Jordan Peterson - The Carnivore Diet Changed My Life!

DaveFoster

lolWell I was also trying to make a play on fruitatarianism sounding similar ... I dont think ive ever had a rutabaga ...
You're not missing out. They're bland like turnips. Parsnips would be much better, but unfortunately they're linked to cancer.

Last edited:

Daft

I think you're over complicating it. Restoring bile acid production (namely via natural taurine production) will cure any dysbiosis. Having a proliferation of candida (or sibo) naturally tanks your B6. I can't remember why but I think it's waste byproducts from the candida.

For whatever reason restoring vitamin D status stops the high taurine need. Perhaps due to alkaline environment in the body. That means restoring vitamin A and K status alongside D (no supps ideally), alongside some form of regular exercise to protect the liver from lymph congestion.

Raw dairy is a good suggestion as calcium needs will be quite high to restore vit D status and pasterised dairy will be inflammatory in this state.

Here is a post by haidut ..

I believe having robust vit d status (and therefore excellent calcium and magnesiun status) allows the more alkaline environment in the body to spare the excessive taurine need as the candida dies.

Interesting.

Why is calcium needed to restore vitamin D status?

sunraiser

Interesting.

Why is calcium needed to restore vitamin D status?

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2017/05/16/tell-difference-vitamin-d-calcium-deficiencies/

That's a good article to shed some light on it - although in my experience both are necesssary (they're not distinct deficiencies, that is). Also, a person with access to dairy will generally be eating calcium to craving based on their current metabolic state so the idea of "forcing" calcium to resolve a vitamin D deficiency is dangerous. Vitamin D is a calcium enabler but you have to take in the calcium when prompted in order to restore vit D status, if that makes sense?

I don't think anyone has the entire picture, and while Masterjohn is great, like many scientists he looks at things from a mechanical perspective instead of a dynamic one. This is often detrimental when using the info for practical purposes as our bodies aren't contraptions in the way a scientist might want them to be.

Just to reiterate, arbitrarily increasing your calcium intake can be very very bad for your body (my experience) - cravings are far safer. Person A (given their current status quo) might be healthiest at a calcium intake of 500mg where person B might be healthiest at an intake of 1g.

Hope that makes sense!

Daft

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2017/05/16/tell-difference-vitamin-d-calcium-deficiencies/

That's a good article to shed some light on it - although in my experience both are necesssary (they're not distinct deficiencies, that is). Also, a person with access to dairy will generally be eating calcium to craving based on their current metabolic state so the idea of "forcing" calcium to resolve a vitamin D deficiency is dangerous. Vitamin D is a calcium enabler but you have to take in the calcium when prompted in order to restore vit D status, if that makes sense?

I don't think anyone has the entire picture, and while Masterjohn is great, like many scientists he looks at things from a mechanical perspective instead of a dynamic one. This is often detrimental when using the info for practical purposes as our bodies aren't contraptions in the way a scientist might want them to be.

Just to reiterate, arbitrarily increasing your calcium intake can be very very bad for your body (my experience) - cravings are far safer. Person A (given their current status quo) might be healthiest at a calcium intake of 500mg where person B might be healthiest at an intake of 1g.

Hope that makes sense!

Yes that helps thank you. I've felt some effects I've seen corroborated in the peat world from both calcium and vitamin d, such as stiffness of muscles, though that was thought by some talking about it to be temporary and/or your body not using it properly yet, i.e. excitotoxic. What have you noticed?

Janaki

Some people have been on the carnivore diet for 20 years. They don’t seem to have any health issues.

GreekDemiGod

I did the Carnivore Diet from March 2019 to July 2019, so 4 months. I did not had success with it, and quit it.
It did not heal my depression. It did not gave me higher energy levels.
And now I've found RP's ideas and I'm puzzled.
I experienced hair loss and thinning on Carnivore, that scared me a lot.
My sleep was fine in the beginning (first month), but it went progressively worse, I could barely sleep 6hrs / night.
I'm also a LDL hyper-responder, meaning my LDL increased by more than 100% on a high-fat diet.

There are some long-term Carnivores (8 - 10 years) that seem to be doing fine:
  • Kelly Hogan. She is about 38 - 40 years old, looks OK for her age
  • Charles Washington. Same, looks ok, not impressive for his age
  • Amber O'hearn, 10 years Carnivore. Not impressed with how she aged, and she is still a bit overweight

Goobz

the thymus degrades very rapidly during starvation :;:

But it regenerates after refeeding (as long as it’s only a periodic fast, and not long term starvation or caloric restriction) with a multitude of benefits to the immune system

Nigluva

Fascinating.

Thx for posting that;
I’ve discerned something about him that I couldn’t put a finger on. So this piece makes more sense- if it’s indeed true.

Him and his hangers-on are a weird combo of soft headed yet still obtuse and unwilling to analyze their own behaviours. His girlfriend is uneducated and says some really dumb stuff regarding nutrition, they both do. It is some sort of complex or mental illness where they accuse everyone else of mental illness while displaying some egotistical behaviours. They are strange people, and I think with no root of real spirituality or morality, they are lost and don't know it.

All these people did was read an Aajonus Vonderplanitz book and begin repeating the ideas.

Nigluva

And here he drinks viewers blood (0:37)...

This guy Ludwig got butthurt when s3vrige called him a fool for liking using saunas. It is amazing how fast they went from friends to hating one another over a simple disagreement. It is a cult. Another guy went from vegan 20 yrs to raw carni and within a year moved to phillipines and opened a carnivore resort. They hop from extreme to extreme. S3vrige came to this point after almost killing himself doing a 30 day fast.

Nigluva

Some people have been on the carnivore diet for 20 years. They don’t seem to have any health issues.

There is a handful of people and most of them look pretty average to bad. There is an example of that one couple who look fit but a couple pictures don't tell you much about their day to day operation.

GreekDemiGod

I'd like to hear a Peat-like perspective on why the Carnivore Diet apparently heals /puts in remission so many health issues and diseases.
Look into meat heals.com
Arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
A lot of them are confounded by weight loss, but even taking that into account.
I've read reports of folks curing psoriasis and macula degeneration, eyesight improvements.
They attribute it to low insulin

Nigluva

I'd like to hear a Peat-like perspective on why the Carnivore Diet apparently heals /puts in remission so many health issues and diseases.
Look into meat heals.com
Arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
A lot of them are confounded by weight loss, but even taking that into account.
I've read reports of folks curing psoriasis and macula degeneration, eyesight improvements.
They attribute it to low insulin

I would bet lots of money it is significantly from lack of fermentation byproducts, as well as providing high amounts of nutrition in foods like egg yolks and liver. Saturated fat intake at high levels probably promotes tissue healing as well. Carnivore diet = low LPS diet. If you add milk and honey it is probably pretty healthy compared to SAD or vegan, but i dont think high muscle meat diet is great idea in long run

When you realize the most vocal proponents came from vegan degeneration diets, it is no big surprise people seem to do so much better on it. The ones like shawn baker who do just steaks and ground beef and nothing else are being fools tho. I dont even know if he eats liver. He looks terrible in his videos.

Raw meat digests particularly effortlessly if you have good stomach acid. Gives a good feeling of wellness. I still do raw liver and eggs sometimes.

boris

Him and his hangers-on are a weird combo of soft headed yet still obtuse and unwilling to analyze their own behaviours. His girlfriend is uneducated and says some really dumb stuff regarding nutrition, they both do. It is some sort of complex or mental illness where they accuse everyone else of mental illness while displaying some egotistical behaviours. They are strange people, and I think with no root of real spirituality or morality, they are lost and don't know it.

All these people did was read an Aajonus Vonderplanitz book and begin repeating the ideas.

He used to post lots of Ray Peats articles under his nutrition videos, obviously cherry picking to fit his agenda.
I know he added some occasional fruitjuice, milk and cheese back to his diet, but seems very low energy still. His eyes also changed the last year. The eyelids became droopy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals