is peat where everyone eventually ends up ?

uuy8778yyi said:
all roads lead to ray peat

and end there too.

dead.gif

nikotrope

RP even said somewhere that a diet of milk and meat is fine. Coconut/MCT oil is metabolized to ketones, no stress here and highly recommended by Peat. And he thinks sat fat is a good source of fuel, but since he wants to minimize PUFA he avoids fat (you can still be around 2-3% of PUFA in a high fat diet).

Ex-Peaters did not become Paleo eaters. There's a lot of anti-thyroid foods in the Paleo diet that these people do not eat. They eat gelatinous meat, eggs and dairy products, all peat approved foods. No bacon, no nuts, no high protein, no unnecessary exercise. It makes a lot more sense than Paleo.

I am sure a lot of people here (including me) have been on a low carb Paleo diet that broke their metabolism because of high PUFA, high protein and lots of anti-thyroid veggies, legumes and nuts. After this kind of experience, we prefer to stand away from low carb especially since RP saved our health with sugar. But I am trying to keep an open mind when ex-Peaters have solid arguments in favour of a high fat diet. Which doesn't mean I will listen to Paleo gurus and Bulletproof bull****.

you

nikotrope said:
RP even said somewhere that a diet of milk and meat is fine. Coconut/MCT oil is metabolized to ketones, no stress here and highly recommended by Peat. And he thinks sat fat is a good source of fuel, but since he wants to minimize PUFA he avoids fat (you can still be around 2-3% of PUFA in a high fat diet).

Ex-Peaters did not become Paleo eaters. There's a lot of anti-thyroid foods in the Paleo diet that these people do not eat. They eat gelatinous meat, eggs and dairy products, all peat approved foods. No bacon, no nuts, no high protein, no unnecessary exercise. It makes a lot more sense than Paleo.

I am sure a lot of people here (including me) have been on a low carb Paleo diet that broke their metabolism because of high PUFA, high protein and lots of anti-thyroid veggies, legumes and nuts. After this kind of experience, we prefer to stand away from low carb especially since RP saved our health with sugar. But I am trying to keep an open mind when ex-Peaters have solid arguments in favour of a high fat diet. Which doesn't mean I will listen to Paleo gurus and Bulletproof bull****.

Milk and meat diet? Isn't that in direct contradiction of many of his views? Seeing as meat is high in tryptophan and methionine.

nikotrope

you said:
nikotrope said:

Milk and meat diet? Isn't that in direct contradiction of many of his views? Seeing as meat is high in tryptophan and methionine.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/calcium.shtml

A diet of milk and fruit, or milk and meat, provides a nutritional balance with generous amounts of calcium and magnesium.

Meat eaten with milk is better against the bad amino acids. He favours gelatinous cuts and only from ruminants, so bad amino acids are less of a problem that way. With milk composing the bulk of the diet, 100-200g of meat is enough and will not mess too much with the calcium:phosphorus ratio. He might not be optimal, but it is okay for the nutritional balance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals