Help Me Please ! Gym And Starch

Razvan

Is it possible to not eat starch and replenish glycogen after workout ? I’m trying to bulk but I figured out that starch gives me some inflammation, dandruff and acne. When I don’t eat starch I feel better. What can I do ? Can I have results in the gym without starch ? How will affect my pumps and fullness ?

Cirion

Yes. The only problem I find with sugar is that the satiety can be lacking, so I find I need at least some starch in my diet. Starch is pure glucose, and glucose tends to be better than fructose for refilling muscle glycogen, so on a gram by gram basis you might need more sugar than you would starch per-se. But it's hard to over-eat sugar, and studies show you can eat upwards of 500g sugar with zero consequence (no de novo lipogenesis) and possibly more, depending on other factors. You could also maybe try maltodextrin if you still want glucose, but not starch, for a post workout shake, which is basically pure glucose.

Beastmode

Is it possible to not eat starch and replenish glycogen after workout ? I’m trying to bulk but I figured out that starch gives me some inflammation, dandruff and acne. When I don’t eat starch I feel better. What can I do ? Can I have results in the gym without starch ? How will affect my pumps and fullness ?

How old are you?

Milk seems to be really helpful in replacing the satiation that I would get from starches after working out.
As a 40 year old male, I don't get the pump like I once did in my teens and early 20's, but I think that's a good thing if you're not overexerting yourself in the gym.

Ray talks about what is happening when the muscles are pumped up and it's not desirable if you're trying to improve metabolic health.

Runenight201

If you’re seeking optimal strength some starch is necessary in the diet. The worlds strongest men, who all could care less about optimal health, all eat ample amounts of starch to be as strong as possible.

If starch is giving you problems:

1)your eating too much starch
2) your digestion is all clogged up

Certainly there is a threshold on the amount of starch the digestive system can process, and making sure that it’s not overtaxed with starch and meat and providing ample fruit/sugar/coffee/tea should all help with the utilization of energy and digestion of starch.

For the many times I’ve tried a starch free diet, I never have had as great energy, health, and strength as compared to including it in my diet.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

How old are you?

Milk seems to be really helpful in replacing the satiation that I would get from starches after working out.
As a 40 year old male, I don't get the pump like I once did in my teens and early 20's, but I think that's a good thing if you're not overexerting yourself in the gym.

Ray talks about what is happening when the muscles are pumped up and it's not desirable if you're trying to improve metabolic health.

I’m 19 years old 6 foot 2 191 lbs at around 11 % body fat . I’m ripped I come from low carb cutting here and since peating everything improved but I have only this problem of starch giving me a lot of dandruff and some acne. I’m confused now.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

And also I have a waking temp of 96.8 but after eating enough food it gets up to 98.6 . What do you guys think. I don’t want to go in public with a head full of dandruff

theLaw

And also I have a waking temp of 96.8 but after eating enough food it gets up to 98.6 . What do you guys think. I don’t want to go in public with a head full of dandruff

You might try using just White Vinegar to rinse your hair every day (scrub into scalp). This will kill any bacteria, and should clear up any dandruff.

Also, if you use any leave-in hair-products, they will dry out your scalp pretty easily. Keep in mind that most people have to use conditioner after shampoo for this reason.

Cocoa butter can also replenish moisture, but it's pretty messy imo.

redsun

You might have "Essential Fatty Acid" deficiency creeping up because of PUFA depletion which really just means the increase metabolism is increasing requirements of certain B-vitamins. Taking active form of B6, and biotin should help with dandruff. It may help more just to take a good B-complex with good forms of all the B-vitamins. Those are more pricey but definitely worth it because active form B-vitamins do so much more than prevent dandruff. I know haidut sells a product called energin that is very good but if you arent a fan of the idea of liquid supplements Im sure you can find good B-complexes online with all the right forms. And just to be a bit more helpful, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin 5 Phosphate, Niacinamide, D-Panthenol, and Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate are considered the preferred forms of B-vitamins. Thiamine Pyrophosphate is the actual active form but its not as popular and Thiamine HCL is more widely used and known and works just fine.

Last edited:

Runenight201

How would you fix this?

Above all else gain some awareness over the food you eat and how it feels in your digestive tract. Once that’s done it becomes evident what foods are good and what foods are bad. This involved a huge amount of meditation and contemplation. Marijuana low key increased my bodily perception significantly, and allowed me to finally realize how clogged up and filled with crap my stomach was.

