Coming From Carnivore

Elir

Hi there,

Ive been carnivore for over 2.5 years. It solved a lot of my issues (asthma, acne on face and scalp, greatly helped allergies). I am grateful for that but i had no energy... I was still able to get by in life but any energy i had felt like it was adrenaline/forced/stress. Any time i am alone and home i just want to crash...thats why im looking into Ray Peat after hearing about him on a kinda-carnivore youtube channel. I am also always cold!

So. 3 weeks ago i started to eat rice. Also added in OJ, Haagen Daz Ice cream, raw milk (which ive dabbled with in the past and been fine with). Probably too much too soon. But it all tastes amazing. Eating rice with ground beef makes it so much better. I feel like ive opened pandoras box.

I was getting very bored of just meat so the variety is really nice but...

...I still have no energy
...Old symptoms are reappearing (acne and bad scalp, allergies...)

At some point ill need to make a decision - back to boring carnivore with no energy but no bad health symptoms or Peatish, also no energy, enjoyable food + health issues. If that is my choice i feel the correct thing to do would be back to carnivore - my scalp is so irritated right now!

This diet has also given me a stomach! If you saw me with clothes you would probably say im slim but i have put on stomach weight, more than i ever have in my life. Im not too concerned but yea.

Any advice to make Peat work for me?

I wish this diet were as simple as carnivore, its hard to get decent information, there are barely any youtube videos and this forum is a little confusing. I'd really appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

Recoen

Hi there,

Ive been carnivore for over 2.5 years. It solved a lot of my issues (asthma, acne on face and scalp, greatly helped allergies). I am grateful for that but i had no energy... I was still able to get by in life but any energy i had felt like it was adrenaline/forced/stress. Any time i am alone and home i just want to crash...thats why im looking into Ray Peat after hearing about him on a kinda-carnivore youtube channel. I am also always cold!

So. 3 weeks ago i started to eat rice. Also added in OJ, Haagen Daz Ice cream, raw milk (which ive dabbled with in the past and been fine with). Probably too much too soon. But it all tastes amazing. Eating rice with ground beef makes it so much better. I feel like ive opened pandoras box.

I was getting very bored of just meat so the variety is really nice but...

...I still have no energy
...Old symptoms are reappearing (acne and bad scalp, allergies...)

At some point ill need to make a decision - back to boring carnivore with no energy but no bad health symptoms or Peatish, also no energy, enjoyable food + health issues. If that is my choice i feel the correct thing to do would be back to carnivore - my scalp is so irritated right now!

This diet has also given me a stomach! If you saw me with clothes you would probably say im slim but i have put on stomach weight, more than i ever have in my life. Im not too concerned but yea.

Any advice to make Peat work for me?

I wish this diet were as simple as carnivore, its hard to get decent information, there are barely any youtube videos and this forum is a little confusing. I'd really appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!
Are you tracking on something like cronometer? Are you hitting at least the RDAs for the Bs? Many need way more than the RDA for some vitamins.

Ableton

The fatigue might be endotoxin from rice or serotonin from dairy

Try only fruit and meat for a couple days and observe energy lvls

seperate fat from sugar intake.

you are getting fat bc you are still insulin resistant and bv you lowered adrenaline

Jessie

The biggest challenge for me when making the switch from keto was dialing back the dietary fat consumption. Increasing the carbs/sugar was easy, but limiting that fat? Not so easy, at least not in the beginning. I was so use to using butter, lard, tallow, etc. in really high quantities that even a mild restriction made foods taste kind of...meh.

Even the high(er) fat "peatarians" are likely eating significantly less amounts of fat than most if not all carnivores. So this will probably be the biggest hurdle to over come, being able to make that switch from relying mostly on fat to relying mostly on carbohydrate. All fats, even saturated, will interfere with our ability to burn glucose when consumed disproportionately to carbohydrate.

If you want to correct your weight gain, you'll need to address this. Another thing I've noticed from high carb diets is the weight loss is slower but far more stable. You lose mostly bodyfat, not the glycogen, water, and muscle weight you lose during low carb.

Richiebogie

You might check each food separately to find out what is causing the scalp itch and what is causing the acne.

I have read that some carnivores eat berries. Maybe start with beef and raspberries and hold that for a few weeks.

If you tolerate that then add in OJ. If not replace the raspberries with OJ.

Similarly try bananas and prunes.

These foods have valuable vitamins and minerals and easily digested sugars.

Rice and dairy may be more problematic.

rei

starting with rice can be problematic, only once you are used to the new starchy metabolism should you gradually introduce it according to how you tolerate it. Potato is much easier to digest, try it mashed with beef tallow or butter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals