I need the milk carbs for it to be sustainable. Raw honey I'm still undecided on, if tolerated it's a great way of bumping up carbohydrate intake. User tca300 on here eats a Maasai diet of 10+ liters of milk and has achieved optimal health.

OccamzRazer

This is similar to what I do best on too!

If you add in lots of bone broth, carrots, and cooked mushrooms it's Peaty in a way.

High carb feels bloated and high serotonin...strict carnivore feels depressing.

JacobG

Oh yes, I think we need a decent amount of glycine. I sometimes do a cream gelatin coffee which tastes pretty good or eat oxtail.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals