Help Me Please ! Gym And Starch

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Razvan, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Razvan

Razvan Member

Is it possible to not eat starch and replenish glycogen after workout ? I’m trying to bulk but I figured out that starch gives me some inflammation, dandruff and acne. When I don’t eat starch I feel better. What can I do ? Can I have results in the gym without starch ? How will affect my pumps and fullness ?

2. Cirion

Cirion Member

Yes. The only problem I find with sugar is that the satiety can be lacking, so I find I need at least some starch in my diet. Starch is pure glucose, and glucose tends to be better than fructose for refilling muscle glycogen, so on a gram by gram basis you might need more sugar than you would starch per-se. But it's hard to over-eat sugar, and studies show you can eat upwards of 500g sugar with zero consequence (no de novo lipogenesis) and possibly more, depending on other factors. You could also maybe try maltodextrin if you still want glucose, but not starch, for a post workout shake, which is basically pure glucose.

3. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

How old are you?

Milk seems to be really helpful in replacing the satiation that I would get from starches after working out.
    As a 40 year old male, I don't get the pump like I once did in my teens and early 20's, but I think that's a good thing if you're not overexerting yourself in the gym.

Ray talks about what is happening when the muscles are pumped up and it's not desirable if you're trying to improve metabolic health.

4. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

If you’re seeking optimal strength some starch is necessary in the diet. The worlds strongest men, who all could care less about optimal health, all eat ample amounts of starch to be as strong as possible.

If starch is giving you problems:

1)your eating too much starch
    2) your digestion is all clogged up

Certainly there is a threshold on the amount of starch the digestive system can process, and making sure that it’s not overtaxed with starch and meat and providing ample fruit/sugar/coffee/tea should all help with the utilization of energy and digestion of starch.

For the many times I’ve tried a starch free diet, I never have had as great energy, health, and strength as compared to including it in my diet.

5. OP
    Razvan

Razvan Member

I’m 19 years old 6 foot 2 191 lbs at around 11 % body fat . I’m ripped I come from low carb cutting here and since peating everything improved but I have only this problem of starch giving me a lot of dandruff and some acne. I’m confused now.

6. OP
    Razvan

Razvan Member

And also I have a waking temp of 96.8 but after eating enough food it gets up to 98.6 . What do you guys think. I don’t want to go in public with a head full of dandruff

7. theLaw

theLaw Member

You might try using just White Vinegar to rinse your hair every day (scrub into scalp). This will kill any bacteria, and should clear up any dandruff.

Also, if you use any leave-in hair-products, they will dry out your scalp pretty easily. Keep in mind that most people have to use conditioner after shampoo for this reason.

Cocoa butter can also replenish moisture, but it's pretty messy imo.

8. Carrum

Carrum Member

The phrase is "Couldn't care less".

9. redsun

redsun Member

You might have "Essential Fatty Acid" deficiency creeping up because of PUFA depletion which really just means the increase metabolism is increasing requirements of certain B-vitamins. Taking active form of B6, and biotin should help with dandruff. It may help more just to take a good B-complex with good forms of all the B-vitamins. Those are more pricey but definitely worth it because active form B-vitamins do so much more than prevent dandruff. I know haidut sells a product called energin that is very good but if you arent a fan of the idea of liquid supplements Im sure you can find good B-complexes online with all the right forms. And just to be a bit more helpful, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin 5 Phosphate, Niacinamide, D-Panthenol, and Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate are considered the preferred forms of B-vitamins. Thiamine Pyrophosphate is the actual active form but its not as popular and Thiamine HCL is more widely used and known and works just fine.