If I mess up my digestion badly I usually reset my digestion through a short fast on some carbonated water and coffee until everything has normalized and my stomach begs for solid nutrition.

From there i have to ensure i eat proper food prepared in all the correct ways, with all the correct ingredients, spices, salt, water, etc...

Im still rotating foods around but I’ve gotten to the point where I can eat anything and be fine, not because my stomach can handle anything, but because I know right away if what I eat will be good or bad for me, and the threshold for when a food crosses over from good to bad. This means that it’s much easier for me to go hungry, which is a better result in my book because when I mess up my digestion i experience much worse symptoms than what hunger is like.

Ive been avoiding meat and eggs and I’m around 70% confident it’s the right decision. Butter and milk are a ok in correct quantities and prepared in the correct manner.

I seem to thrive on pasta, tomatoes, spices, salt, coffee, milk, chocolate, nuts, sugar, peppermints, and beer. I don’t think twice about destroying some Twix, snickers, or 3 musketeers if I’m in a crutch and just need some quick energy!

im experimenting with ramping up my beer consumption in lieu of fruit juice. It makes my stomach and body much warmer, my psychological states incredibly jovial and friendly, and is also quite delicious. There’s also fruit sours which I’m an absolute huge fan of.

In my reductionist opinion, any negative psychological states just mean that the food one is eating is no good. A quick hit of chocolate/coffee, sugar, and milk should pump the brain full of dopamine for the meantime!

Last edited:

Runenight201

Above all else gain some awareness over the food you eat and how it feels in your digestive tract. Once that’s done it becomes evident what foods are good and what foods are bad. This involved a huge amount of meditation and contemplation. Marijuana low key increased my bodily perception significantly, and allowed me to finally realize how clogged up and filled with crap my stomach was.

If I mess up my digestion badly I usually reset my digestion through a short fast on some carbonated water and coffee until everything has normalized and my stomach begs for solid nutrition.

From there i have to ensure i eat proper food prepared in all the correct ways, with all the correct ingredients, spices, salt, water, etc...

Im still rotating foods around but I’ve gotten to the point where I can eat anything and be fine, not because my stomach can handle anything, but because I know right away if what I eat will be good or bad for me, and the threshold for when a food crosses over from good to bad. This means that it’s much easier for me to go hungry, which is a better result in my book because when I mess up my digestion i experience much worse symptoms than what hunger is like.

Ive been avoiding meat and eggs and I’m around 70% confident it’s the right decision. Butter and milk are a ok in correct quantities and prepared in the correct manner.

I seem to thrive on pasta, tomatoes, spices, salt, coffee, milk, chocolate, nuts, sugar, peppermints, and beer. I don’t think twice about destroying some Twix, snickers, or 3 musketeers if I’m in a crutch and just need some quick energy!

im experimenting with ramping up my beer consumption in lieu of fruit juice. It makes my stomach and body much warmer, my psychological states incredibly jovial and friendly, and is also quite delicious. There’s also fruit sours which I’m an absolute huge fan of.

In my reductionist opinion, any negative psychological states just mean that the food one is eating is no good. A quick hit of chocolate/coffee, sugar, and milk should pump the brain full of dopamine for the meantime!

I have replaced pasta with yucca, the most superior starch, and I have ultimately and with certainty decided that meat is an integral part of the diet.

The key is to boil the hell out of that yucca and make it super moist and slimy, then mix it with some ground beef and a milk based soup, and then that meal becomes a powerhouse of well-being.

jet9

I have replaced pasta with yucca, the most superior starch, and I have ultimately and with certainty decided that meat is an integral part of the diet.

The key is to boil the hell out of that yucca and make it super moist and slimy, then mix it with some ground beef and a milk based soup, and then that meal becomes a powerhouse of well-being.
Are you still having good results with yucca ?

Runenight201

Are you still having good results with yucca ?

oi! Even better with rice noodles! How they absorb moisture and flavor surpasses every starch I’ve had so far. Rice noodles, the most superior starch! Careful with the Asian sauces though. I went overboard on the hot Siracha in combination with Serrano peppers. I could barely finish my dish...I found that the forbidden emasculating soy sauce helped me tolerate that heat so much better. Next time I will ditch the siracha, keep a little bit of the tamarind paste, and dump soy sauce all over it!