Jordan Peterson - The Carnivore Diet Changed My Life!

Arnold Grape

Well, if a glas of cider causes him to feel "an impending sense of doom" for a month and 25 days without sleep, you can go figure how healthy the carnivorous diet is making you. He even admits that problematic things are even more problematic than before, and that he has to eliminate everything but meat. It's the classic low-carb/high-protein diet story. People feel euphoric for a few months and then come crashing down and feel way worse than before. Hearing about all his health problems I can at least empathize with him and understand why he's such an angry, narrow minded person.
It is kind of interesting how he presents, with aggressive tendencies that are portrayed one way around this forum. Hearing him talk about his diet and other things makes a lot of sense in reference to those symptoms.

PhilParma

I can at least empathize with him and understand why he's such an angry, narrow minded person.
He's one of the most open minded people I've ever seen. Angry, maybe. He's probably a high a serotonin mofo.

Ray Peat would tell Dr. Peterson and his daughter, "have you tried carrot salad?"

Soren

Forum Supporter
He's one of the most open minded people I've ever seen. Angry, maybe. He's probably a high a serotonin mofo.

Ray Peat would tell Dr. Peterson and his daughter, "have you tried carrot salad?"

I agree, very open minded. Maybe a bit angry due to high stress and serotonin. Then again I'd say he has a lot of reason to be angry given the way he has been attacked and misrepresented.

Arnold Grape

Not si
I agree, very open minded. Maybe a bit angry due to high stress and serotonin. Then again I'd say he has a lot of reason to be angry given the way he has been attacked and misrepresented.
But, for our purposes, here on this forum, it's an important distinction to make whether he is angry because he is being attacked or it's his poor food choices that are making him aggressive? Or a little of both - I guess it's just fun to skew it one way

Atman

he had a hair transplant. It's pretty crazy how even the strongest minds feel incapacitated by hair loss.
Yes, Peterson is a genius and will be read for millennia to come.
He will be remembered for the revolutionary ideas of cleaning ones room and stop being lazy among many others.

Kartoffel

He will be remembered for the revolutionary ideas of cleaning ones room and stop being lazy among many others.

And for saving us from the neo-marxists that came close to taking over almost every institution in the western world, before he unveiled this gigantic coup that had been unknown to anyone else.

Atman

And for saving us from the neo-marxists that came close to taking over almost every institution in the western world, before he unveiled this gigantic coup that had been unknown to anyone else.
Oh I forgot that, forgive me.
Thank god the "neo-marxist"-controlled MSM gave him a platform to make him popular among the masses.
Where would we be without an intellectual powerhouse like him who speaks truth to power?
Because of him I now know that there are biological differences between the sexes and that intelligence is Gaussian distributed, things nobody ever stated before. He is a true revolutionary.
I also bought a personality test from him to sort my life out.

Last edited:

Soren

Forum Supporter

He actually states in interviews that he is aware that many of the things he suggests such as stop being lazy and cleaning your room are very basic and obvious. But he points them out because so few people do them and many people need to start with the most basic obvious steps in order to make any progress.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thank god the "neo-marxist"-controlled MSM gave him a platform to make him popular among the masses.
Where would be without an intellectual powerhouse like him who speaks truth to power?
Because of him I now know that there are biological differences between the sexes and that intelligence is Gaussian distributed, things nobody ever stated before. He is a true revolutionary.

Great for you that you already know all these things but unfortunately many do not and within the academic sphere and the left there clearly has been an increase in absurdity. I don't think he has ever made the claim to be the first to say these things, much of it seems to have been thrust upon him rather than him seeking it out.

Sobieski

Where would be without an intellectual powerhouse like him who speaks truth to power?
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act".

Atman

Great for you that you already know all these things but unfortunately many do not and within the academic sphere and the left there clearly has been an increase in absurdity. I don't think he has ever made the claim to be the first to say these things, much of it seems to have been thrust upon him rather than him seeking it out.

If you are a revolutionary who threatens the establishment with the truth, you don't get invited to MS talk shows/interviews and thereby lent credibility.
You get silenced, ignored, defamed and dehumanized.
I am sorry to break your illusion but your surrogate-daddy Peterson is only in it for the shekels. He is tolerated because he only questions the most extreme absurdities which have been pushed in the last 5-10 years and never been accepted except by only a tiny fringe group of society. One could could even argue that he grants credibility to this non-sense by even discussing it in a serious manner.

Last edited:

kayumochi

I haven't eaten SAD since 1987 and, of course, tried many, many ways of eating. All I can say for sure that any diet, from raw vegan to raw meat, is a step in the right direction if it is a step away from SAD. One's health will improve with any diet ... for a while. The mistake most people make is that they think they have "found the answer" and make a religion about it ...

Soren

Forum Supporter
If you are a revolutionary who threatens the establishment with the truth, you don't get invited to MS talk shows/interviews and thereby lent credibility.
I am sorry to break your illusion but your surrogate-daddy Peterson is only in it for the shekels. He is tolerated because he only questions the most extreme absurdities which have been pushed in the last 5-10 years and never been accepted except by only a tiny fringe group of society. One could could even argue that he grants credibility to this non-sense by even discussing it.

There are many stories in the MSM and alternative media that defame him, dehumanize him and there have been many attempts to silence him. Are you claiming that all these are just fake and part of a grand conspiracy to give the illusion of debate and protest in order to maintain control? If so that sounds quite outlandish and far-fetched to me. It sets out a position by which anyone who reaches any kind of popularity or notearity must be a shill for the establishment or is only being permitted to have a voice as another form of control and manipulation.

Bizarre comment about "surrogate-daddy" don't know where that came from.

Where is your evidence that he is only in it for the money? Or is it your opinion that anyone who has any financial success is purely motivated by financial gain and does not have any convictions and principals? If he were only in it for the money he certainly chose a very unusual path to get there. Supporting a position that ran counter to the powers at be in the university leadership, who then threatened to fire him from his job, attacked and defamed by the MSM, attacked and misrepresented in virtually every MSM interview he takes part in. Hardly seems like a recipe to become super rich. But I guess this was his plan all a long right, and the establishment was in on it too.

To which nonsense does he grant credibility to by discussing it? I don't know specifically what you are referring to but the idea that bad ideas should not be discussed is in itself a bad idea. Sunlight is the best medicine and bad ideas that are left to fester become worse and grow and mutate they do not disappear. A lot of the ridiculous ideas we see from the far left now would not have gotten to where they are if someone had challenged them earlier. The fear of causing offense and the political correct nature of the universities is in large part to blame for current power fringe groups have.

kayumochi

He actually states in interviews that he is aware that many of the things he suggests such as stop being lazy and cleaning your room are very basic and obvious. But he points them out because so few people do them and many people need to start with the most basic obvious steps in order to make any progress.

Basic steps to success that certainly are not unique to Peterson. Every generation, particularly his audience, needs to hear them.

kayumochi

Peterson has tapped into the rich history of "success literature" that exists in the USA and has made a lucrative career out of it. He is a modern day Napoleon Hill ... and that's it.

Dennis

Literally just finished listening to this podcast. I can’t remeber who wrote it here, but someone on this forum was saying something similar to this, essentially eating just cola and meat for a week to avoid anything that could increase endotoxin.

Can anyone weigh in on why Jordan Peterson’s diet could be working so well for him? I just assumed better gut function due to no irritating foods?
I have been on a carnivorous diet for 5 years now. This is the only diet that has reduced my health problems significantly. The only plant matter that I do not negatively react to is coffee. My diet consists of red meat, eggs, butter, salt and coffee.
I do not take well to any vegetable or fruit including most 'Peaty' stuff i.e (oranges and orange juice, coconut oil, milk etc. ) There is some indication that I may take well to some types of unprocessed milk ( unpasteurized, non-homogenized etc.) but I have not experimented sufficiently.

Sobieski

I have been on a carnivorous diet for 5 years now. This is the only diet that has reduced my health problems significantly. The only plant matter that I do not negatively react to is coffee. My diet consists of red meat, eggs, butter, salt and coffee.
I do not take well to any vegetable or fruit including most 'Peaty' stuff i.e (oranges and orange juice, coconut oil, milk etc. ) There is some indication that I may take well to some types of unprocessed milk ( unpasteurized, non-homogenized etc.) but I have not experimented sufficiently.
Could you go into more detail out of interest?
What health problems? Do you have any kind of blood work (thyroid, hormones etc)?

Hugh Johnson

I am sorry to break your illusion but your surrogate-daddy Peterson is only in it for the shekels. He is tolerated because he only questions the most extreme absurdities which have been pushed in the last 5-10 years and never been accepted except by only a tiny fringe group of society. One could could even argue that he grants credibility to this non-sense by even discussing it in a serious manner.
Marxists like David Harvey and Slavoj Zizek get invited, anarchists like Chomsky get invited. Also, they at least suggested a law in Canada stating things like "gender and sex have no correlation", which is ridiculous, and the parliament is not a fringe group. Peterson was said to be just like "Hitler or Milo Yannopoulis" by tenured professors, not a fringe group.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Peterson has tapped into the rich history of "success literature" that exists in the USA and has made a lucrative career out of it. He is a modern day Napoleon Hill ... and that's it.

Having read both Napoleon Hill and Peterson I would respectfully disagree. His book 12 rules for life could certainly be said to have some elements of this as the practices that make one successful in the west are basically the same now as they were in Hills time. Although I would say his book is less about being successful in the way Hill writes (mainly financial success) and more about finding a purpose to sustain you through life.

However the majority of his work is not focused on self help it is much more in the psychology field. His books maps of meaning is in no way "success literature".

Also the fact that he is a clinical psychologist means that much of his work will take on the air of success literature as he has spent much of his clinical practice trying to improve people's lives as a clinical psychologist is want to do.

I think it is wrong to simply dismiss him simply as a "modern day Napoleon Hill". It makes me think that you have not watched many of his lectures or read much of his work beyond the snippets put forth in the MSM (apologies if this is not the case)

Musonius

This is interesting...

This woman eats a carnivore diet with cane sugar and credits the sugar with restoring her emotions.
The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats? | The Primal Parent

She writes... "
A carnivorous diet makes me kind of Vulcan.

Just about the only emotion I would feel is annoyance with all of the emotional people around me! But for me, life was interesting, exciting, and busy."

I noticed the same thing when I did an all meat diet last year for about 5 months. It was if I didn't feel anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals