Joe Rogan Carnivore Diet Update

Mito

“Carnivore diet update; the good and the bad. Let’s start with the bad. There’s really only one “bad” thing, and that thing is diarrhea. I’m not sure diarrhea is an accurate word for it, like I don’t think a shark is technically a fish. It’s a different thing, and with regular diarrhea I would compare it to a fire you see coming a block or two away and you have the time to make an escape, whereas this carnivore diet is like out of nowhere the fire is coming through the cracks, your doorknob is red hot, and all hope is lost. I haven’t ***t my pants yet, but I’ve come to accept that if I keep going with this diet it’s just a matter of time before we lose a battle, and I fill my undies like a rainforest mudslide overtaking a mountain road. It’s that bad. It seems to be getting a little better every day, so there’s that to look forward to, but as of today I trust my butthole about as much as I trust a shifty neighbor with a heavy Russian accent that asks a lot of personal questions.

The good: Now, I’m well aware of the placebo effect and I’m constantly self-analyzing every perceived reaction I’m having to eating only meat for almost 2 weeks straight, but one thing I’m fairly sure of is that my energy levels are higher and steadier throughout the day. This seems undeniable. I don’t know if it’s a temporary effect and if maybe it’s just the result of eating really disciplined, but either way it seems to be real. I’ve also felt really “healthy” (other than the sporadic bouts of hellacious projectile doodoo). Again, I don’t now if this is real or imagined, but I actually seem to feel happier and more balanced. This is the only time in my life I’ve ever tried eliminating carbs for more than a day or so, and since I started the diet a couple days before January I’m now about 13 days in, at least 7 pounds lighter, and in completely uncharted territory for me. Which makes me think this is probably completely uncharted territory for 99% of the people on earth. Anyway, I’ll keep you folks posted. This is my late night dinner of liver and bacon. Only my second meal of the day, I ate a fat ribeye at 1pm.”

Login • Instagram

J

jb116

“Carnivore diet update; the good and the bad. Let’s start with the bad. There’s really only one “bad” thing, and that thing is diarrhea. I’m not sure diarrhea is an accurate word for it, like I don’t think a shark is technically a fish. It’s a different thing, and with regular diarrhea I would compare it to a fire you see coming a block or two away and you have the time to make an escape, whereas this carnivore diet is like out of nowhere the fire is coming through the cracks, your doorknob is red hot, and all hope is lost. I haven’t ***t my pants yet, but I’ve come to accept that if I keep going with this diet it’s just a matter of time before we lose a battle, and I fill my undies like a rainforest mudslide overtaking a mountain road. It’s that bad. It seems to be getting a little better every day, so there’s that to look forward to, but as of today I trust my butthole about as much as I trust a shifty neighbor with a heavy Russian accent that asks a lot of personal questions.

The good: Now, I’m well aware of the placebo effect and I’m constantly self-analyzing every perceived reaction I’m having to eating only meat for almost 2 weeks straight, but one thing I’m fairly sure of is that my energy levels are higher and steadier throughout the day. This seems undeniable. I don’t know if it’s a temporary effect and if maybe it’s just the result of eating really disciplined, but either way it seems to be real. I’ve also felt really “healthy” (other than the sporadic bouts of hellacious projectile doodoo). Again, I don’t now if this is real or imagined, but I actually seem to feel happier and more balanced. This is the only time in my life I’ve ever tried eliminating carbs for more than a day or so, and since I started the diet a couple days before January I’m now about 13 days in, at least 7 pounds lighter, and in completely uncharted territory for me. Which makes me think this is probably completely uncharted territory for 99% of the people on earth. Anyway, I’ll keep you folks posted. This is my late night dinner of liver and bacon. Only my second meal of the day, I ate a fat ribeye at 1pm.”

Login • Instagram
Poor bastard

Those Russian KGB agents are everywhere.

Vinny

Expecting the next update ....

Soren

Forum Supporter
Why would he be getting such bad diahrrea? I mean we know that the diet is very stressful for the lack of carbs etc but what would be causing the diahrrea?

Would it be from large increases of serotonin? Or possibly endotoxin from bacteria die off?

Why is he even doing it? Just because it's a hype/fad/thing going and he wants to just see what it does to/for him? He's always been a meat eater anyways.

Also, his appearance seems more "weathered" or "leathery" as of the last 5-10 years. Back when did a show called "Fear Factor" he looked really young, but lately he's been getting that thicker-skinned, wrinkly "mature" tone or look to his face, like he's become more Hulked out/stressed in the face specifically.

HumanLife

Why is he even doing it? Just because it's a hype/fad/thing going and he wants to just see what it does to/for him? He's always been a meat eater anyways.

Also, his appearance seems more "weathered" or "leathery" as of the last 5-10 years. Back when did a show called "Fear Factor" he looked really young, but lately he's been getting that thicker-skinned, wrinkly "mature" tone or look to his face, like he's become more Hulked out/stressed in the face specifically.

This might be an interesting video for you, then.

boris

Kind of. He said he wants to try it and see what it's all about, because it helped Jordan Peterson.

boris

This might be an interesting video for you, then.

Interesting observation. But I don't think the gut is from hormone use. Looks like regular metabolic syndrome. I see this "palumbo" gut on my PUFA friends.

What I don't understand is the "atrophying" of the limbs he talks about? What does he mean by that, the limbs get shorter?

Dobbler

cortisol + adrenaline honeymoon , enjoy it while you can , soon you gonna crash and burn..

How does he feel good while having diarrhea? If I take even a little bit too much of supplements that have a laxative effect on me-- like glycine, magnesium oxide, or xylitol-- I feel weak until I've properly digested another meal. That's usually hours later. If the next meal also triggers a bathroom run, when does one recover lost energy?

theLaw

With Rogan there are many factors to consider:

1. Obsessive damaging daily exercise routine

2. Testosterone use

3. Marijuana use

4. Supplement use (he owns part of Onnit sups, which used to contain silica, although they've switched to rice hull concentrate)

5. Keto = complicated.......Carnivore = simple (remember, he's a busy guy)

GreekDemiGod

To think that at some point I took pride in taking nutrition advice from Rogan. I thought he showed me the way, the Carnivore secret.

tankasnowgod

I meant he looks like he's been aging/getting more of that weathered/leathery skin look at a much faster pace in more recent years.

Well, it could be due to the fact that he's 52 and he no longer has access to Prime Time NBC level makeup, wardrobe, lighting, and special effects.

Whichway?

cortisol + adrenaline honeymoon , enjoy it while you can , soon you gonna crash and burn..

So if that’s the case how was Stefansson able to eat just meat for a whole year and be monitored by doctors at a New York hospital and remain in good health. This notion that everyone on the carnivore diet crashes seems overblown and the exaggeration of a few anecdotal reports. Obviously I’m not dismissing those who do have the experience of crashing on the diet, but something else must be going on in those people to produce that effect, as many others do fine.

T

TheBeard

Why is he even doing it?

Logic would assume he's not having perfect health and want to try something else to see if it resolves said problems.
What's wrong with trying?
What's wrong with a carnivore diet?

thomas00

So if that’s the case how was Stefansson able to eat just meat for a whole year and be monitored by doctors at a New York hospital and remain in good health. This notion that everyone on the carnivore diet crashes seems overblown and the exaggeration of a few anecdotal reports. Obviously I’m not dismissing those who do have the experience of crashing on the diet, but something else must be going on in those people to produce that effect, as many others do fine.

Probably all the insane gym visits adding additional stress, plus whatever pre existing health conditions they might have be trying to cure. Stefansson only had gingivitis, from memory.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals